{Fashion Monday} Celebrating the last Three Decades

As I type this I am in Bali celebrating the last three decades of my life. Technically I am not 30 yet and won’t be for another few weeks. Because of work commitments I pushed to celebrate the last three decades of my life a little bit a early. I have mentioned previously on the blog how the thought of  entering the third decade wasn’t a welcome one. It was like an admission that I am definitely getting older, which is true but not a bad thing.

Celebrating Three Decades

Prior to your 20th birthday everyone in your eyes is quite old, by 25 the 20s are not bad. When you’re about to hit the third decade you can either embrace it or beat yourself about it. Either way it’s gonna happen whether you like it or not.

I had known early on that I wanted to celebrate the third decade abroad and not in my home. I had a choice between Bali and Hawaii but felt Bali was more on my budget than Hawaii and Bali it was. Getting here was an adventure in its own right, transitting via Doha and experiencing Qatar was epic. I can honestly say I feel the 30s are the best to come on this my adventure.

For many people {myself included} getting old has always can be a frightful thing to experience. No one wants to be closer to their death bed {provided something doesn’t kill you first}. We all want to live long and healthy lives but how long is long? I grew up in an environment of where life expectancy was between 35-40, a scary prospect. Though I rarely saw people die before or during the declared life expectancy it never stopped scarying people. But such is life, when I think about all the things I wanted to have in my life and what I have accomplished it’s astonishing to me. I do not claim to be perfect or be in the know how but I grateful and aware of my many gifts in this life.

1. June 20, 2017 / 11:04 pm

happy birthday! Bali is a sexy place to be to bring in a big birthday. looks like you had a fantastic time. cheers to your next 30!

2. lexhan
    June 20, 2017 / 4:46 pm

happy 10 by three here, living three decades is awesome, i have live two decades and 9 years on earth and i feel i need more years ahead for me, and here is to wishing for more years. congrats and more life.

3. June 20, 2017 / 10:36 am

Happy 30th birthday and wishes for many more travel adventures. As we age, we come to realize that our attitude can make a huge difference and help us enjoy the years with continued vigor!

4. David Elliott
    June 20, 2017 / 5:38 am

Happy Thirtieth to you. It looks amazing out there in Bali. It’s on my list of places I want to visit.

5. Nancy
    June 19, 2017 / 11:04 pm

Lucky lady! I´d love to join you in Bali 🙂 And those shorts are so cool. Enjoy your holiday becaue age is really just a number. (Said the lady who has been 30 for quite a while) Life truely begins hen you decide…The 40´s thing is s myth haha!

6. June 19, 2017 / 7:57 pm

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday! Ahh.. to be 30 again! 😀

7. Amanda Love
    June 19, 2017 / 12:58 pm

Advance happy birthday and it’s so nice that you got to celebrate in such a lovely place. By 30 you have learned a lot of life lessons and you know what you want out of your life!

8. Simply Tori
    June 19, 2017 / 5:49 am

Happy Dirty Thirty! What a way to start off your thirties. Have fun!

9. Sondra Barker
    June 19, 2017 / 4:41 am

Bali or Hawaii, those are some great choices, I think you would of had a great time in Hawaii as well. Enjoy just living in the moments.

10. Pooja Mumsandbabies
    June 19, 2017 / 2:56 am

Happy Birthday and enjoy your time holidaying and build the gorgeous memories.

11. Jessica Lynn Martin
    June 19, 2017 / 2:15 am

Happy Birthday! I hope you have enjoyed your birthday! I turned 30 on May 23. I hear you on celebrating 3 decades. I celebrated my birthday by having a baby. You are celebrating yours pretty amazingly by being in Bali! It looks beautiful!

12. fashion-mommy
    June 18, 2017 / 11:22 pm

Happy birthday, I hope you are enjoying Bali, now you have to plan the next 20 years of adventures.

13. Olujorby Chemqueen
    June 18, 2017 / 10:59 pm

Life starts at 30! You are looking younger. What a great way to celebrate your 30th birthday.

14. June 18, 2017 / 8:03 pm

You are one lucky lady for being able to celebrate your Birthday at such a wonderful place. Happy Birthday and more adventures to come!

15. Tonya Wilhelm
    June 18, 2017 / 7:43 pm

Happy birthday. Live everyday to the fullest, that’s all you can do!

16. Ashvin Nankoo
    June 18, 2017 / 7:34 pm

Happy Birthday! I would love to visit Bali soon! That water looks so inviting!

17. Maro Akamatra
    June 18, 2017 / 7:06 pm

You are a lucky girl to be able to spend your birthday there! Happy Birthday!!!!

18. June 18, 2017 / 3:59 pm

What a great way to celebrate your birthday! I didn’t really feel any different when I turned 30. Age is just a number, right.

19. June 18, 2017 / 3:12 pm

Life starts at 30 😉 how awesome you got to see in your 30th in Bali that is absolutely amazing!