Back to school items your forgot about

Back to school is less than two weeks away for kids in the UK and other parts in mainland Europe. Many parents have been frantically buying items that their kids will need for school. But have you forgotten anything else that should be added to the back to school shopping list?

You have always thought of the essential items to buy for your kids:

• School uniform
  • Stationery
  • Shoes
  • Winter coats
  • Books

But what about the following items? I am sure depending on your location your kids will still need these items.

Back to school items you forgot about

Rain coats – for British parents I am sure this item has not escaped you at all. Instead of just buying a winter coat you’ve ensure it’s one that can play as raincoat too. If not, well you have just about two weeks to hunt for the raincoat.

Gloves – again for many parents in the northern hemisphere this is already on your list. Winter is coming as soon as school starts so ensure you have the warm gloves for your kids.

Swimwear – I know I am contradicting myself, winter is coming but I mention swimwear. Many parents know there kids still have indoor swim classes during winter. Make sure you pick up a couple swimsuits for your kids to use throughout the school term.

Wellies – in the UK it’s a well known tradition to always have wellies at home. It’s not just for farmers but it’s for everyone and your kids will need them if you want the school shoes to last. In the UK is rains more than any other place I have lived in so wellies are a must.

I am sure there are other items I could add but I have a strong belief parents have it already. Back to school is almost here and whilst some kids and parents don’t want it yet others want it. I hope this list of items was helpful and good luck with your back to school shopping and preparation.

1. August 25, 2017 / 9:22 pm

Rain coats are one of my mauts-haves when buying back-to-school items for my kids because the rainy season starts as soon as school starts.

2. August 24, 2017 / 1:47 am

I can’t believe it’s Back To School already! This summer flew by, and here in Canada it didn’t even get warm!! We’re heading to Hawaii in a few days, so it still feels like summer for us! 🙂

3. David Elliott
    August 23, 2017 / 4:01 am

I gotta think about the things I need for my daughters back to school coming soon. Thanks for the great ideas.

4. August 22, 2017 / 11:42 pm

Great list! I still need to buy a pair of rain boots. Hopefully I’ll find the time this weekend.

5. August 22, 2017 / 11:05 pm

Haha yes wellies are a must and a cute swimming cozzy is ideal for kids whose schools do swimming classes!

6. August 21, 2017 / 8:48 pm

It is one of those times when you are bound to forget something ready for the back to school term, always good to have some reminders.

7. August 21, 2017 / 6:52 pm

I never thought of rain boots. Makes me think I need to get my son snow boots for school as well.

8. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com
    August 21, 2017 / 2:07 pm

Rain boots are something I still have to pick up, I did completely forget about them. The Fall here is lots of rain!

9. Jocelyn Marie
    August 21, 2017 / 12:30 am

I love the term wellies. 🙂 I don’t have any kids, but I’m mentally preparing myself for the fall/ winter.

10. A GEEK DADDY
    August 20, 2017 / 11:58 pm

My kids don’t have school uniforms but wish they did. Would make getting them dressed for school so much easier and less expensive.

11. Deborah
    August 20, 2017 / 11:50 pm

Unfortunately i’m not a mommy yet but i’m sure my sister will benefit from this post! 🙂
    Thanks for sharing!

12. August 20, 2017 / 11:39 pm

Yes, there are a few things I forgot about. My kids get to go swimming so I need swimsuit for them for this year.

13. August 20, 2017 / 11:29 pm

I love this list! It’s easy to forget all those things that we don’t typically associate with back to school!

14. dickvincedorry
    August 20, 2017 / 11:24 pm

makiing list of what to buy is truly of help

15. Dina
    August 20, 2017 / 9:10 pm

Oh yes wellies are always needed! What a cute name for them though. Great list.

16. August 20, 2017 / 5:02 pm

Buying back to school items is quite the challenge especially considering how busy people are during those days. It’s really best if you have a list of all the things you need to buy to avoid forgetting something. Thanks for sharing these tips! ^^

17. August 20, 2017 / 3:03 pm

This time of year always makes me sooooo happy THAT I AM NO LONGER IN SCHOOL – hahahaha! Honestly, it gives me the heeby-jeebies just thinking about it!

18. Stephany Bissonette
    August 19, 2017 / 9:49 pm

I planned well for everything but forgot raincoats. How do I forget raincoats when it’s monsoon season here in Arizona? Great list, thanks!

19. Candy Kage
    August 19, 2017 / 11:29 am

Wish more parents bought wellies for their kids around here where we live. Sure would save shoes.