{Travel} #Take12Trips Challenge ~ Month One

Hi there and welcome to a year long travel challenge called #Take12Trips, though this series is new on this blog it has actually been around since 2013. It was started by a fellow blogger Claire over at Need Another Holiday she started this challenge for herself to document trips taken every year and the idea is to take at least 1 trip a month and share on the blog. I stumbled upon this challenge when another blogger mentioned it to me in the comments section. Like the 12 Months of Happiness series started by Sinova of Simply Sinova, I decided to start the series this year instead of waiting for January to come before I started it.

The idea of this challenge is to travel as much as you can but it does not necessary mean only travel abroad, it could be a day trip to the Zoo, a weekend getaway in another town/state/city, it could be a month long holiday or your usual yearly holidays. All this challenge is doing is making you leave your house at least once a week-end day or entire weekend to see something new, experience something new and not just be a couch potato like me 🙂 🙂

There is a lovely quote that motivated me to write these posts now instead of later.

Tomorrow is not guaranteed you, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today

Armed with this quote, I decided to mark December 2015 as month one and share with you the trip (s) I have planned and went (or going) on. By now you would have ready my recollection of my spontaneous weekend getaway to ljubljana, Slovenia. You might be asking why Slovenia of all places but honestly from my colleague talking about her homeland to my own curiosity I decided to take a leap of faith and go to the unknown lands and explore.

This spontaneous trip has taught me a few things, it’s best to experience it for yourself. This was a solo trip, this was my time away from everything and just explore new lands and be adventurous. I managed to meet a lovely Italian girl who like me travelled spontaneously, was lone traveler and this was first time in Ljubjana. We started up a conversation (y’all know your girl can talk for England), it was nice meeting a stranger, discovering our similarities and scheduling our next trip before it was even 24hours.

My next trip this month is this week to Lithuania for pre-Christmas celebration 😊🍷. Then back to work for 2 days before traveling to Cambridge for Christmas with my parents.

I am so excited to be doing this challenge and to be sharing my travels with you. I want to really make the travel section of this blog a true contender it’s own right and not be covered in ‘Lifestyle’ part of the blog. I also like this challenge because it will hold me accountable for the plans that I make, make me think about where I want and should go and make me plan accordingly. 2016 is the year for travel and throwing in a cruise will be a dream come true.

signature

1. December 21, 2015 / 9:33 am

Excellent idea, I love the thought of travelling more and it’s definitely something I want to do more of in 2016 xx

• December 21, 2015 / 9:33 am

Thanks, wishing you all the best of luck for 2016

2. December 21, 2015 / 3:55 am

I love this, we love to travel and try to get away as often as we can. It’s slowed down a little with two boys, but more often than not they come along for the ride. The 3yo has a country count to rival most adults and will pass 20 in January. Their passports are incredible…..

Slovenia is on my list – especially Lake Bled.

• December 21, 2015 / 5:40 am

Oh wow I am jealous of the 3yo I must put some more dents in my passport too. I can not wait to check out lake bled again.

3. December 20, 2015 / 10:14 pm

Sounds like a brilliant challenge to take up. I was due to go to Slovenia myself in Nov but since falling pregnant it was not recommend – however I will visit one day x

• December 21, 2015 / 5:42 am

It is a fun challenge and I hope you’re able to travel you can still take up Slovenia its a lovely place

4. December 20, 2015 / 2:40 pm

How exciting and the perfect opportunity to see more of the world! Good luck with your challenge

• December 20, 2015 / 2:41 pm

Thank you so much Ali, I can not wait

5. December 20, 2015 / 2:16 pm

I love this and I love the spontaneity of the idea too… I would love to just pack it and go for a few days x

• December 20, 2015 / 2:17 pm

That’s exactly what I am doing living spontaneously

6. December 20, 2015 / 12:49 pm

This is such a brilliant idea, it looks like you had an amazing time. I’d love to do this but with a little one in tow it makes it quite hard! Pictures are stunning x

• December 20, 2015 / 12:56 pm

Thanks and it does not need to be abroad it can be something you do with your kid(s) or alone

7. December 17, 2015 / 1:41 am

What an amazing challenge!! I love that quote and it is so true in so many things in life. I love how you took that leap to visit an unknown land. It looks like you truly had amazing fun and I am certain your next 11 months will bring you so many more wonderful memories.

