Bucketlist City – Toronto

For the last five years I have been seriously working through my bucketlist and ticking off destinations. Toronto is one city I was hoping to tick off this year but alas life intervened as it always does. It is a city I once thought I would move to after I finished my undergrad degree. But it seems it wasn’t meant to be though I have not lost hope, it’s still a bucketlist place. And if my current tenacity is anything to go by, I will definitely be ticking the city off my list soon.

Recently I shared 15 Travel Quotes that Inspire me, I have a couple more that I didn’t add. One of my favourites is ‘stop waiting for things to happen, go out & make them happen‘. Over the last couple years this quote and others has helped me ‘make things happen’. I have already started to plan my visit next year and I am very excited about that. There are so many reasons why Toronto is a bucketlist city for me, here are some.

TORONTO

Bucketlist City – Toronto

A couple of years ago whilst I was still an undergrad, I stumbled upon an article about Toronto. This article was talking about reasons why Toronto was the perfect place to live and work. I decided at that time that I would make it to Toronto one day, I intend to keep that promise. Then a few years ago a TV drama Murdoch Mysteries based in the 17th century Toronto got me hooked. I can’t tell you how much I love this program and how much it has reignited my passion for the city.

Before I share some of my reasons why I want to visit the city, I have to find a good deal on a flight. I use a lot of apps to find the most affordable flights but also check the airlines directly. Because I promised my parents that we will go together, I need to save some funds. I made a decision earlier in the year to treat my parents so they can enjoy the adventures too. With that being said, here are some of the reasons why I want to visit Toronto.

TORONTO

Reasons Why I want to Visit Toronto

The Lawrence Market – I have heard incredible things about this market considered a gastronomic haven. Whenever I travel somewhere new I like to try out local cuisines but also like to live like a local. During our visit to Toulouse we visited the Hugo market and we loved it there.

Kensington Market is another place I wouldn’t mind adding to my itinerary, every speaks of the restaurants and cafes. On my recent adventure to Seoul I spent every single day visiting the local cafes and people watching. I like to just sit and take the city in from a different angle whilst I catch a breath. Plus enjoying a smoothie and cake as you people watch is always a fun activity.

I have been told a good ferry to the Toronto Islands is an absolute must. Those who know me know I am never one to just sit and miss out of local adventures. I also think my parents would enjoy the 15-20 minute ferry ride to see the islands.

A final place I would like to see and highly recommended by all those who’ve been is the Distillery District. Very popular with the locals and such a cool hangout spot are just some of the words been uttered. I know for sure that I wouldn’t mind flying to Toronto to visit all of the recommended places. Then later all I would love to explore the city blind and see if I can find some local gems.

Have you ever been to Toronto or visit other Canadian cities?

TORONTO

Collaborative

1. October 15, 2018 / 9:05 pm

Toronto is an amazing city, I went 2 years ago when I was pregnant and we had such a fantastic time. The city has a really friendly atmosphere and the food and drink scene is awesome! Definitely go as soon as you can!

2. October 8, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Toronto is such a fascinating city, I can see why you’d want to visit!

3. October 8, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Oh Toronto is a long time travel wish list item for me! Would love to visit.

4. October 8, 2018 / 2:18 pm

I love the idea of this post series and I love that quote too. I used to always hold off of visiting places because no one could come with me or I’d find excuses but now I tend to travel alone – life doesn’t wait around!

5. October 8, 2018 / 2:18 pm

It looks like such a bright and vibrant city. I would love to visit there one day, too!

6. October 8, 2018 / 2:18 pm

I hope you get to go soon! I would love to explore Toronto. Especially those markets

7. October 8, 2018 / 2:18 pm

My friend went to Toronto several years ago and just loved it. Definitely a bucketlist destination.

8. June 16, 2018 / 10:20 am

9. June 15, 2018 / 9:14 pm

Oh Toronto is a long time travel wish list item for me! Would love to visit.

10. June 15, 2018 / 5:43 pm

Kensington market sounds like a great place to explore, I wonder how much I could eat as I’m sure there would be lots of choices on offer

11. October 8, 2018 / 4:28 pm

12. Helen
    June 14, 2018 / 10:00 pm

Toronto sounds like an amazing city to visit. I hope you get there soon. I have to admit Canada isn’t on my travel bucket list, I’ll have to look in to the cities there more.

13. Helen
    October 8, 2018 / 4:27 pm

14. June 14, 2018 / 8:04 am

15. June 14, 2018 / 7:15 am

16. June 13, 2018 / 7:08 pm

Toronto is such a fascinating city, I can see why you’d want to visit!

17. June 13, 2018 / 4:44 pm

this is definitely on my bucket list. Well, Canada in general to be fair. Sounds like a really modern city with some great things to see and do

18. June 13, 2018 / 1:00 pm