Bucketlist Travel: A European Mini Cruise

Back in 2015 I shared an article on why a mini cruise is a perfect weekend getaway. I had this incredible idea of boarding the cruise ship with a loved one and seeing the world from the water. Of course that has not yet happened but that doesn’t mean I have completely given up, that’s not my style.

Of late I had found myself relentlessly searching for a mini cruise to mainland Europe. It has become even more urgent now that I want my parents to join me on this little weekend adventure. My relentlessness has definitely paid off as I have found a perfect deal for my parents and I, I just need the dates.

The mini cruise is just a taster journey to see if we can manage a week or more sea vacation. There are plenty of cruise lines we would like to vacation on as a family. Hopefully one day we can board on a Star Clippers ship or something similar to it, a dream come true that would be. At the moment we are looking at cruise lines that offer mini trips to and from mainland Europe.

There are a couple of reasons why I feel a cruise would be an incredible vacation for us. For as long as i can remember any trips abroad (excluding Wales and Scotland) have been via air. We have always talked about maybe one day vacationing via water. I have been on a couple of short distance ferries but I don’t think that counts. Because of that and many other reasons we are keen to do a taster cruise to Europe and back.

At the moment the most attractive mini cruise we’ve seen is to Amsterdam which I have visited before. Unfortunately it was a rushed visit I didnt get to do much but hoping with this mini cruise we can. A lot of people have shared their itinerary which I am looking over and excited to plan ours.

I can not tell you how excited I am to be ticking items off our bucketlist month after month. Watch this space as we share some of our planned adventures.

Have you ever been on a cruise or even a mini one?

1. Becca Wilson
    June 18, 2018 / 3:32 am

I have never been on a cruise but believe me it is on my bucket list for what to do before I die. This looks like such a glorious trip!

2. June 17, 2018 / 8:52 pm

I am really hoping to do the cruise this year. I’ve always loved being on one.

3. Echo
    June 17, 2018 / 4:15 pm

I have always wanted to go on a cruise. I’m not sure if I ever will though.

4. Princess Quinn
    June 17, 2018 / 2:03 pm

I haven’t been on a cruise myself. It sounds quite expensive to me. But I like the idea of sailing on a cruise ship. maybe if I want to, I can plan it ahead of time so I can prepare some serious cash to afford it. LOL!

5. Princess Quinn
    June 17, 2018 / 2:00 pm

I haven’t been to a cruise ship at all. And the idea sounds great to me. Maybe I can plan on it too and earn some pretty good amount to afford it. LOL!

6. June 17, 2018 / 4:13 am

I’ve never been on a cruise even a mini one but it sounds very interesting and fun. I want tor try it.

7. June 16, 2018 / 1:02 pm

A mini cruise sounds like so much fun! I have never been on one! I would love to try it some day!

8. June 15, 2018 / 3:18 pm

I have never been on a cruise before. I would love to get on one, I really think it’s an awsome adventure!

9. June 15, 2018 / 2:03 pm

I FRIGGIN’ LOVE CRUISES and I have only been on one in my entire life! I went to GREECE & ITALY – an all expenses paid cruise and I literally had the best time of my life. It has made me ONLY want to go on cruises for trips from here on OUT!!!!!!! I told my husband that later this year = CRUISE!!

10. June 15, 2018 / 11:39 am

European cruise is such a wonderful idea. I would love to travel in a cruise soon!

11. June 15, 2018 / 6:17 am

I never thought of doing a cruise as a way to travel to Europe. Curious to see how you enjoy your trip!
    xoxo
    Annie

12. Tia McKinzie
    June 15, 2018 / 5:59 am

I have never been on a cruise, but i hear the ones to alaska are incredible! I will eventually get to go on one!

13. June 15, 2018 / 4:58 am

I love cruises. This sounds so relaxing. I hope I can travel Europe on a Cruise ship too.

14. June 15, 2018 / 12:03 am

I have always fancied going on a cruise, I had never thought about doing a short European one though! Oh I need to look into it now.

15. June 14, 2018 / 8:59 pm

I would love to go on a mini cruise one day! Or any cruise, really. It’s on my list of things to do for sure. I would love to relax on a ship.

16. June 14, 2018 / 7:53 pm

I like the idea of a mini cruise. That way I could get used to one before a longer cruise

17. June 14, 2018 / 5:40 pm

My mother has been trying to get me to take a weekend cruise with her so I would get my feet wet. 😉 Maybe someday.

18. June 14, 2018 / 4:32 pm

I’ve been on a cruise from Miami to The Bahamas. However because of the length of the trip, and I did not feel like it was a cruise at all. I have never been on a mini cruise and would love to try it☺️. Thanks for letting me know that such a thing exists. I will have a look! 👍🏼