Bucketlist Travel: A European Mini Cruise

Back in 2015 I shared an article on why a mini cruise is a perfect weekend getaway. I had this incredible idea of boarding the cruise ship with a loved one and seeing the world from the water. Of course that has not yet happened but that doesn’t mean I have completely given up, that’s not my style.

Of late I had found myself relentlessly searching for a mini cruise to mainland Europe. It has become even more urgent now that I want my parents to join me on this little weekend adventure. My relentlessness has definitely paid off as I have found a perfect deal for my parents and I, I just need the dates.

The mini cruise is just a taster journey to see if we can manage a week or more sea vacation. There are plenty of cruise lines we would like to vacation on as a family. Hopefully one day we can board on a Star Clippers ship or something similar to it, a dream come true that would be. At the moment we are looking at cruise lines that offer mini trips to and from mainland Europe.

There are a couple of reasons why I feel a cruise would be an incredible vacation for us. For as long as i can remember any trips abroad (excluding Wales and Scotland) have been via air. We have always talked about maybe one day vacationing via water. I have been on a couple of short distance ferries but I don’t think that counts. Because of that and many other reasons we are keen to do a taster cruise to Europe and back.

At the moment the most attractive mini cruise we’ve seen is to Amsterdam which I have visited before. Unfortunately it was a rushed visit I didnt get to do much but hoping with this mini cruise we can. A lot of people have shared their itinerary which I am looking over and excited to plan ours.

I can not tell you how excited I am to be ticking items off our bucketlist month after month. Watch this space as we share some of our planned adventures.

Have you ever been on a cruise or even a mini one?

1. October 8, 2018 / 2:16 pm

My mother has been trying to get me to take a weekend cruise with her so I would get my feet wet. 😉 Maybe someday.

2. October 8, 2018 / 2:16 pm

I have always fancied going on a cruise, I had never thought about doing a short European one though! Oh I need to look into it now.

3. October 8, 2018 / 2:16 pm

I like the idea of a mini cruise. That way I could get used to one before a longer cruise

4. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I am really hoping to do the cruise this year. I’ve always loved being on one.

5. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

A mini cruise sounds like so much fun! I have never been on one! I would love to try it some day!

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I’ve been on a cruise from Miami to The Bahamas. However because of the length of the trip, and I did not feel like it was a cruise at all. I have never been on a mini cruise and would love to try it☺️. Thanks for letting me know that such a thing exists. I will have a look! 👍🏼

7. Echo
    October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I have always wanted to go on a cruise. I’m not sure if I ever will though.

8. Princess Quinn
    October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I haven’t been on a cruise myself. It sounds quite expensive to me. But I like the idea of sailing on a cruise ship. maybe if I want to, I can plan it ahead of time so I can prepare some serious cash to afford it. LOL!

9. Becca Wilson
    October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I have never been on a cruise but believe me it is on my bucket list for what to do before I die. This looks like such a glorious trip!

10. Becca Wilson
    June 18, 2018 / 3:32 am

11. June 17, 2018 / 8:52 pm

I am really hoping to do the cruise this year. I’ve always loved being on one.