{Fashion Monday} Styling off-Shoulder Ruffled Bell Tops

Off-shoulder ruffled bell tops have been on trend throughout summer and don’t seem to be going away. I have joined the party late but as they say, better late than never besides I am fashionably late. For the longest time I loved how off shoulder ruffled bell tops looked ok other people. I didn’t personally think they would look good on me especially with my cleavage. Little did I know that I just need to find a style that would suit my frame and match my personality.

Off-shoulder ruffled bell top

Off-shoulder ruffled bell top

Off-shoulder ruffled bell top

Off-shoulder ruffled bell topOff-shoulder ruffled bell top

How I styled an off-shoulder ruffled bell top

As I mentioned already, I avoided off shoulder ruffled bell tops like a plague. One day last week I did a mini shop with my sister and we stumbled upon this top. I knew the colour, the design and it’s simplistic nature spoke to me and I bought it. It’s the first off shoulder ruffled bell top that I haven’t managed to talk myself out of buying.

When I got home after the mini shop I knew exactly how I was going to style this top. The first idea involved pairing it with black shorts which I wore to my date. My date appreciated the overall outfit he couldn’t keep his eyes off me though wasn’t the aim I was pleased.

I knew I was going to be traveling to Paris so I decided to pair the top with skinny jeans. Y’all know I am a sucker for skinny jeans as they are a staple in my closet and an essential all year round.

To finish off the look I paired this top with a strapless bra (a rarity for me) and sparkly canvas. I feel this outfit worked for me because all the pieces complimented each other. It’s a relaxed look you can wear to ran errands or wear on a date and will still look stylish.

Outfit details

Top – Primark, on sale for £5

Ripped boyfriend jeans – New Look, £17.99

Canvas – H&M, £7.99

Strapless Bra – Amazon £17.99

1. August 24, 2017 / 3:54 pm

Yes honey, you are totally rocking this striped off the shoulder top.

2. Laura Dove
    August 23, 2017 / 9:14 pm

I love this top! I love off the shoulder tops, they look lovely either smart or casual!

3. Kristine Nicole Alessandra VA
    August 22, 2017 / 10:32 pm

I like your off shoulder top. Nice color and you paired it perfectly with jeans and glittery shoes. That and floral prints are the trend nowadays and they both make women feel so feminine.

4. August 22, 2017 / 6:16 pm

I love all you have on. The top is stylish and the jeans looks lovely. Great outfit.

5. Shannon Graham
    August 22, 2017 / 5:53 pm

I love those jeans on you. They are perfectly shaped for you!

6. chubskulit
    August 22, 2017 / 1:52 pm

That’s my daughter current obsession! I haven’t join the hype but I love that one you are wearing.

7. Jaime Nicole
    August 22, 2017 / 12:04 pm

I just love the off the shoulder trend! And the ruffles on this one add such a feminine touch – love it!

8. August 22, 2017 / 8:45 am

I have really broad shoulders and this is what has put me off buying off the shoulder tops. This design looks great on you x

9. Vyjay Rao
    August 22, 2017 / 5:56 am

The off shoulder ruffled bell top looks classic and combines well with faded and torn blue jeans. An elegant and contemporary look.

10. August 22, 2017 / 3:09 am

Off the shoulder is such a huge trend right now. I need to try something on to see if I can pull it off.

11. Claudia Krusch
    August 22, 2017 / 2:09 am

I am loving this outfit on you. The top is great for summer. I need to get a pair of these Ripped boyfriend jeans for Fall.

12. August 22, 2017 / 12:38 am

I really like this style and it should be doable well into the fall! It worked well with the jeans you chose!

13. August 21, 2017 / 11:25 pm

Aw well I am a sucker for an off the shoulder top and you look gorgeous. I love the colour xx

14. Pam
    August 21, 2017 / 10:24 pm

I haven’t bought one of those strapless tops yet, although I love the trend on other people. The way you styled it here is cute and classy!

15. Rachel Akers
    August 21, 2017 / 10:21 pm

Such a cute top. I love the look with the distress jeans.

16. August 21, 2017 / 7:47 pm

I am loving that top the bell sleeve trend at the moment is just fab, and this seems to capture that perfectly.

17. August 21, 2017 / 6:24 pm

I love this top. It looks really nice on you, and pairing it with these jeans and shoes was a great choice.

18. Anita
    August 21, 2017 / 5:40 pm

That looks so cute. I thought about getting one once before but didn’t think it would look cute on me. That fits you!

19. August 21, 2017 / 4:58 pm

That’s really cute! I have worn one of those type of tops in a long time and it looks really nice on you:)

20. Christy Maurer
    August 21, 2017 / 4:09 pm

I am like you! I feel like it wouldn’t look right on me. I may have to try it though. It looks really cute!

21. August 21, 2017 / 2:58 pm

Like you I was also late to the trend but I’m making the most of it. The nice thing is I will rock is clean into the fall season.

22. Tracy Morgan
    August 21, 2017 / 2:06 pm

Love the outfit, very pretty! The skinny jeans look great on you so I can understand why you like them!

23. paulaschuck
    August 21, 2017 / 1:53 pm

This is really pretty. I am seeing these everywhere and I really like the look of off shoulder. My one girl can carry this off beautifully in my opinion. I used to be able to and now not so sure. I will look for one for her actually.

24. Helen Jacob-Lloyd
    August 21, 2017 / 1:51 pm

I like the combination of a more formal, smart top and ripped jeans 🙂

25. Candy Kage
    August 21, 2017 / 1:44 pm

Love the stripes and the color. The bell sleeves are fun and could wear this off the shoulder or on shoulder would look great.

26. Robin Rue
    August 21, 2017 / 12:55 pm

I love the off the shoulder look! I think it’s a great look on you! SUper cute shirt.

• August 21, 2017 / 6:20 pm

Thanks Robin

27. Alli Smith
    August 21, 2017 / 12:34 pm

I love your top and your entire outfit – those shoes are amazing! I have several off shoulder dresses and tops. At first, I thought they’d be uncomfortable but I actually love wearing them, even with the dreaded strapless bra. 🙂

• August 21, 2017 / 6:20 pm

Thanks Alli, I too thought I would be uncomfortable but it’s lovely being to able to find some that I love.