This is a collaborative post with Flight Centre, all opinions expressed are my own.
Travelling in 2016 is on top of all my goals, my bucketlists, my wants and all my wish lists. If this is not enough to convince anyone of how much I need and want to travel then check out my Travel challenge #Take12trips which will act as my travelogue for 2016. This travel challenge challenges you to go somewhere at least one weekend a month for 12 months and so far for the next three months looks like I will be on schedule.
Though most of my travels this year will be short-haul travels I wanted to share sixteen destinations that I think you and I should consider for 2016. I will be visiting two of them and hopefully add a third early 2017.
1. Bali – A friend of mine invited me to go to Bali with her but as much as I wanted to I couldn’t get time off work so instead of Bali I instead went back to Seoul at a later day. This has not stopped me thinking about Bali in fact it has made me want to go even more after the pictures she shared with me.
Must see places: Taman Ayun Temple, Batuan village and the Munduk waterfall
2. Perth, Australia – I need to add which Perth I was referring too since we have Perth city in Scotland. I have friends who live there and have invited me numerous times but always after I have either already planned my holidays or time when I can not travel due to work but I hope to go one day
3. Vancouver – when I was at University I got given a brochure advertising for the type of jobs I was looking for in Canada and if it wasn’t for the fact that I need a bit more experience I would have gone and be living there by now. I have settled for just visiting Canada one day, a friend is currently visiting and the beautiful pictures of her in the snow and the beautiful city I am so jealous.
5. China – for obviously reasons apart from the culture enrichment I also want to climb the great wall of China and honestly that will put all my travel bucket list to rest.
6. Seoul – this is probably cheating but it’s call it advertising. I have been to Seoul twice in 2015 and hope to go again this year. I have already planned when I will be going now all I am left with is buying the ticket.
Must see – namiseom and the Seoul north towel.
7. Dubai – I have been to Dubai but mostly just at the airport for my transit flight. Though all I could see from terminals at the airport was sand I was very curious to see what Dubai looks like outside the pictures.
8. Turkey – this is another country I am very fascinated about and would very much love to visit it one day.
Must see – I want to one day explore Istanbul
9. Japan – I visited Fukuoka, Japan last year but only for a few hours since I was in transit from Seoul coming back to London. I have always loved Japan and seeing Fukuoka made me long for more and next time I want to visit Kyoto.
10. Mexico – I had always had Mexico on my list until a few years ago there was a health warning about visiting Mexico I can’t remember exactly what it was but somehow I removed it from my list but now it’s back on.
11. San Francisco – I went to America for the first time last year October for work. I managed to stay four days longer so I could visit New York City and walk in Central Park (which I did). San Francisco is one of the many cities that I want to one day explore in the states.
12. Seychelles – for my future honeymoon this is where I want to go. Obviously Bali is another contender but definitely have this one at the top of my list.
13. Livingstone – I am sure not many people would have heard of this town in Zambia. It is the home of the Victoria falls (named after queen Victoria by David livingstone) it is also the town that borders with Zimbabwe and share the Victoria falls, and border with Botswana too. I have not been since I was a child and hope to definitively visit this year when I go.
Must see – the falls from both Zambia and Zimbabwe views and the knife bridge.
14. South Africa – my uncle lives in South Africa, I would very much love to go on a South African Safari and see the wild Africa.
15. Malaysia – Malaysia is another country I would very much love to visit. It is rich in culture and has so many fascinating foods (yes I want to eat more of their foods 😀)
16. Morocco – my boss and her family went to Marrakech last summer and she showed me the pictures and from then on I have been convinced and even added to my bucketlists of places to travel.
These are some of the contenders for 2016 and I hope to be able to see as many of them as I possibly can before I hit 30 (1 yr and 6 more months to go). As a solo traveller I want to visit as many as I possibly be can and thanks to Flight centre I can check out different deals for any of these proposed destinations.
Do you have any places you would like to visit one day? Are they on the list above?