{Travel} Korea Day 2 – 3

CAMPING WALKTHROUGHS NO. 6

I am still re-living my visit to Korea and it will be a month next week since I returned. I still can not believe that even when I type it because it really does feel like just yesterday that I sat through a 2 hour flight to Munich then a 10 hour flight to Incheon, Seoul. You would think after sitting on the plane for that long I would be wanting to stay away from such a long trip for at least a year or so but no I am actually going back to Seoul in a few months time. I felt like my 7 days in Seoul was too short especially with when going I lost a day due to time difference but gained when I was returning.

From the time “Oppa Gangnam style” song came out, overnight the light was shown on a small country called Korea and the world just wanted to see what exactly is Korea and were fascinated by the culture. When my bestie who is now teaching English in Korea went to the states for year abroad as part of our university program she came back with a huge Korean obsession which as a bestie shared big time with me and I was hooked. We were watching K-Dramas (Korean dramas) daily sometimes 16 hours straight instead of revising for our final university exams, we still marvel at how we were able to graduate with honours with such an addition. We started talking about one day visiting Korea and that if ever one of us went the other had to go visit and before we knew it my friend had gone and there I was planning my visit.

If you have not already you can check out my Day 0 and Day 1 in korea.

For day 1 I had forgotten to mention our shopping trip & Lunch in Myeong-dong.

day 2

Day 2 pretty much started out like day 1, we had gone out the night before, had too much to drink, met new people and were hangover. Though it sounds bad and mostly like hell it was not as bad as how hot it was and trying to sleep in the bright room on earth. The apartment did not have curtains only Korean style windows which let all the light in and if you went to bed at 6 in the morning it was incredibly hard to sleep. I obviously had my eye mask but still struggled, my bestie well with her head hits below and she is dead end of.

myeongdong

When we woke up it was late afternoon we decided best to lazy about and have dinner in the same town we were planning to go clubbing again and that was Itaewon. I had never seen for many foreigners in a foreign land stand out so much like they do in Itaewon, you have your Americans, your British in majority and then other nationals like chinese and canadians etc but you can still pick out the foreigners. I was told that Itaewon wasn’t that popular in the last couple of years due to the number of foreigners there but now it is the place to be, it is the place to dine and the place to club. I loved it very much and maybe because I was with my bestie or maybe coupled with that was we were clubbing I do not know but I did love it.

itaewon

Day 3 is pretty much a repeat of the previous day beginings, arriving home in the early hours (6am) then sleeping until past 12pm. We decided to be sensible and save our livers for the few days I have left, so we ordered in and spent all day watching a mixture of american and korean dramas. I think though I had so much fun so far, day 3 seemed to be the best day yet because I got a chance to finally rest and finally get rid of the jet lag. From the day I arrived until day sleep I had spent a total of 10 hours sleep and the rest I was awake and if not fatigued was clubbing.

Re-living my holiday like this makes me smile so much and remind of me of the days I have to look forward to. I can not wait to go back July and can not wait to do more things than the first time.

My love for Korea is no longer just in the KDramas but now in actually visiting the place.

Have you been to Korea before? or Have you ever watched Korean Dramas/Movies?

myrabev-signature[wysija_form id=”2″]

1. Angela Christoper
    May 26, 2015 / 12:50 pm

You looks really enjoyed Korea, those foods looks yummy. I wish I could travel in Korea with my family and taste all foods we wanting.

2. CourtneyLynne
    May 26, 2015 / 1:29 am

Looks like day 2-3 were pretty great! I So need a trip to Korea. Looks like slouch a great place to visit

3. May 26, 2015 / 12:42 am

It looks like you had a great time and the food looks AMAZING. I would love to visit Korea one day. It is on my bucket list

4. May 25, 2015 / 9:27 pm

I have never been to Korea or watched any Korean movies. I would like to visit some day.

5. May 25, 2015 / 2:44 pm

korea is one of the destinations i would love to visit. Local food looks amazing am sure its also very tasty.than for sharing

6. Fi Ní Neachtáin
    May 25, 2015 / 8:48 am

It’s great that you got to try some of the local food, I think that’s such an important thing to do when you travel. You stayed out so late! Good for you making the most of your time in Korea 🙂

7. Rebecca Swenor
    May 25, 2015 / 8:15 am

This sounds amazing indeed and I so love Korean food. I have never been to Korea or seen a movie from there. I might just have to see a movie though. Thanks for sharing.

8. May 25, 2015 / 6:24 am

Looks like you had a great trip in Korea! The food looks amazing from your trip and like you had a blast!

9. May 25, 2015 / 4:18 am

I can’t imagine how amazing it much be to get to travel to Korea! All the food looks absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us! 🙂

10. May 24, 2015 / 1:46 pm

Goodness a 10 hour flight is just too long for me! But It seems like it was all worth it and you guys had a great time.. I think it’s awesome that you got to travel to Korea with you Bestie.

11. May 24, 2015 / 8:58 am

Mmm, love korean food, I used to live close to a korean friend and she would always make us some glorious dinner that I even felt embarased to cook for her at any point! heheheh

myunsettlinglife.co.uk

12. May 24, 2015 / 6:49 am

I think if you can travel you should totally take advantage of the opportunity! Looks like you had fun and glad you are getting the chance to go back!

13. May 24, 2015 / 5:23 am

hahaha i still cannot believe that song got so big! i used to listen to psy before he became internationally known.. and he was actually a pretty legit artist in korea before then. lol glad you had a great korea trip! 🙂 i pretty much only miss the food there.

14. May 24, 2015 / 2:11 am

Though Korea has never really been on my bucket list of travel spots… I’m more Mediterranean and Caribbean in style… my fiancee has been stationed in Seoul and loved it! Seems like a great place to try new things for sure!

15. May 23, 2015 / 5:01 pm

I have never visited Korea, but after reading your post I have to go there some day, because it sounds like an amazing place to visit! Great post!

16. CourtneyLynne
    May 23, 2015 / 3:20 pm

Girl, I never even thought about visiting Korea until I started reading all your Korea post!! Now it’s on my travel bucket list!

17. May 23, 2015 / 1:43 pm

I’m so envious that you got to go to Korea but excited for you at the same time. Thanks so much for sharing your adventure with up. That food is making my mouth water, I bet it was amazing.

18. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    May 23, 2015 / 12:07 pm

I have never been to Korea before, but I would love to someday. It sounds like you had the trip of a lifetime when you went.

19. May 23, 2015 / 9:25 am

Korea seems such a fun place to visit for lots to see and experience! The food looks amazing and your have a smile that is contagious!

20. May 23, 2015 / 8:27 am

I’ve never been to Korea but having read your posts I’ve just added it to my bucket list of places I want to visit – thanks for sharing x

21. Tiara W.
    May 23, 2015 / 8:05 am

It seems like you really enjoyed yourself! I have always wanted to visit Korea and I am so close but still cannot get there! They do have a lot of food similar though to the Japanese! Looks yummy!

22. May 22, 2015 / 10:50 am

Looks like you had an amazing trip. I’ve never been to Korea but who knows maybe I’ll be lucky to go one day.

23. May 22, 2015 / 9:04 am

I would love to visit Korea! I have a friend living out there, teaching English.

24. May 22, 2015 / 7:54 am

I don’t know much about Korea but it sounds like an amazing trip.