• December 17, 2015 / 6:35 am

Thank you Tiffany, the quote really struck a cord with me and I can not wait to see what the next 11 months look like.

8. December 16, 2015 / 4:17 am

This is such a great idea! I love having an initiative to get out and do things around the town, even if it is just going on a day trip! I sometimes get stuck in the same rut of staying at home and watching too much tv, so I love that this encourages you to get out and document your adventures

• December 16, 2015 / 4:21 am

Exactly that is the whole point, to get out and do something at least once a weekend or weekday if it works

9. Patricia Woolverton
    December 16, 2015 / 1:45 am

What a neat challenge to do. I have to admit, I am jelly cause I am Lithuanian and you are going there! My maiden name is Lithuanian and on my dads side his Father is from Lithuania. I would love to go someday and visit some of my relatives I never met. I hope you have a great time on this challenge.

• December 16, 2015 / 3:28 am

Awww how awesome, I hope you visit one day and thanks I am hoping this challenge will allow me to travel even more

10. December 15, 2015 / 6:29 pm

This sounds like an incredible challenge! I would love to get to travel each month for a year, though I’m not sure where all I would go! Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us! 🙂

• December 15, 2015 / 6:46 pm

I am lucky since I am in Europe there so many places to jet to for the weekend

11. December 15, 2015 / 7:27 am

I love this idea so much! I would have never thought to go to Slovenia, but it looks wonderful! I want to try this idea to at least go somewhere in our state once a month!

• December 15, 2015 / 7:57 am

Thanks, I think that is a great idea visit a state of your choice (& convenience) once a month and before you know it you will have done the entire 12 lol

12. December 15, 2015 / 5:54 am

That is so wonderful that the quote could help spark a little excitement and motivation within you. It’s so brave to just get up and go, but you did it-and you looked great the whole time too!

• December 15, 2015 / 7:56 am

Awww thank you so much Angie, I appreciate that. I was petrified but such is life and I am glad I did it

13. December 15, 2015 / 4:49 am

oh to be young and single again. i do certainly miss that the very most about being single. I loved to travel and to be able to travel at a moments notice with passport in hand. Enjoy it as much as you can and I agree – just go – have all the fun you can and just see everything!

• December 15, 2015 / 7:55 am

Thanks so much, I am making the most out of it

• December 15, 2015 / 7:55 am

Thanks summer

14. December 15, 2015 / 1:31 am

I really LOVE that idea. I work so much = too much. We generally take one big family vacation a year (this year we are going to NYC for a few days at Christmas, so not too big this year), but I think it would be really fun for my kids to look forward to smaller getaways throughout the year. This would help me relax and recharge from work as well.

• December 15, 2015 / 2:52 am

Exactly, I think that’s the idea. We all stuck in the working so hard cycle that we forget to just relax and take time out

15. December 14, 2015 / 11:50 pm

I love the 12 trip challenge and I really enjoy your photographs! Thanks for sharing that! I can honestly say this year is my traveling year as I was able to go to so many different places! I hope next year will be the same because I just found my traveling bug again. It was a hidden passion for many years!

• December 15, 2015 / 2:53 am

Thanks cara, this was my travelling year too and hoping next year is even better

16. December 14, 2015 / 3:11 pm

I love challenges like this because it really encourages you to take a step out of your comfort zone and explore the world. Unfortunately it tends to be extremely difficult to travel with two small boys, but now that they are getting older they do better in the car and on planes. We just booked a trip for January and February so I feel like we are on a great start so far for travel in 2016!

• December 14, 2015 / 3:49 pm

I am sure it must be difficult but happy for you for the January and February holidays. I definitely am excited by this challenge.

17. December 13, 2015 / 10:18 am

That looks awesome! I would love to do a challenge like that one! However, I want to visit UK again next year with my hubby so I’m saving money so we can enjoy London the best way possible!
    I can’t wait to see more pictures of your adventures 😀

• December 13, 2015 / 10:18 am

Awesome hope you manage to come and visit and thanks. Do join in when you can