Christmas Party Planning Tips

It’s beginning to look a lot like christmas, everywhere you go !!!!! sorry I just had to sing that little line for y’all but people christmas is almost here, ain’t you excited? I sure am. The title of this post certainly gives it away, today I wanted to share with you some of my tips for christmas party planning. I am not that great at it but I do try now and again. There a lot of things to consider when planning a christmas party and any other party in general. With parties it could either be a disaster or a huge success,the tips I will share are more from my point of view as an attendee than the organiser.

christmas party tips

Party planning tips

• Know your audience – I can not stress enough how important it is for the organiser to know his/her audience. If you’re inviting friends and family then you pretty much know half of the battle and the other half is knowing their common ground. There is nothing more I hate than attending a party where it looks as if it was only planned for a select few and I was a stand in guest in case someone cancelled.
  • Stay organised and plan ahead – some parties can not be helped but be last-minute but others take months of preparation to get them right. If you know you will be having say 20 guests and can not fit them in your home then it is important to find a venue that would cater for such numbers. I am sure your local town has venues available to accommodate your guests, London has so many wonderful venues like One Marylebone which was built-in 1826 in the heart of the capital and hosts many events including christmas parties. Having a venue which is easy to navigate and has easy public transport accessibility is very important. This will ease the minds of your guests and stop people from cancelling because it’s too far or hard to get to.
  • Sort your Food & Drink – most venues would offer to cater at an additional cost but if you didn’t want catered food, knowing how many people you’re expecting is a great way to start. I love the idea of sending out a proposed menu and checking dietary requirements, in this day and age people seem to be very wary and particular about the food they eat. To avoid disappointment to both you and the guests it is best to find out way in an advance.
  • Send your invites – we live in a very technologically advanced century so it is easy enough to send an e-invite but I know some people are old school and prefer card invites which I think is sweet and has more of a person touch.
  • Sort your outfit & accessories – I do not know about you but I always feel like every christmas party I attend I need a new dress for it. It is crazy but that’s how I feel and 90% of the time I do just that but you could always look at the back of your closet, you never know Santa might have left you something there. 🙂

The only thing left now is the christmas party date to arrive to and for you and your guest to have a blast. These are my party planning tips. I have left out music because we all know you will be playing jingle bell songs anyway!! 🙂 What are some of your tips for christmas party planning?

Have you ever planned a party before christmas or otherwise?

signature

*Collaboration post

1. December 1, 2015 / 5:28 am

I can’t believe it is already getting to that time of year for Christmas parties. Great tips, especially time management and minding the food choices.

2. November 28, 2015 / 6:54 pm

Yay for holiday parties! Im working on planning a few gatherings and this is perfect timing for me since I need all the help I can get!

3. November 27, 2015 / 9:38 pm

I am so excited for the holidays! I give a christmas party every year so I know how much goes into a party, these are good tips!

4. November 27, 2015 / 8:31 pm

These are great tips for having a great holiday party. I have become much more relaxed in my planning, and it’s definitely not as stressful.

5. November 27, 2015 / 12:41 pm

In preparation to parties – food and drinks are always something that comes to my mind immediately. These are awesome tips – it reminded me how christmas is just around the corner, gosh!

6. Rebecca Swenor
    November 27, 2015 / 6:34 am

These are indeed great tips for planning a Christmas party. It is so important to be prepared ahead of time for the whole party. Organizing is also a very important part which makes everything much easier to deal with and is so much less stress.

7. November 27, 2015 / 4:13 am

Great tips! I`m hosting my first ever christmas party for kids this year and I`m so excited about it! I really want to throw myself into the theme, I`ve been pinning ideas like a mad woman! xx

8. November 26, 2015 / 9:46 pm

I love all these tips, so helpful! I definitely need to make sure I plan ahead of time. I hate feeling rushed!

9. November 26, 2015 / 9:08 pm

Those prepping for holiday parties would be wise to pay attention to this handy list. This season just has a way of overwhelming you if you don’t prepare properly.

10. November 26, 2015 / 11:46 am

You’ve brought out some really great tips for party planning. I have a bit of an issue with organization, I just can’t get that down pat.

11. November 26, 2015 / 10:31 am

Great tips. It’s definitely best to keep organised! I’ve never thrown a Christmas party before but did plan and organise Blake’s christening party back in july. I am also planning a mini party of Blake’s first birthday in a few weeks time.

12. victoria
    November 26, 2015 / 9:55 am

this is such a great tips. We’re planning to have a Christmas party next month and i am excited to apply this tips.

13. November 26, 2015 / 6:18 am

When it comes to throwing a party (for me) it’s ALL about the food and drink! Great tips <3

14. Miles L.
    November 26, 2015 / 5:43 am

Thanks for sharing your tips. These tips can also be applicable to other types of parties and special occasions.

15. November 26, 2015 / 2:16 am

I like the wardrobe tip! I always end up throwing something on without putting that much thought into it!

16. November 26, 2015 / 2:00 am

Great tips. I like that you even mention planning your wardrobe. I tend to rush and then throw on something I don’t love.

17. November 25, 2015 / 10:45 pm

I’m not really a big party person, unless it’s for N and then I get quite into it. Some good tips here.

Noticed you’re in Oxford. If you’re not following it, there’s an Oxfordshire Bloggers group on FB, twitter and website.

18. November 25, 2015 / 8:07 pm

Good tips. I’ll be hosting our Christmas party this year at a home and these tips will definitely come in handy. Hubby will be cooking so that will saves us a lot of money on catering.

19. November 25, 2015 / 8:02 pm

One job that I could definitely never do is party planning, it would drive me absolutely insane, I take my hat off to those who do it as a job and those who enjoy doing it for work x

20. November 25, 2015 / 7:48 pm

We’re hosting Christmas Day dinner this year so these party planning tips will come in super handy. Thanks for sharing x

21. November 25, 2015 / 6:04 pm

Great party planning tips! I think it’s so important to stay organized and plan ahead. I’m definitely a list-maker. That helps me keep track of everything!

22. November 25, 2015 / 5:53 pm

These are such great tips! Thankfully I’m not the one hosting the parties this year!

23. November 25, 2015 / 5:37 pm

We are not having a Christmas Party but my daughter is going to one at school and we will be going to a church one too! I hope to do my own christmas party when i’m well maybe next year.

24. November 25, 2015 / 5:03 pm

I think staying organised is the key! I am terrible at staying organised, haha. I also think making lists is helpful, too! Lovely ideas and tips. 🙂 xx

• November 25, 2015 / 5:09 pm

Thank you, I am a lists person and I find that is only way I stay organised.

25. November 25, 2015 / 2:41 pm

We are hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow as we do every year. I’m glad there’s a small amount of us that we don’t have to buy a venue. Sounds pretty expensive to have to do that, but the alternative would be having a crowded home and sometimes that’s just not very enjoyable.

• November 25, 2015 / 4:53 pm

I can be expensive to book venue and have it catered but not all places are expensive sometimes it could be cheaper and easier to book and have cater than cook and prepare your home.