{Lifestyle} Turn your bedroom into a boudoir in 5 simple steps

5 ways to turn

Your bedroom should be a place where you can go to forget life’s stresses and strains. Whether you want to curl up with a book, enjoy a romantic evening with your partner or simply sink into peaceful sleep, your room must offer the ideal setting. If you think this space isn’t up to scratch and you want to make some changes, the following five simple steps could help you transform it into a stylish, luxurious boudoir.

1) Bring spa comfort levels to your bed

Everyone loves a little pampering from time to time, and what better way to release tension than to enjoy a relaxing massage? The best thing is, you don’t have to book a spa appointment to benefit from these treatments; if you have the right bed, you can enjoy them in the comfort of your own home. It’s now possible to get beds that feature built-in massage functions. For example, the models offered by Adjustamatic have an NHC Cyclo-Therapy system that is designed to improve blood circulation, offer pain relief and lower stress levels. Whether you have niggling aches or pains, an ongoing health problem or you simply want to unwind in style at the end of a hard day, these innovative furnishings could be just what you need.

2) Lower your lighting

A bright overhead light can be practical in a bedroom, but it’s important that you have the option of lowering the brightness levels in this space too. A couple of bedside lamps can help to create a cosy look and feel in these areas, and by installing dimmer switches on your illuminations, you’ll get even more control over your lighting. To add a magical feel to this room, why not embellish your walls with some fairy lights too?

3) Rethink your colour scheme

It could be time to reconsider your colour scheme as well. Even if you like the current look, refreshing your walls with a different hue could breathe new life into the space and help you fall in love with your bedroom all over again. If you’re not sure which colours to go for, get some tester pots and try them out. With winter fast approaching, perhaps you’ll fancy something warming like a rich red or burnt orange.

4) Kiss goodbye to clutter

Clutter is the nemesis of the interior designer. No matter how fabulous your furnishings and décor, if your room is covered in clothes, cosmetics and electricals, it will fail to impress. There are plenty of space-saving storage solutions available for bedrooms, including ottomans, under-bed drawers and boxes and full-height wardrobes and shelves. By making sure you have enough storage places for your possessions, you can make it much easier to keep this part of your property clutter-free.

5) Introduce soothing scents

Another top tip is to introduce some soothing scents. You can take your pick from wall plug-ins, reed diffusers, scented candles and potpourri. Meanwhile, when it comes to the fragrances themselves, lavender is a popular choice for sleeping areas because of its relaxing properties. Other enticing scents include vanilla, jasmine and valerian.

If you don’t have the budget or energy to make all of these changes at once, there’s always the option of staggering them. It may take longer this way, but you’ll still end up with the dreamy boudoir you desire.

signature

*Collaboration post

1. November 15, 2015 / 2:04 pm

Great tips! I really need to focus on the getting rid of the clutter point.

2. November 15, 2015 / 7:19 am

You are right about decluttering. I think it is a great idea for the entire home. The lighting sets the mood in such a great way!

3. November 15, 2015 / 6:21 am

Awesome tips, that everyone could use! My room feels so packed lately – And this also sounds like a great way to get in the mood to tone things down a bit.

• November 15, 2015 / 7:39 am

Thanks, for me sometimes feels like everytime I declutter a few days later I need to do it again but practising these tips is helping
      Miranda recently posted…{Travel} A Perfect winter breakMy Profile

4. November 15, 2015 / 4:45 am

This is a great post! Reducing the clutter makes the bedroom so much more relaxing!

5. November 14, 2015 / 4:49 am

It’s not easy to make your room clutter-free but with these tips that you shared here, I’m sure it will be easier to do it now. I’ll be bookmarking this too for future uses. Thank you! 🙂

6. November 14, 2015 / 4:23 am

It’s not easy to make our room clutter-free but with these tips that you’ve shared, I’m sure it will be easier to do it now. 😀

7. November 13, 2015 / 11:25 pm

Oh I agree with you. It needs to be an escape. We need to kiss clutter goodbye in a big way in our bedroom. Time to purge!

8. Savannah Miller
    November 13, 2015 / 9:42 pm

I so need to declutter my room! I have stuff everywhere and it really is stressful, I may do that this weekend 🙂

9. November 13, 2015 / 8:16 pm

Kissing clutter goodbye is so important. Especially if you have kids. It’s so hard to remember not be become the catch all for everyone else’s belongings. I love the clean, simple look.
    Shell recently posted…Candied Sweet Potato Casserole RecipeMy Profile

10. November 13, 2015 / 1:21 pm

I’m in the process of redoing my master bedroom and bath. Seems I always put it off to last, but I’ve bought a new bed and I’m waiting for my mattresses to arrive. These steps will come in handy.
    Alli recently posted…White Peppermint Funfetti® Cake BallsMy Profile

11. November 13, 2015 / 12:54 pm

This is perfect timing for me – I just finally decluttered our bedroom and got it back to looking like a bedroom again! Now you can actually see our fireplace, and we’ve got some comfy seating in there too. I be using these tips to complete the transformation!
    Megan Elford recently posted…{Operation Christmas Child} How To Pack A Shoebox At Dollar Tree!My Profile

• November 13, 2015 / 4:19 pm

Thanks, hope you make use of them one day

12. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    November 13, 2015 / 11:53 am

The idea about lowernig the lighting is so smart. We have an over head fan in our bedroom and the light on that thing is SO BRIGHT. We definitely need to take it down a notch.

13. November 13, 2015 / 9:00 am

Great tips, we recently invested in a new mattress and cut the clutter from our room, it’s definitely helped 🙂
    MissPond recently posted…October Degustabox | ReviewMy Profile

14. November 13, 2015 / 8:54 am

These are some really great tips that I’m going to be sure to follow! My room is still very ‘teenage girl’ and now that i’m living with my boyfriend i don’t either of us are fans!