{Guest Post} Signs You have Found a Reputable Jewellery Store

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post.RANDOR

When it is time to purchase jewellery – of any type – the store you purchase it from is an essential component in ensuring that you get a quality item. However, since not all stores are created equally, you may have to do some research, prior to making a purchase. When you take some time to get to know a jeweller or the reputation of a jewellery store, such as Randor, you will be able to have peace of mind that you are going to receive a quality piece of jewellery that is perfect for the occasion it is destined for. Some information that will provide you assistance to find that perfect jewellery store are detailed here.

Look Up the Reputation

One of the main things you need to consider when looking for a jewellery store is their local reputation. For example, when you ask around about what jewellery store your family or friends have used, do you get a lot of the same answer. If you do, this provides you with a good sign that this particular store offers quality jewellery at fair prices. However, you have to remember that you cannot make your decision based on other people’s opinions. This means you have to do additional research of your own.

Conduct Your Own Research

After you have the name of three or four potential jewellers, you need to begin to conduct your own research. Some things to look for include:

If the jeweller has a website

Their years in business

If they sell locally or online only

If they have any significant accreditations or memberships

Another important thing to look for is reviews from previous customers. You can visit third party review sites, such as Yelp to find out more about the jewellers you are considering using. Here you will find information about the service and product past customers received, which can help you to better make your decision of which jeweller is right for your particular needs.

Contact the Jeweller

Once you have narrowed down your options further, you should either call or visit the jeweller you are considering using. Doing this will allow you to have any questions answered and you can get a feel for the store or person you are planning to do business with. Doing this will likely provide enough information for you to finally make your decision regarding which jeweller you would like to use.

Once you have utilized the information here you should be ready to look at the jewellery location you have selected. This also means you are ready to purchase the jewellery you want.

myrabev-signature

1. June 28, 2015 / 12:34 am

I love nice jewelry. My husband got me a beautiful piece for my bday. Hopefully its becomes a tradition!

2. June 24, 2015 / 1:49 am

Good points Myrabe.There are so many dishonest jeweler shops online. It’s great that you are raising awareness.

3. June 22, 2015 / 2:34 am

My biggest thing when buying jewelry is knowing where the jewels/metal come from. No jewelry is pretty enough at cost of another life! It’s hard and takes time, but always worth it!

4. June 21, 2015 / 9:56 am

I think it’s really hard to find a reputable jewelry store but thanks for sharing your tips here. it makes it easier.

5. June 20, 2015 / 8:44 am

I have definitely had an awful, AWFUL experience (if you check out “Engaged and Enraged on my blog, you’ll see why) and then, FINALLY, connected with an awesome chain that I couldn’t be happier to support!
    Lessard Coutu is our store for life- and they do nearly all custom work too, so every piece tells a personal story 🙂
    Awesome tips for those about to shop! We definitely should have done more research before our fiasco.

6. June 19, 2015 / 5:20 pm

Thanks for these great tips for finding a reputable jewellery store! It’s important to know who you are buying from.

7. June 19, 2015 / 3:54 pm

I still haven’t found one I like! I get most of my jewelry’s at JcPenney.

8. June 19, 2015 / 3:13 pm

These are all some excellent points to keep in mind when looking for a good jeweler. Will keep this in mind for the future. Thanks!

9. Rosey
    June 19, 2015 / 2:19 pm

I haven’t been to a jewelry store in years. I think it’s fun to look around them, but I rarely buy. My MIL though….she is their best customer. 😉

10. June 19, 2015 / 4:43 am

These are some great tips for newbie jewerly shoppers, I know I found them very helpful. I would hope my future husband would know these rules of thumb before he ventures out to get my engagement ring.

11. June 19, 2015 / 1:14 am

My daughter and her boyfriend recently got engaged. They put a lot of thought into designing their ring and it is gorgeous.

12. June 18, 2015 / 9:27 pm

If I make a large-scale jewelry purchase, you can bet I’ll be following your advice. It’s important!

13. June 18, 2015 / 8:14 pm

This is my first time hearing about them. I love good piece of jewelry so I will check them out for sure.

14. June 18, 2015 / 7:34 pm

Such great advice! You definitely need to do your due diligence when it comes to buying (or repairing!) jewelry of vaue.

