Instagram
1   335
5   286
10   550
5   557
5   724

{Travel} #Take12Trips Travel Challenge ~ Month three

I can not believe it is already month three of this challenge, the months seem to be coming and going way too fast for my liking but then again I am enjoying and savouring each month as it comes.

The saying “where there is a will there is always is way” is one saying that I live by, I refuse to be chained down to the thought of “impossibilities” for the word itself says “I ‘ m possible” so why should I accept anything less?

I was recently asked how I manage to travel so much, how I started and how it become so “popular” with my readers and to be honest I didn’t realize it was popular until my fan asked me about it. My answer to these questions are: I search for the best deals out there, I hardly ever book pack deals I do everything myself unless it’s a destination too far from home. Traveling to Europe is easy for me because I am in the UK and so many budget airlines around offering great deals. I have a very good paying job plus I now earn enough from my blog to support my travels. Remember!! I book early (where possible) and have joined discount club with wizz air so my flights are always cheapest with them. My last trip to Prague was £40 return, my trip to Brno was £15 return. I then stretch my money by looking for best deals on hotels, airport transfers and I bring things I need instead of buying. These are some of the things I do to stretch my money and visit many places.

Month three

So #take12trips is already on month three, remember you can read up on my month one – where I visited Ljubljana, Slovenia and Vilnius/Kaunas, Lithuania then for my month two – I went on a weekend getaway to Prague.  I am mostly a sol traveler and month three is no different.

Brno

Phallic clock in Brno

For month three I had booked my ticket to Brno (£15 return) with wizz air and since I had a long weekend I squeezed in a visit to Vienna, Austria and Bratislava, Slovakia. These two extra cities are less than 3 hours from Brno by bus and even less by train. I realised instead of confiding myself to one city I could make my money stretch for me. Brno uses Czech krona so made things even cheaper for me who uses pounds, both Vienna and Bratislava use the euro but it’s still weaker than pound so I was still able to stretch my money.

Schnobrunn Palace

Schnobrunn Palace

I won’t lie and say I have the best budgeting skills because I don’t but one thing I always make sure with my travels is that I pay for my hotel upon arrival so that any money left I know it’s for adventures and food. And since I spend so much time exploring I carry energy bars, fruits and water so I am not tempted to buy foods that are not on budget. I also walk where it’s walkable instead of using buses or trains/trams unless I have bought a ticket for the entire day or entire duration of my stay.

Primatial Palace

Primatial Palace

Traveling has opened my eyes to so many things, not once do I want to just be living through someone else’s eyes I wast to do it myself where possible. This travel challenge is exactly what the doctor ordered and can not wait to share the many more travels I have planned.

Follow Miranda ‘s board Travel on Pinterest.

1. February 17, 2016 / 7:52 am

I love exploring new places. Traveling seems so much fun and exciting.

• February 17, 2016 / 7:53 am

Traveling is always fun and very exciting whether alone or with friends

2. February 16, 2016 / 6:04 pm

Oh yeah travel opens our eyes to so many things. I believe everyone should get a chance to do this as often as they can

• February 16, 2016 / 6:05 pm

Thanks so much

3. February 16, 2016 / 4:17 pm

I love the enthusiasm you have for the travelling and I feel as though I am exploring these pleaces with you as you go x

• February 16, 2016 / 4:18 pm

Awww thanks Rachel, glad to hear that

4. February 16, 2016 / 4:05 pm

I love this challenge! I’m in the US (in the midwest specifically) and feigning to get to Europe, Flights over there are always insane (I’m talking $1,000+ US round trip) and the time it takes to get there means I’d really need to stay AT LEAST a week to make it worth it. I’m interested to know if the US has any domestic travel clubs like wizz air b/c even domestic flights can get pretty pricey.

xo,
    Roxy

• February 16, 2016 / 4:10 pm

$1000 oh my goodness that’s a lot, I am sure he US has something on domestic pricing.

5. February 16, 2016 / 2:32 pm

I love this challenge, I really want to travel more as I use to love it before I had children. You have mentioned some great tips for others wanting to travel but worried it will cost to much. I had no idea you could get flights so cheaply xx

• February 16, 2016 / 2:57 pm

It’s an amazing challenge and as amazing as it to travel abroad it’s nice to do staycations too

6. February 16, 2016 / 12:56 am

I love this challenge! My husband and I have a goal of traveling more. I want to go on another cruise, but I think he want’s to fly to another country. I don’t know, we’ll figure it out. As long as we’re exploring and having fun, I won’t care! I love the tip about paying for your hotel upon arrival! Thanks for sharing.

• February 16, 2016 / 7:36 am

You most welcome, I am yet to go on a cruise but I bet it’s amazing

7. February 15, 2016 / 10:45 pm

Lovely post, I’m so jealous of all the places you got to visit. I would love to travel.

