It’s a Dog’s Life

It’s a dog’s life is brought to you in conjunction with Panasonic

its a dogs life

When I was a kid we had a family dog, my brother and I asked for one when we were kids and at first my parents refused but then a few months later our neighbor down the road was selling puppies and my parents finally agreed for us to have one. We called our dog tiger and boy did we love that dog, we fed him and honestly treated him almost like human. From the time he was little until he’s sad passing we used to hide him in our bedroom’s until my parents decided to build him he’s own house outside.

Its a dogs life

#MyVIP

You see, back home in Zambia dogs are for protection so they are not necessarily seen as pets but we kept tiger as both. What I mean by protection is firstly they sleep outside the home and always let you know when there is an intruder in the yard and they will chase him or them away. Our dog tiger was so clever, if there was an intruder he would first bark by my parents window then run to the other side of the house to my window bark there then start chasing the intruder until we woke up. This was really handy for us as our dog really protected us and our home and for him he’s job was 24/7. What I meant by “not necessary seen as pets” is that here in the UK I have seen people treat dogs better than their fellow humans and though I love dogs a human is a human. When tiger passed as a family we felt like we had lost a family member, actually he was a family member and it was hard. After that we refused to get another dog, our neighbors dog must have known how much we loved him (tiger) and since they were brother’s the neighbors dog used to come over to play and eventually started to protect our home more than he’s owners (so sweet, for us ofcourse).

Here in England my brother and he’s family have dogs (2) and they love those dogs big time, they act as my nephew’s older siblings. They protect the home, they play with my nephew and now and again they do get a day off protecting the home because of the security system my brother and he’s wife have for their home.

Panasonic in conjunction with Dave a mastiff dog, wants you to join the competition and upload a photo or video of you and your ‘Very Important Pet’ VIP, sharing the love using the hashtag #MyVIP for a chance to win a two-night stay in a luxury hotel and other great prizes worth up to £2,000

Do you have any pets? Are you a dog lover?

If you can’t see the video please click HERE.

Content not available.
Please allow cookies by clicking Accept on the banner

The video is called ‘It’s a Dog’s Life’ and stars Dave, a mastiff who has been given the day off from guarding his home from intruders as his owners have installed a Panasonic Smart Home System, an innovative networking system that monitors and secures the home in minutes!

1. March 10, 2016 / 11:40 pm

we have a month old she’s a complete nightmare eats everything and I mean everything once my dyson so it no longer worked and only a few days ago my £480 camera she pulled off the kitchen side and chewed it all so now it no longer works but we love her
    Emma White recently posted…I Have Inherited Some Money But I Still Want To Claim BenefitsMy Profile

• March 11, 2016 / 5:36 am

Awww bless so sorry to hear that

2. March 9, 2016 / 9:49 pm

Ah, sounds like Tiger was a really special dog – it’s amazing how much pets do become part of the family, isn’t it? I hope you haven’t been put off future pets. Our cat recently passed away and it’s been really difficult. We miss him so much. Might take us a while to be in the right place to accept a new pet into our lives but I’m sure we will again!
    Little Pickle’s Mom recently posted…NCT Essentials Antenatal Class – Week ThreeMy Profile

• March 9, 2016 / 10:03 pm

I don’t think I have been put off but I do find it hard to think of having another one. Maybe one day

3. March 9, 2016 / 12:51 pm

I’ve always wanted a dog but unfortunately we’ve never been able to have one. My rabbit is like a family member, though, so I totally relate to that.

• March 9, 2016 / 12:52 pm

Awww I wish I could keep rabbits or something

• March 9, 2016 / 9:25 am

That’s nice

4. March 9, 2016 / 6:34 am

We had a family dog when I was a kid. It would have made a terrible guard dog. It whined, never barked, and rolled over if someone approached. A fun pet but no match for Tiger!
    Grant R recently posted…Can you guess the movies? Round 2My Profile

• March 9, 2016 / 7:22 am

Hahahaha lol sounds like my kind of dog but back home we needed a tiger lol

• March 8, 2016 / 8:27 pm

Awww cute

• March 8, 2016 / 8:02 pm

Yes they are and I too want to have one once I am married

5. March 8, 2016 / 6:50 pm

My dog is completely useless and would either expect treats from a burglar or run away from them! That’s what you get from a beagle!

• March 8, 2016 / 6:56 pm

Hahahaha lol my kind of dog no fuss

• March 8, 2016 / 5:28 pm

Hahahaha true

• March 8, 2016 / 1:31 pm

Awesome and good luck

• March 8, 2016 / 12:31 pm

That’s nice and thanks

6. March 8, 2016 / 10:45 am

It’s easy to forget how pets can play such an important part in people’s life! I grew up with our cat. She was the family’s baby. A very unusual loving cat. She passed away two years ago after 28 years with our family and as silly as this might sound I cried at work for the whole day when my sister told me so I totally get what you mean about your doggie.

• March 8, 2016 / 12:30 pm

Thanks Gaby, he was part of our family and can’t bring myself to replacing him

• March 8, 2016 / 7:03 am

Awww bless, I love dogs and wish I would have one but living alone in an apart and hardly ever home is not a good life for a dog