Autumn Quirky date night ideas

Autumn is around the corner which means many people will start to prepare for hibernation. That shouldn’t be the case, yes the weather is becoming much cooler than usual but use it as an excuse. I am someone how loves quirky date nights and excited to share these ideas.

When it comes to planning date nights many think it has to be ‘dinning out’ and over time it becomes tiring. It is no longer fun nor innovative plus setting aside time to spend as a couple can be tricky given with hectic schedules. You want your dates nights to be as enjoyable as possible and sometimes you need to think outside the box

quirky date night ideas

Image source

Of course, there is still a place for your classic dates like going out for meals, cosy nights in and trips to the cinema. However, variety is the spice of life, so pepper in some of these quirky date ideas, courtesy of womenswear designer Ralph Lauren.

Content not available.
Please allow cookies by clicking Accept on the banner

Go bowling

It may seem a little like a teenage date suggestion, but bowling makes for a really fun date. Not only will you be able to unleash your competitive side, bowling alleys are quickly turning into some of the hippest venues.

Take Lane7 in Newcastle for example. The super-sleek venue has a stylish cocktail bar, and in-house eatery serving up everything from ribs to wings, burgers and more. With ping-pong, pool and karaoke, as well as ten-pin bowling, multi-activity venues like Lane7 are available up and down the country and make the ideal date night.

Play some board games

Not every date night needs to see you spending a fortune. Some of the best memories can be created at home, simply enjoying each other’s company. If you don’t want to sit in front of the TV all night, why not dig out some board games? They’re a great way to go back to basics and spend some time together the old-fashioned way, without gadgets or technology interfering!

Visit a comedy club

If you both love to laugh, a comedy club is the perfect venue for your next date. There are venues across the UK that regularly feature a number of local performers, including some better-known comedians who you may just have heard of before.

Crack the code at an escape room

Escape rooms have grown in popularity in recent months, popping up in all of the major UK cities. Essentially, you’ll be locked in a room and have to solve a series of puzzles if you are to make it out in time. You and your partner will have to work together if you are to succeed — perfect for testing the strength of your relationship!

quirky date night ideas

Attend a class

Not all dates need to be one-offs — how about signing up to an evening class? This is a great idea if you both have a shared interest, such as cooking or learning a new language, as you’ll be able to accomplish a shared goal while having fun and spending some quality time together. It’s always less daunting to start something new with someone else, so this could be your chance to achieve what you’ve always wanted to do.

Try a new dining experience

Dining out doesn’t have to become a mundane experience. Rather, it can be quite the opposite. Instead of heading to your old favourite restaurants week after week, step out of your comfort zone and try a new cuisine, or choose an experiential dining experience.

Dinner in the Sky is one phenomenon sweeping the country, where guests are invited to dine 100 feet above the ground around a specially constructed suspended table. It’s one to avoid if you’re afraid of heights, although it will certainly provide an unforgettable date night.

If that’s too much for you, why not simply change your cuisine of choice? Book a table at the new restaurant that has just opened — you’ll never know unless you try it!

*Collaborative

1. October 1, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Great idea’s here! Board games is my favourite x

2. REBECCA SMITH - Glutarama (Glu
    September 12, 2017 / 10:54 pm

These are some really super ideas here, I for one would easily slip into hibernation mode but cracking a code and attending a class sounds perfect for us!

• September 13, 2017 / 7:48 am

Hahahaha I am the same, hibernation is so much easier than tagging yourself out of the house but once you do its easy and fun

3. September 12, 2017 / 9:08 am

I love the idea of attending a class. Board games is one of our favourite date night ideas. It’s so cosy!

• September 12, 2017 / 7:34 pm

I agree date nights are cosy for sure.

4. September 12, 2017 / 7:53 am

I have always wanted to try out a cooking class with my partner since we both are not good at it! Better start enrolling to some classes soon!

5. Stephanie
    September 11, 2017 / 9:53 am

I love bowling! Great fun and the comedy club is a good one too

6. September 10, 2017 / 2:36 pm

Always looking for new date night ideas. Havent been bowling in forever but irs loads of fun, would love to go soon with my partner x

• September 12, 2017 / 7:37 pm

Same here i always have fun even though I am bad at it

7. David Jack Taylor
    September 9, 2017 / 9:07 pm

Some great ideas here. I love a trip to a good comedy club, and yes, I’m definitely ready for hibernation season!

8. Attachment Mummy
    September 8, 2017 / 12:04 pm

Great ideas. I used to love going to the Comedy Club in London, not been for ages.

• September 9, 2017 / 8:17 am

How nice, I would love to attend a comedy club one day

9. Baby Isabella
    September 8, 2017 / 11:19 am

We’re ready for hibernation!! However the bowling sounds like a great date night 🙂

• September 9, 2017 / 8:18 am

Hahaha you and me both, hibernation is easy with the British weather lol

10. Kara
    September 8, 2017 / 9:54 am

We have just had an escape room open locally so must find a babysitter and try it for ourselves

11. Ola Broom
    September 8, 2017 / 3:40 am

These are all awesome ideas! I’ve never heard of an escape room. SSoinds so interesting!

12. September 8, 2017 / 12:37 am

When we were dating, my now husband’s and I first outing was at a
    bowling alley. 🙂 I actually am trying to attend a cooking class now as a
    date night. Love these ideas!

13. LC @ A Life of Authenticity
    September 8, 2017 / 12:05 am

Such great tips for more “indoor” date night activities now that autumn is coming. At least in the US, it is still warm enough to do some of the outdoorsy things especially as the leaves begin to fall. Thanks for sharing.

14. September 7, 2017 / 9:41 pm

These are some lovely ideas, I don’t think I’ve ever gone bowling with my boyfriend. I like the idea of an escape room or a comedy club as well though.

15. Mel B
    September 7, 2017 / 8:52 pm

What lovely ideas, I am married but I might get my husband to take me on a date night. I really love those red heels that are so pretty. Btw I haven’t bowled in years I think I might go soon too on a date

16. Holly H
    September 7, 2017 / 4:18 pm

Love these date ideas! Not long after we got married we went on a big date night bowling and it was SO much fun. We felt like teenagers again! And the idea of doing a class together is great too. We definitely need a date night soon!

17. September 7, 2017 / 4:05 pm

Great ideas! We have a new comedy club in my hometown and I have been wanting to give it a shot! I am not very good at bowling so I’ll stick to laughing 🙂

18. September 7, 2017 / 1:26 pm

What great ideas! I would go bowling with my husband, but sometimes he gets so competitive. I’m all, “Relax, dude!” We usually just eat somewhere new if we have the time! It’s always fun to check out up and coming restaurants.

19. Jhilmil Bhansali
    September 7, 2017 / 12:50 pm

Loved all these ideas, especially in the collection, I loved the heels and the bag tons! Super glamorous.

• September 9, 2017 / 7:50 am

Yeah exactly. I too just love the heels, super glamorous and stunning indeed.

20. Karyn Locke
    September 7, 2017 / 12:33 pm

I love your ideas, but honestly I find nothing quirky about them. They’re all fun and make for a perfect date night!

21. September 7, 2017 / 10:44 am

I love comedy clubs! We’ve had so many great nights out as a couple at them

22. Laura Dove
    September 7, 2017 / 9:55 am

Ooh we really want to go to Escape Rooms but haven’t found the time yet! These are great ideas!

23. Anuradha Goyal
    September 7, 2017 / 8:45 am

In my part of the world, we look forward to cooler times ahead – it is respite from the harsh sun the harsh sun that we face most of the year. Enjoy your Autumn!