{MY} Father’s Day Gift Ideas

Gift Ideas

When I was a kid we had our extended family living with us, at one point they were over 15 people in the house and these were all family, my aunties and uncles and cousins. There was never a dull moment in our home and I remember my dad and our uncles telling us stories of how it was back in the day, thinking about it now brings tears of joy to my eye as ever since we moved to the UK we do not have our extended family here with us. The good old days were celebrated like tomorrow would never come. I also grew up in a country where daddies were never really celebrated in ‘father’s day’ kind of way as we appreciated them daily and gave them the love and support they deserve.

Fast forward 15 years later in the UK and we now celebrate father’s day every year where we buy dad gifts to show him our appreciation but in our family time and words are more important than gifts and money. Regardless I still love spoiling my dad now and again because his the best dad in the world. Mum always told us that when dad used to drink when we were kids he would often forget his name, his siblings, but never his wife and kids. This touched my heart because even now though he does not drink anymore he would rather be with his wife and kids than anyone in this world plus having a grandson it’s even better.

I sat over the weekend trying to think of things I would love to get for my daddy for this father’s day and I remembered our conversation a couple months back. We were watching Sir David Attenborough’s  this is life documentary which was being filmed in the Natural history museum in London and I remembered saying to my dad I would love to visit one day and he said he would too so I think that would be a perfect gift for him. You can purchase your tickets to natural history museum London HERE if your dad or husband is into museums.

That same night on the TV came a live performance by UB40, I do not know how many people know of the band UB40 and there amazing music and to think they are here in the UK almost had my heart in my mouth. You see when dad was teaching me how to play chess as a kid he always and I mean always played UB40 and some how weirdly enough if the song “Red Red Wine” was playing I won the game (early indication of my love for Red wine). Anyway I digress, we loved that band so much and when we saw they had announced tours in the UK and one as close as London and the other Birmingham my dad immediately announced “now that is a show I would love to attend one day” this again gave me another idea for a present for my daddy, you can get tickets to see UB40 HERE.

My sister and my mum calls me dad’s best friend since if anyone says anything about my dad I jump at his defence sometimes even just hearing his name (obviously he shares same name as my brother) I immediately wan to know what’s being said and if the talk is about my brother or my dad and I still jump at their defence for both. Daddy mentioned to me that he was looking for a new gadget in terms of Laptops or tablets and wondered which was better. I immediately suggested an iPad as its so easy to carry and so convenient and exactly what he needed. It so happened that I had an iPad in my home that I did not use or need so I gave him that as a present. So if your husband or dad wanted a tablet consider getting an iPad like I did or a new Vodafone prime 6 tablet which I cheekily got for myself last week.

My dad loves getting involved in a lot of activities and recently he took part in 10 mile walk (did 9 miles) in Grantham water near our home for a charity and his doing another 10 mile walk for the charity Green care, its a Zambian Charity, I am sure most of you know I was born and spent half of my life there. I do not know how to set up the sponsorship page thingy majjigy so let me know if you want to sponsor him and others on this walk which will be happening on 26th June 2015. They made a 10 second video of the walk, you can check it out HERE.

This is my kind of person gift ideas for my daddy, what do you have planned for your hubby or your daddy?

myrabev-signature

**This is not a sponsored post**

1. CourtneyLynne
    June 11, 2015 / 4:53 am

Hehehe I was stressing out all day yesterday thinking Father’s Day is this weekend! Glad to find out it’s the following week! Have plenty of time to prepare lol

2. June 11, 2015 / 4:38 am

I feel terrible, but I’m actually out of town on Father’s Day. So, any big plans will have to wait until I get back! I gave him his present already.

3. June 10, 2015 / 12:22 pm

Those all sound like very thoughtful, lovely presents. I love creating things from scratch so I always do that (though I think my family would rather i bought them a UB40 ticket, ha ha).

4. June 10, 2015 / 7:52 am

My father has been an excersie a holic lately so probably some workout gear or equipment! Maybe even some smoothie stuff he has been making a lot of smoothies!

5. June 10, 2015 / 6:15 am

What a lovely sentiment to your dad. I would love to go to the National History Museum because I’ve never even been. I think we well just go out for a nice meal and have a lovely chilled Father’s Day for Alfie,.

6. June 10, 2015 / 6:07 am

We don’t have much for plans yet! I love how big and loving y our family sounds, amazing memories!

7. June 10, 2015 / 4:51 am

Both my father & father-in-law has passed away and the biological dad of my children. So we never celebrate Father’s Day really, but my boys still send me Father’s Day cards since I was their mom & dad most of their lives. I truly appreciate the acknowledgement too! They’re such sweethearts & I usually go to the cemetery with flowers.

8. June 10, 2015 / 4:26 am

It will mean so much to your dad that you listened to what he said when you were sharing a moment and based your present to him on your remembering what he said. I hope that you are able to share a wonderful time at the museum.

9. June 10, 2015 / 12:12 am

Tickets to UB40 would be an awesome gift. I love them.

I like all these ideas. No boring ties here.

10. June 9, 2015 / 11:38 pm

My go to gifts for dad is always gadgets or something sport related

11. June 9, 2015 / 10:35 pm

I never was a big fan of UB40. They were a little too repetitive for me with Red, Red Wine! lol That’s a great gift idea for your father and family though since you have a connection to the band. 🙂

12. June 9, 2015 / 8:22 pm

I love when you can recall something from a conversation to figure out the perfect gift! He’s going to be so excited for his gift!

13. June 9, 2015 / 7:51 pm

I love UB40 but didn’t even know they were still around or still current! It sounds like you have a great relationship with your dad 🙂 My dad is definitely my best friend too!

14. June 9, 2015 / 6:27 pm

I still have no idea what I’m getting my Dad for Father’s Day. Kind of a strained relationship so it’s difficult to know how to deal with Father’s Day 🙂 Your ideas are great though!

15. June 9, 2015 / 12:58 pm

These are great ideas. I still haven’t thought of what to give my dad and husband on Father’s Day.

16. NYC SingleMom
    June 9, 2015 / 12:12 pm

My dad has passed on but I just love all your suggestions. I know my dad was always happy that we even gave him a gift.

17. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    June 9, 2015 / 10:53 am

I still have NO idea what I am getting my husband this year. I usually try to go out of the box and get tickets to a concert or comedy show, but nothing good is coming to our area this summer.

18. June 9, 2015 / 8:37 am

What a great post and great video! I believe dads should be spoiled and appreciated every day!

• June 9, 2015 / 9:30 am

Thank you and I absolutely agree every day they should be celebrated just like mother’s.

19. June 9, 2015 / 7:56 am

If my Dad were still alive I will be willing to bet money that he would like to have received tickets to a baseball game in Yankee stadium–or maybe a Giants game. Or perhaps a new fishing rod and reel and me rowing him around while he fished!

• June 9, 2015 / 9:29 am

That sounds like amazing places to visit with your late dad. Thanks for sharing.

20. June 9, 2015 / 7:50 am

These are great ideas! – not just your typical: an aftershave, a pair of socks and/or a new tie 🙂 My husband would love all the presents you are suggesting!

21. June 9, 2015 / 7:07 am

Great post this. I think he would love the Natural History Museum in London – Went there many years ago and still didn’t get around to seeing everything! lol

• June 9, 2015 / 9:28 am

I can not wait to visit with my dad and other family members