15. Ann Bacciaglia
    June 18, 2015 / 6:22 pm

It is important to check out the jeweler you are going to buy a expensive ring from. There are a lot of frauds out there.

16. June 18, 2015 / 5:58 pm

I normally make sure that I purchase jewelry from reputable places. I don’t wear much though. I usually wear my wedding rings and maybe my necklace that my husband got me from James Avery.

17. Chris G
    June 18, 2015 / 4:38 pm

My wife and I don’t wear a lot of jewelry and I think the last time we bought some was when we were getting married. Great post!

18. June 18, 2015 / 4:36 pm

We’ve already found us a reputable jewellery store and it’s close to our house. It is where the husband got the necklace that he got me when we were still dating and it was where we got my engagement ring and our wedding bands.

19. June 18, 2015 / 3:41 pm

I never knew you had to do research on the store you are purchasing from. This was super helpful!

20. June 18, 2015 / 3:41 pm

This was really good info, I didn’t know what to look for in a jewellery store. I’ve only shopped at Tiffany’s for silver they have an outstanding reputation so I didn’t need to do any research. However I’ve fallen in love with pieces I’ve seen in other stores and didn’t buy because I wasn’t sure.

21. Heather @mommyonlyhas2hands
    June 18, 2015 / 2:37 pm

Thank you for sharing your smart idea about jewellry, you looks like you’re a great jewellery, trust is very important especially when you’re in a business

22. June 18, 2015 / 12:00 pm

There is nothing like word of mouth, especially when it comes to a good jeweler! There are always telltale signs that people know who they can trust and who are a disgrace to their profession!

23. June 18, 2015 / 9:35 am

It’s so important to ask for recommendations when looking for a jeweler. Word of mouth is usually the best advertising.

24. June 18, 2015 / 8:14 am

Great advice. When it comes to jewelry, it’s important that you only buy from trusted shops.

25. June 18, 2015 / 6:45 am

These are really great tips. I know I have always worried when I bring something in to get fixed. I thought it was me just be paranoid. Reputable is definitely a must.

26. CourtneyLynne
    June 18, 2015 / 6:08 am

This is some great advice!!! So many people are rip off artist these days, especially with nice pieces of jewlery. It’s so sad!

27. June 18, 2015 / 12:30 am

So many places totally want to rip you off. Glad we found one that we trust, and we keep going back to, also!

28. June 18, 2015 / 12:27 am

It’s good to know the honest business owners. This is good advice. Personal recommendations are something I always take into account.

29. June 18, 2015 / 12:19 am

I got lucky that my husband managed a jewelry store when he was getting ready to propose so we had a lot of contacts to look through, but these are some great tips!

30. June 17, 2015 / 11:02 pm

Thankyou for the info! I love buying from etsy x

31. Bonnie @ wemake7
    June 17, 2015 / 10:12 pm

Great advice. I don’t wear jewerly a lot or purchase any. The last time we purchased any good jewerly was when we got married.

32. Sandy KS
    June 17, 2015 / 8:17 pm

It has been a long time since I bought me anything jewelry wise. Last thing bought was by my boyfriend. it is a frog necklace I wear every day.

33. June 17, 2015 / 8:05 pm

Thanks for these useful tips for selecting a good jeweler. Reputation for being reputable is very important. I love fashion costume pieces, but my skin is too sensitive.

34. June 17, 2015 / 7:45 pm

My husband is in charge of all my jewelery now that I have all my essentials. He gets me them for gifts, etc so I’ll be sure to let him read this!

35. June 17, 2015 / 7:08 pm

This is really good advice. You never know who to trust! I think it really helps to do your research and ask around!

36. June 17, 2015 / 4:00 pm

The locals will always know who is good and who is out to cheat you. Ours has been in business for over 75 years, so it is safe to say they’re fair!

37. June 17, 2015 / 3:14 pm

I have never once done this. Maybe it is because I am still at the “costume” jewellery stage of my life and trips to Pandora and Tiffany. That is the only jewellery I own

38. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    June 17, 2015 / 3:06 pm

I always try to look up reviews of places before I go. Usually people are brutally honest and it;s a great way to find out how the business really is.