• February 15, 2016 / 10:50 pm

Thanks Stephanie

8. February 15, 2016 / 9:58 pm

it’s great that you go to squeeze in those two extra cities! makes the most of travelling – some beautiful places and lovely photo’s – looking forward to next months post!

• February 15, 2016 / 10:05 pm

Thanks so much

9. February 15, 2016 / 9:56 pm

I think this is amazing and you have inspired me to do this once the kids are bigger, at the moment we need to be content with travelling around the UK but even that we are trying to do on a budget. I intend to make the most of my maternity leave 🙂 xx

• February 15, 2016 / 10:03 pm

Enjoy it Hun, I want to explore the UK a bit more

10. February 15, 2016 / 9:55 pm

I wish I could do some short breaks abroad like you’re doing. Hopefully when N’s a little older we’ll do so.

• February 15, 2016 / 10:02 pm

I am sure you will soon once N is a bit older

11. February 15, 2016 / 5:27 pm

Like Dean, I am very envious! I used to love travelling and your photos make the places look great. At the moment we never get to visit anywhere but France where my mum lives (though it’s lovely). My littlest is 1 so hopefully in a few years we can start travelling to places like this again.

• February 15, 2016 / 5:41 pm

Thanks luv and hope you start traveling soon

12. February 15, 2016 / 4:23 pm

Thanks for giving some traveling tips. I would love to travel like you do but that would be hard with two kids in tow. They barely let me go to the grocery store.

• February 15, 2016 / 5:37 pm

Awww bless and thanks

13. February 15, 2016 / 4:08 pm

Love your posts Miranda as a fellow traveller I love to find out how other #traveladdicts do it too 🙂
    Lets just say I love my trips to be super 5* and packed with value at the cost of a 2 star packange deal..

So on average I do like to explore on foot,but have the advantage of having a packed meal done for me. We usually stay 4-5 star and love every moment;.

I would be very much interested in the Wizz Air advantage as I cant resist a bargain. and Flight costs can tot up Living in Europe or not!

One thing

• February 15, 2016 / 4:12 pm

Thanks so much Julie glad to hear that. I am the same but walking and I are getting to know one another and enjoying our company

14. February 15, 2016 / 4:06 pm

My kids and I have been exploring New York City and the surrounding area the past few months. I love traveling, especially with my kids. The experience is so wonderful!

• February 15, 2016 / 4:10 pm

The experience is wonderful when traveling

15. February 15, 2016 / 1:11 pm

I’m envious! Used to travel a lot to before I had my daughter. But it isn’t easy now, especially since we have to do it over term-breaks/summer holiday which can be very expensive. Having said that, we do still manage to travel. You’re so right about trying to find the best deal, that’s what we try to do too 🙂 x

• February 15, 2016 / 1:13 pm

Awww bless I bet breaks are so expensive and try traveling to location not common for tourist it’s always cheapest that way

16. February 15, 2016 / 10:05 am

That prematial palace is stunning! When we have moved house I think we will be getting that discount to with whizz air, it’s so good!

• February 15, 2016 / 10:57 am

It is awesome and hope you move soon so you guys can start traveling too

17. February 15, 2016 / 9:39 am

This is such an amazing challenge, you’ll see some amazing places that you might not have considered visiting before. Me and my husband are (very slowly) visiting every capital city in Europe … being a fair distance from airports with budget airlines it’s taking a bit of time as travel in the UK and sometimes staying overnight at airport hotels is adding to the cost, but I love planning our trips.

• February 15, 2016 / 9:40 am

I too enjoy planning my trips and instead of staying at hotel consider overnight bus or staying at the airport

18. February 15, 2016 / 9:02 am

I love to travel and found it so much easier before we added kids in the mix. We, like you, used the budget airlines and once managed to get a return flight to Norway for £6. If you keep your eye out for sales and are prepared to stay in hostels then your money can be used to explore. I’m impressed you squeezed so much into one weekend! I love the idea of #take12trips – good luck for the rest!

• February 15, 2016 / 9:04 am

Thanks Laura, I am always on the hunt for good deals

19. February 15, 2016 / 7:45 am

Yay you answered my question thanks for clearing that up. How much would you roughly spend on a hotel and what do you bring with you?

• February 15, 2016 / 8:39 am

I spend around 25-40 euros per night and I bring all necessities that I can carry on the plane with the restrictions

20. February 15, 2016 / 7:23 am

I love your travel posts! I’ve always wanted to visit Vienna and think I’m long overdue a holiday.

• February 15, 2016 / 8:16 am

Thanks luv, you should go when opportunity rings

21. February 15, 2016 / 7:06 am

You’ve got some great deals on your air tickets there. I hope you get to continue your travels in 2016.

• February 15, 2016 / 7:16 am