Bathroom Trends For 2018

Bathroom Trends 2018

Whether you’re moving in to a new property that needs updating or you just want to give your current bathroom a revamp, you might be in need of some design ideas. With a number of different styles in the interior design mix right now, which ones are going to give you that stunning bathroom of your dreams?

Terracotta Tiles

These tiles are a type of ceramic made from brown clay, which is what gives them their iconic colour. Terracotta tiles are experiencing a resurgence in popularity thanks to their warm, rustic look. Synonymous with the Mediterranean, these tiles are perfect if you’re wanting a faraway, dreamy theme. Similarly, Moroccan tiles are also equally as popular at the moment. The traditional Zellige tile offers a wealth of patterns that help to create stunning, detailed aesthetics that carry that exotic look.

Geometric Tiles

Geometric patterns are set to continue their domination of the interiors world this year. Simple, but beautiful, geometric shapes will give a nice touch to a bathroom without the need of much furniture to complete the look. Geometric tiles offer a strong modern and contemporary look and work best when used with different colours to really make the shapes pop. One homeowners favourites right now is the hexagon tile. You can use it on its own, combine it with another geometrical shape or just as a complementary feature to the decoration.

Period Style Bathrooms

This classic design is very much in style right now. The period look bathroom is well suited for country houses, but look lovely as part of any home when done right. This style is often characterised by vintage baths complemented with traditional ceramic tiles. The most recommended tiles for this look include patterned and metro. The typical combination is to have the patterned tile on the floor and the metro tile on the wall. When looking for the pattern tile stick to floral or art nouveau inspired designs. The metro wall tiles offer that vintage glamour thanks to their connotations with the early 1900’s London Underground. This immediately offers you an iconic look that will truly stand the test of time.

Rustic Look

Rustic inspired looks are perfect for channeling that countryside cottage theme. This look is characterised by light colours which you can take advantage of to make your bathroom look and feel larger. A great addition to rustic bathrooms are mat tiles. This finish, unlike the gloss, doesn’t shine. Matt tiles are not only very popular with designers at the moment for modern looks, but are ideal for rustic designs. Their no shine, no fuss look is perfect for that textured, rustic bathroom. You can use it by itself or combine it with natural materials to get a more earthy, rough. The harsher tile look can be offset perfectly with softer furnishings to keep that charming atmosphere.

Metallic style

Good news, metallics are well and truly back. Gold and champagne finishes are emerging and look like they are going to be very popular. It’s important to note with metallic tiles that less is often more. You don’t want to overpower your bathroom with metallics, so keep it simple. If you don’t want to use metallic tiles, look to metallic accessories to achieve this look and work with neutral, plain tiles to create balance.

So there you have it, some of the trends for bathrooms this year, now you only need to choose which is your favourite!

*Collaborative

Pin!

Bathroom Trends for 2018

1. February 5, 2018 / 2:29 am

I love those standalone tubs. I wish I could have it in my home. We redid our sink, vanity and toilet last summer in our main bathroom. I told my husband eventually I want to get rid of the tub and put in a huge walk in shower.

2. Gemille Sleweon
    February 4, 2018 / 4:51 am

I really like the terracotta tiles. I have a whole board on pinterest dedicated to my future bathroom lol.

• February 4, 2018 / 3:46 pm

Lol I had a secret board with my future master bedroom and bathroom ideas

3. Lisa Marie Heath
    February 3, 2018 / 2:57 am

We want to redo our bathroom so badly! I love the look and style of this one! So chic and welcoming

4. Sara Welch
    February 2, 2018 / 10:15 pm

I so bad want a claw foot tub. They are so beautiful and cozy!

5. chubskulit
    February 2, 2018 / 9:13 pm

I wish I have a big bathroom for this kind of tub, it would be nice. I only see this in hotels hehehe

6. Farrah Less Gomez
    February 2, 2018 / 5:15 pm

I love the well decorated and spacious bathroom. Just like the above photos. I like to hangout at the tub after my long day at work. So a relaxing and clean bathroom is a must .

7. Stephanie Parrell
    February 2, 2018 / 3:16 pm

I love my bathtub and I can not wait to build the house of my dream and build a bathroom that is wonderful. I think the bathrooms not just a place where you clean but a place to relax.

• February 2, 2018 / 5:17 pm

I agree, though I only have a shower cubicle right now I do love a good bathroom for relaxing

8. February 2, 2018 / 1:45 pm

I’m not a bathtub type of gal, but there is something about a tub with feet. It makes the bathroom look more tranquil and astetically pleasing. I would get one and not use it.

9. Pam W
    February 2, 2018 / 1:41 am

I like a lot of these bathroom trends. I have always been a fan of terra cotta style tiles.

10. Amanda
    February 1, 2018 / 11:33 pm

I am going to be doing a HUGE master bathroom renovation soon so this post is so helpful for me. I prefer the rustic/modern combo…thanks for the inspiration!

11. February 1, 2018 / 11:23 pm

I like a lot of the newer bathroom trends. I especially love the idea of incorporating metallic trends into the space!! Sounds chic and elegant.

12. February 1, 2018 / 10:25 pm

So glad the rustic look is trending since my bathroom has not been updated since the 70’s LOL it has a naturally rustic appeal. I wish I had a clawfoot tub. I grew up in a home with one and never appreciated it until I was older.

13. February 1, 2018 / 8:40 pm

I love clawfoot tubs. I’m not sure we’re in the market for a bathroom makeover, but our bathroom is pretty stylish. At least it’s not outdated.

14. February 1, 2018 / 7:43 pm

The geometric tile that is popular right now is amazing to me! I want to desperately change out out bathroom tile for some bold geometric ones! I also love a hint of rustic for my home too.

15. Gisele Gamble
    February 1, 2018 / 4:48 pm

I love the look of the Terracotta tiles! I recently remodeled my kitchen, now I need to do the bathroom. The one thing I love about tile is it’s longevity. Once installed properly, it lasts forever.

16. Jeanette
    February 1, 2018 / 2:08 pm

I would love to redo my bathroom. There are so many things I would like to do to it to make it look better. I love some of the ideas in here.

17. February 1, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I really need to re-do ALL the bathrooms. They look so blah and outdated, but we don’t have the funds. At some point I’d like to put in better tile and cabinets.

18. Robin Rue
    February 1, 2018 / 10:28 am

My downstairs bathroom is in desperate need of a makeover. I would love some geometric tiles in there.

19. Candy Kage
    February 1, 2018 / 7:22 am

Anything rustic looking I enjoy. A lot of tile but it really works and looks very nice. Love the free standing tube.