Toulouse – Where to stay ~ Hotel Albert 1er

Are you off to Toulouse and are looking for somewhere; quite, vibrant but pretty central? Well I have just the hotel for you, allow me to introduce Hotel Albert 1er, a three star hotel. It is located right in the heart of Toulouse, only a 100m from Le Capitole with very friendly staff. Did you know that Hotel Albert 1er is the first European certified Eco labelled hotel? I didn’t know either but how cool is that, we all want to do our bit for the planet.

Hotel Albert 1er

Another thing I didn’t know was the fact that the hotel is a family run business, independent and traditional. At the core of the smooth running of the hotel is its incredible staff who are forever helpful. What took me by surprise was the welcome basket we got for each room, totally unexpected but welcomed. Another thing was the beautiful booklet sharing the ‘off the beaten tracks’ guide they have created for their guests. It has all the useful tips, must-see sights, different types of tours available in the city and transport options.

Where to stay in Toulouse ~ Hotel Albert 1er

We had an early start to our day, our flight was 7 in the morning with a 10am arrival in Toulouse. The hotel is approximately 12 miles away from the airport which isn’t too far. There are several transport options one can use; bus, train/train or taxis. We chose bus then due to my parents tiredness I added Taxis so we could arrive quicker.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were amazed at how quite the area was, the entrance is so calm and inviting. What hit me the moment I walked into the hotel was the decor of the hotel, it is so zen. I could feel the tiredness just wash off me, the staff were welcoming and we quickly checked in. Within a few minutes we were up to our rooms; I was in a classic style room. My parents were allocated the comfort room which comes with more features; coffee machine and small Fridge.

Home away from Home

Our program for the day was jam-packed and we wanted to get much done as we possible could. As I wasn’t hungry I ordered room service for my parents who were impressed by the food quality. The food was filling and very delicious, Hotel Albert 1er prides itself in using local produce. After a quick rest and refueling, we went off to met our guide for the day, Elena. I was happy Elena took her time explaining things to my parents and didn’t rush, she was very informative.

Yesterday was such a jam packed day for us, I am always happy to explore new places and Toulouse is an incredible one to visit. After such a busy day, this bed was my home away from home and I had such an incredible night’s sleep. I woke up feeling refreshed but still want to stay longer and enjoy it longer.⠀ ⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ ⠀ @hotelalbert1er is not only beautiful and nicely decorated but is so inviting, I am in love. Thanks @visiteztoulouse for hooking us up. . . . #Travel #travelling #traveller #travelgram #travels #instatravel #traveldiaries #travelblogger #travelblog #traveladdict #igtravel #neverstopexploring #wanderlust #liveauthentic #lifeofadventure #natgeotravel #welltravelled #iamtb #searchfinddiscover #inspiringtravelpics #visiteztoulouse

A post shared by Miranda-Anosa #UKTravelblogger (@ajulydreamer) on

Isn’t this bed just so inviting??

A few later and out of the cold we were back at the hotel which was super warm and comforting. What you need after a long day it a nice comfortable bed to take away all the world’s worries. But before that could happen, a nice shower is required. I am a sucker for a good shower and Hotel Albert 1er definitely delivered and ticked all the boxes. I appreciated the really clean bathroom, very nicely lit and well ventilated. All the rooms are very clean, well maintained and the hotel has 47 comfortable rooms.

Hotel Albert 1er

Good to Know Information

• Incredible breakfast, offered from 5 am until 11 am, very convenient for those with early flights. Great selection of food, open buffet style breakfast.
  • Luggage storage available for those wishing to store luggage after check out
  • Centrally located, only a few metres from Le Capitole and other local attractions
  • Ability to buy City Pass at reception
  • Bilingual reception is open 24 hours
  • Room service is available
  • Rooms have a free safe for your valuables

We had such an incredibly welcoming stay ever, my parents are still raving about the stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel, it is family and handicap friendly. The staff was incredible and the service we received was top-notch.

Disclosure: The hotel stay was part of a Press Trip to Toulouse, thanks to Toulouse City Tourism.

1. Lisa Marie Heath
    February 1, 2018 / 3:59 am

Wow that hotel looks so cozy and inviting! I’m so jealous! I’d love to go to France one day

2. Sara Welch
    January 31, 2018 / 8:58 pm

They treat you very well there! I will have to keep them in mind next time I am near!

3. chubskulit
    January 31, 2018 / 3:40 pm

This hotel looks very cozy and clean. I would love to visit France someday, it’s one of my dream places to explore.

4. Kristine Nicole Alessandra VA
    January 31, 2018 / 9:04 am

Hotel Albert 1er looks really nice. I have not been to France but I wish I could soon. The hotel has a cozy ambiance which I look for in every hotel I stay.

5. valmg
    January 31, 2018 / 5:45 am

I have never been to France and have always wanted to go. I like that it looks like they have lots of bursts of color throughout the hotel.

6. Amanda
    January 31, 2018 / 3:08 am

I’m so sad that I live so far away and will most likely not get the chance to visit. Hotel Albert 1er looks like a great place to relax.

7. January 31, 2018 / 2:07 am

I like that the breakfast is served all the way until 11am. Someplaces end at like 9 or 10, which I think is too early. Looks like a wonderful hotel stay.

8. January 31, 2018 / 12:02 am

Wow, this is a beautiful hotel! I am loving that window ceiling, really stunning! I have not seen this hotel before, it seems like a great place to stay.

9. January 30, 2018 / 9:02 pm

it sounds like this was a really good hotel base to stay in while you are in Toulouse I can’t believe they offer breakfast from 5 – 11 that is fantastic!

10. January 30, 2018 / 3:55 pm

It sounds like Toulouse is a great place to visit in France. This place looks like a wonderful place to stay.

11. Tomi_C
    January 30, 2018 / 3:37 pm

I had to google Toulouse. I’ve never heard of it. The accommodations look amazing and I hope you were able to get out explore the Pink City as it looks like a wonderful place to visit.

12. Sarah
    January 30, 2018 / 3:20 pm

Looks like a beautiful hotel. Love that it’s family owned and conveniently located to restaurants and activities. Those make travel so much easier.

13. January 30, 2018 / 3:17 pm

I love staying at hotels especially the ones that are very clean. Good food is also on my list of must haves. It sounds like you were able to find both at this hotel!

14. January 30, 2018 / 2:11 pm

I honestly love hotels that give you that comfy and cozy vibe the moment you walk into the room. This look just like it. I also appreciate the location! Makes the trip easier once you go out to tour and explore!

15. Jeanette
    January 30, 2018 / 1:20 pm

That hotel looks absolutely gorgeous. It is obvious they are out to impress! I love that it is family run and owned!

16. January 30, 2018 / 1:19 pm

What a gorgeous hotel! I am always down to stay at a place with a great breakfast. I like to eat. And yes, that bed DOES look inviting.

17. Candy Kage
    January 30, 2018 / 12:33 pm

Don’t know if I where ever be in that area. Looks like staying at the Albert is the place to stay and enjoy a relaxing trip.

18. Robin Rue
    January 30, 2018 / 10:32 am

What country is this in? I have never heard of Toulouse, but it sounds like a really cool place to visit.