30 Countries Before 30: 2 down 3 to go

2 down 3 to go, I can’t quite believe it as 5 weeks ago this seemed impossible.!!

Today June 7th is exactly one month before my 30th birthday with 2 {countries} down and 3 to go. When I embarked on this journey to ensure I visit 30 countries before thirty, I wasn’t sure I could do it. An opportunity and a great mindset help me define how I would accomplish this goal. No one was forcing me to travel and I stopped making excuses as to why I couldn’t.

2 down 3 to go
I am not rich by any means nor do I claim to have an endless supply of dosh, it’s all about priorities. Someone with kids, their priority is to their children and family as a whole. Those in debt, that could be their  priority and as someone whose experienced debt I know the struggle is real. I realised if all I did was pay off my debt I would never travel because by the time I did something new would have taken precedence. Though I have managed to pay off my debt I am sure is more debt making its way to me. You know the usual; house, car and grad school so I wanna travel now before that restricts me.

Bucketlist: 2 down 3 to go

When I initially shared 30 Countries Before 30: where I have been thus far I didn’t think much about it. Then it dawned on me that this is one goal I wanted to achieve no matter what. Not sure what the remainder of 2017 looks like but the next 4 weeks will be intense and I am excited.

As I type this I am pool side enjoying a night drink before bed in Bali. I had a 10 hour layover in Doha Qatar where I chose to explore the city. It’s always awesome when you can explore than stay stuck at the airport. Though it was a layover and not an overnight stay I am still counting it as a visit. Because not only did I explore the land and get a feel or it, I did what I would have done had I stayed the night.

Related: Five Things to know before visiting Qatar, Best Things to do in Doha.

Obviously you already know I the second destination is Bali in Indonesia. The plan was to come to Bali and have a pre-30th celebration due to working on my actual birthday. As luck would have it I managed to take that off and have another trip booked for that time. Still I am super glad I came to Bali and will be sharing more next week. There are so many aspects I liked about this trip and some which I absolutely don’t.

I can not wait to share the remainder three countries but for now 2 down 3 to go.

1. June 26, 2017 / 11:07 pm

This is so awesome! You are almost there! Woohoo!

2. June 17, 2017 / 5:34 pm

Congratulations! The travel bug is real and I bet you will continue to travel the globe. I can’t imagine any reason not to jump on the chance for a trip away from home. Happy early Birthday wishes! 🙂

3. Brainy Mama
    June 17, 2017 / 4:37 pm

I’m also planning to create a list of destinations that I want to visit in the coming years. I can’t wait till my baby is old enough to travel with me!

4. Alayna
    June 16, 2017 / 8:42 pm

Gorgeous photos! I myself have only been to four countries, so I have a long way to go!

5. Becca Talbot
    June 16, 2017 / 6:26 pm

Yay! It’s getting so close to our birthdays, and we’re doing the same challenge! I’m ticking off my final 2 next week (Germany and Hungary), ahead of my birthday on July 8th! Good luck hun x

• June 30, 2017 / 5:50 am

I am so glad for you, just read your recent post of your accomplishing this huge goal with so many days to spare. Very inspirational.

6. David Elliott
    June 16, 2017 / 6:02 pm

Sounds like an amazing goal to go to all of those different countries. I know that I would love it. I still hope to make a few more countries in the next few years. I believe travel is such an amazing experience.

7. June 16, 2017 / 5:57 pm

That is such a fun goal to have! Bali is high on my bucket list, it is breathtaking.

8. June 16, 2017 / 4:04 pm

First of all, this is a pretty neat goal! Second of all, I’m so excited for you that you’ve almost achieved it! Third of all…you’ve now inspired ME to do something similar! How FUN!

• June 30, 2017 / 5:51 am

Awww Kristen, I am super glad to hear that. Have fun once you set your own challenge

9. Nicole Caudle
    June 16, 2017 / 1:11 pm

This sounds like such an amazing experience! I can’t wait to read more about your travels!

10. Angela
    June 16, 2017 / 5:44 am

Wow. What a goal!!! Rock on. What’s your favorite place so far???

11. Claudia Krusch
    June 16, 2017 / 1:38 am

30 Countries Before 30 is a great goal. I wish I would have tried to do that. I have been lucky to be able to do a lot of travelling.

12. Alicia Taylor
    June 15, 2017 / 10:30 pm

Wow! What a goal. I am envious. My husband is also a globe-trotter and had been to 30 countries almost by the time he was 30 – but he was an Air Force brat who joined the Navy.

13. Sondra Barker
    June 15, 2017 / 10:25 pm

I love how you acknowledge that there is debt but don’t let it get you down. To be able to travel and take in so many different cultures is one oppurtunity many wish they had.

14. Tonya Wilhelm
    June 15, 2017 / 4:01 pm

Wow! That’s pretty amazing. I’m not a world traveler and since I take my dog with me, it’s a bit hard to get outside of the US. But, it would be a lot of fun. 🙂

15. Jessica Lynn Martin
    June 15, 2017 / 3:51 pm

I turned 30 on May 23. I can’t fulfill the 30 countries before I turn 30. I would love to travel, but I have 5 kids so I’m not at the point to travel yet. Congratulations on doing this goal! The pictures in this post are beautiful and do make me wish I could travel.

16. June 10, 2017 / 10:16 pm

So exciting that you are getting to travel to so many different countries! 🙂

• June 10, 2017 / 10:41 pm

It sure is indeed, I am grateful I could get up to see all these places