Lifestyle ~ kids bedroom ideas

Kids bedroom ideas has been brought to you in conjunction with kids beds online.

In the new year my brother and his family are moving back to their home after moving over 1 year ago now. When they moved my nephew had just turned one and now he’s three so he needs a big boy room.

I worked on this post with my sister in law to give you an idea of a kid’s bedroom we thinking of for my nephew.

Over to my sister in law…

As a parent I am constantly looking at clever ways to design my son’s bedroom so that I have maximum storage and playing space. We are about to move house so have been looking at different ways to decorate his new room which isn’t the biggest so we need clever ideas on how to fit everything in. When my sister in law mentioned Kids Beds Online I immediately had to check it out and found it has some really great designs, it incorporates storage, desks and play areas to give a fun environment for my little boy. I have found it to be a really good website as they offer free delivery on anything you order which as we all know can cost a fortune on big items! There are loads to choose from so you can tailor it to your kid’s individual needs. The bed I personally would choose for my little boy is the Thuka Hit 4 Cabin Bed as it has a play tent underneath that I can store his toys in and make a little den for him to play in, the bed itself is above. It has a small ladder to climb then a slide to get back down. I know he would have hours of fun in the morning going up and down the slide giving me a lay in! It even gives you the option to add a bunk night light and the mattress so you everything you need. The value for money is good too and they currently have some items in the sale, including the one I have my eyes on… it’s a win win!

As my sister in law as mentioned above, because of space restrictions in my nephew’s room we have to be clever with the type of bed we choose for him.

Another item to consider is how long your child will have the bed for before you upgrade to normal single or double bed dependant on your home size, is it something fun that they won’t get bored of after a few nights in, is it comfortable and mostly is it affordable for your current budget. Kids beds online has budgets for everyone and with the current sales you might just grab yourself a great bargain.

Are you in the market for a new bed for your kid(s)? Check out kids beds online for some amazing offers just in time for Christmas.

Happy Holidays to you and your family

Hannah & Miranda

1. Shannon
    January 12, 2016 / 1:55 pm

Some gorgeous decor ideas, just because you have a small space doesn’t mean you can’t utilise the space you have. We have a very small room for our two and have been looking at getting bunk beds with additional storage; we have found some beautiful and creative beds. http://www.cuckooland.com/dnc/cuckooland/home

2. December 23, 2015 / 8:07 pm

We will need to buy a new bed for Monkey in the next 3 months – this one looks brilliant! I think he would love it too! X

• December 23, 2015 / 11:52 pm

I am sure he would love it too. Thanks for stopping by.

3. December 23, 2015 / 7:41 pm

I love these ideas, those beds are lovely! I need to start planning my little boys bedroom!

• December 23, 2015 / 7:42 pm

Thanks Eve

4. December 23, 2015 / 3:32 pm

You have some gorgeous ideas here I love high cabin beds. We have some in our flat and they are so useful for practical use and can be used by the child as anything they imagine it to be.

• December 23, 2015 / 6:33 pm

Thanks Ana, that was the intention

5. December 23, 2015 / 3:10 pm

This is so cool! My daughter would have such fun with the slide, and I love the storage as there’s always so many toys – she’d enjoy a den to play in as well. We’ve just moved and while we’ve deliberately tried to keep her room very much the same to help her settle, I am plotting a bit of redecoration once the dust settles…

• December 23, 2015 / 6:34 pm

Awww bless I think it’s a good idea to keep the same when you move then slowly transform it

6. December 23, 2015 / 2:37 pm

My nephew has always had such cool beds, his first bed was a Thomas the Tank Engine bed and now he has some kind of bunk bed which is one bed and has a desk underneath x

• December 23, 2015 / 6:35 pm

Aww I love the sound of that, I wish I had a bunk bed with desk when I was young

7. December 23, 2015 / 10:54 am

I’ve been thinking about beds as we are hoping to move house soon and i really cant stand my child’s bed. It broke and it’s nailed together. I’m hoping to find the ideal kids bed next time so thanks for the food for thought.

• December 23, 2015 / 1:26 pm

You welcome and hope you manage to find something for her

8. December 23, 2015 / 9:49 am

Cabin beds are always a great choice for smaller spaces as they help create more room for other bits and bobs. They’re even better when they come with built in storage etc. and i love the fact this one has a den and slide (although i think my two would end up playing rather than sleeping!) xx

• December 23, 2015 / 9:59 am

Haha I was thinking the same for my nephew but then it would tire him out then sleep which is a win win situation

9. December 23, 2015 / 7:24 am

I don’t have children myself but do have nieces and nephews and can attest to the fact that choosing the right bed and storage spaces for a child’s room works wonders when space is limited. My nieces have a bunk bed which they love right now and are sharing a room but thankfully there is a spare room in their home for when they get older and want separate rooms. Great post!

• December 23, 2015 / 7:42 am

Thanks Nadia, for those with limited space they need to be clever about bed types and storage

10. December 23, 2015 / 7:23 am

I love high cabin beds as they free up the floor space for play space and can act as a den for their imagination. We have one here 🙂

• December 23, 2015 / 7:43 am

I know what you mean, my nephew would have a ball with this bed