{Fashion} Ripped Jeans Friday

**Excuse the dirty mirror but this photo had to be taken**

Fashion posts around these parts are as frequent as rain in the Sahara desert, ok maybe it little over exaggerated on my part but you get my gist. Today I thought I share with you an outfit I wore on Friday for laid back Friday at work, I like to think my dress code is more of laid back on daily basis but Friday’s even more so. I mentioned in my GBU posts that I treated myself to some shopping last week and I picked up this gorgeous skinny high-waisted ripped jeans from New Look, I will be honest this is my first ripped jeans that have bought and I actually like since the rest of the ripped jeans I got after busting them open (weight issues 😁😂) or I outgrew my clothes.

Not everyone likes ripped jeans, I for one am ok with the minimally ripped ones not the over the top that look like you and the neighbour’s dog had another misunderstanding. Don’t get me wrong some people know how to wear them, style them and even look good on them but for some of us my mother would be rushing to the store to get me some clothes because she would think I have finally cracked.

Ripped Jeans outfit idea

I paired my ripped jeans with yellow cross back top, black leather jacket (was cold), minimal jewellery and black flats with gold band. When I got home and it was warmer but not hot I swapped my leather jacket for lighter cardigan.

How do you dress your ripped jeans? Do you own any ripped jeans?

1. September 2, 2015 / 8:09 pm

I love a good pair of high waisted jeans but I dont own a pair of ripped ones! Thats cute and now I am considering getting some for the fall…maybe put some printed tights underneath for an additional flair!
    Kiwi recently posted…Thirteen Pies | Buckhead Atlanta Food ReviewMy Profile

2. Rosey
    August 26, 2015 / 12:15 pm

My daughter likes the fashion ripped jeans. She has for awhile now. 🙂

3. August 26, 2015 / 5:51 am

I used to want to wear ripped jeans SO bad, and my parents couldn’t quite grasp the concept of wearing anything that wasn’t ironed and starched, lol!
    Tiffany @ Daily Leisure recently posted…Jamaicas Discovery CoveMy Profile

4. August 26, 2015 / 5:37 am

I love the finished look. You did a great job styling it and the fit of those high waisted jeans are killer!
    Apryl recently posted…Keys to Contouring like a PROMy Profile

5. August 26, 2015 / 2:10 am

I haven’t worn ripped jeans, since I was in high school, and have never gotten into skinny jeans…however, I think that some people look fabulous in them. Some on the other hand, take the shreds a bit too far!
    Shandi Dews recently posted…Tender by Shai AmitMy Profile

6. August 25, 2015 / 12:47 pm

I totally agree with you on the ripped jeans trend! I am okay with a clean rip or two near the knee but the slashes all the way up feels trashy to me! I love the outfit you came up with!
    Briton recently posted…Back to You with WayfairMy Profile

7. August 25, 2015 / 2:52 am

I have never worn ripped jeans !!! When they started to come out I was in my late 30’s and felt It was not appropriate for me. You look great and have super accessories.
    CYNTHIA NICOLETTI recently posted…Join Buzzoole !!! I am a memberMy Profile

8. Wendy
    August 25, 2015 / 2:33 am

As a plus size woman who’s pushing 50 I don’t do the ripped jeans thing. I have a 15 year old niece who looks great in them.

9. August 24, 2015 / 9:16 pm

I’m not big on the ripped jeans, I just tend to make the wholes bigger, but I admire anyone that can wear the skinny jean. I just can’t pull it off, I’m too short, so it looks super funky on me. Skinny jeans are meant for tall people, or just taller people than me. 😉
    Heather recently posted…Friends, Margaritas and S’moresMy Profile

10. August 24, 2015 / 8:40 am

Absolutely fab! Ripped jeans has been my most recent favorite style. That jacket looks so chick too 😀
    Maureen recently posted…You Are EnoughMy Profile

11. August 24, 2015 / 7:23 am

I don’t own any ripped jeans but I like the look of those. I’m with you, I never understood paying for something that looks like you got into a fight with a paper shredder.
    Lisa recently posted…Tyson Project A+™ – Nuggets and StripsMy Profile

12. August 24, 2015 / 6:19 am

I have lots of different Jeans, don’t think I have ever worn ripped Jeans though, I must give them ago, the leather jacket is cute!

• August 24, 2015 / 7:06 am

Thanks, I too love the jacket and ripped jeans in moderation have owned a few.