The Travel Name Game

Two years again I set myself a travel challenge to travel to 30 countries before I turned 30. I am happy to report I managed to accomplish that goal but now I am like what’s next? My lovely work colleagues decided to gift me the lonely planet‘s ultimate travel list, 500 places to explore. I thought it was very thoughtful of them because many know once you complete a challenge you start looking for another. I was am at that stage of now wanting another travel challenge to do. When sharing the news of completing the 30 Before Thirty I mentioned I might re-do #Take12Trips travel challenge. But then I thought nah, I can do that anytime I please. I needed something exciting to do, I needed travel inspiration, queue up the Travel Name Game.

So what is the Travel Name Game?

Well I am glad you asked, ok I know you did but let’s pretend you did. It is a campaign started by Flight Centre after scanning their database for the most popular cities frequently visited by British travelers. They did not stop there, no they searched what names visited what cities. The first time I heard of this campaign I was totally blown away and wanted in. I quickly checked which places are most frequently visited by Miranda’s and the result New York.

Since I have been to New York and recently Boo & I where discussing visiting together I was elated. It surely is fate that this one place I want to re-visit so bad is listed as #1 for Miranda’s.

How it works

Though I have basically explained the gist of this campaign, I thought I also show you.

{1} Step 1 – Get over to Flight Centre webpage by clicking HERE. You will be presented with the screen below where you can type in your name and submit.

{2} Step 2 – The results are presented with the most frequently visited place by people with your name. As I mentioned for me Miranda produced New York and so did my middle name {Anosa}.

The beauty is that it also shows you which airport your namesakes are most likely to fly from. For Miranda it gave Edinburgh which is too far for me but Anosa it out Heathrow which is perfect. Another feature I liked is that you have an option to share this on your social media so your friends can try too.

Travel Name Game

The search results lists three {3} most popular places namesakes have traveled to. Though for me I have always had Australia and New Zealand on my bucketlist I hadn’t specified which areas. It was good to get an idea of where the namesakes are frequenting and honestly I found it fun.

If you’re curious about which places your namesakes have visited then give this a go. Even if you’re not curious but are looking for inspiration of places to travel to that you haven’t yet. I know for sure that I will be using this again not because it’s fun but because I need ideas. ‘I am a traveler searching for more places to explore outside my back garden – Miranda’.

So will you be giving the Travel Name Game a go? Let me know which cities it brings up for you in the comments.

1. August 28, 2017 / 5:01 pm

Got Tel Aviv for first name and Sidney for the surname. But the second third choices were more like me. Italy 🙂

2. Catvills
    August 28, 2017 / 7:36 am

I clicked on the link to get to the website and tried the travel game. I got Brisbane as my top destination, then Perth, and then Auckland. I guess I am destined to travel to the Land of Oz and the Land Down Under.

3. chubskulit
    August 27, 2017 / 3:36 am

I will have to try this travel game. My goal is to travel the 50 states before I turned 50 but I am not sure if I will be able to do it.

4. reddel
    August 26, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Very interesting travel game. I haven’t heard of it before and I’m going to go check it out. Thanks!

5. Vyjay Rao
    August 26, 2017 / 5:34 pm

The name game sounds quite interesting. Being a traveler it is really fascinating to know about probably what destination you are likely to visit. Will be checking this out.

6. August 26, 2017 / 4:04 pm

Oh my god its like a mind reader! So I typed in my first name and the first result is Lisbon (considering I am Portuguese that is pretty cool) the second is Funchal in Madeira (the island where my parents are from) and the third is New York! x

• August 26, 2017 / 4:13 pm

Oh wow, how cool is that!! It’s definitely mind reading you love

7. Ruth I.
    August 26, 2017 / 2:03 pm

It’s so exciting! I’v e tried it and we have the same result. The first for me is Sydney, then New York and Auckland.

• August 26, 2017 / 4:13 pm

Awesome, it’s so much fun

8. Claudia Krusch
    August 26, 2017 / 3:23 am

I would love to set a goal like 30 places before 30. I love to travel. I will have to check this out.

9. August 26, 2017 / 3:11 am

Wow how awesome you achieved your 30 country goal! This is a pretty neat database, I must say!

10. August 26, 2017 / 12:24 am

What a super fun way to discover new travel destinations. Love it!

11. Tomi_C
    August 25, 2017 / 11:20 pm

I got Paris, Cologne and Istanbul. I’ve yet to visit any of these. I’ll have to share this with my husband and hopefully we can visit one or two.

12. August 25, 2017 / 8:36 pm

Ok so I cheated and tried it twice. When I tried my first name I got the same answers as you. When I tried my middle name I got Nice, Cape Town and Johannesburg.

13. Jacqui Odell
    August 25, 2017 / 7:56 pm

This sounds fun! I love to travel, so I am curious to what it will say about me.

14. August 25, 2017 / 6:56 pm

This sounds so interesting, I’m totally going to head over and give my name a try with flight centre, I wonder what it will bring up.

15. Doria Miyata Murphy
    August 25, 2017 / 4:47 pm

That’s so interesting! We are frequent travelers and love the concept of a challenge like this. Good for you!

16. Alli Smith
    August 25, 2017 / 2:37 pm

I need to go to Flight Centre to enter my info and find out the places I need to visit. It’s so cool! I’m still impressed that you met your 30 before 30 goals!

17. Jeanette
    August 25, 2017 / 2:32 pm

This is quite an interesting concept. I love to travel and I admire you for being able to get to 30 countries before you turn 30! I honestly wish I could. One of my dreams places to go to is Australia and New Zealand and I’m hoping at some point I can get there.

• August 25, 2017 / 3:55 pm

Thank you so much, I am elated to have completed the challenge and love this Travel name game. It’s a fun game.

I also hope one day you will make it to Australia and New Zealand.

18. August 25, 2017 / 2:24 pm

I think that’s amazing that you have traveled to 30 countries before 30! GO YOU! That’s wonderful. Now I have not heard of this travel game before but it sounds intriguing.

19. Candy Kage
    August 25, 2017 / 1:32 pm

I haven’t heard of this name travel game but sounds fun. Will have to show my son they do tons of traveling and would probably enjoy playing.