Top 5 attractions in Prague

Before I go anyway I always like to check out at least the top 5 attractions for that city and I thought I create a list of top 5 attractions in Prague from my experience. I also love checking out different types of accommodations from hotels, bread and breakfast to hostels. Prague being such a beautiful city has lots to offer every type of traveller, when were searching for hotels in Prague we managed to find Hotel Interprag which was such a lovely location and reasonably priced.

Old town square – home to the astronomical clock which unfortunately we did not get to see but we wondered around the old town square. It is claimed that the town has been virtually untouched since the 10th century, we were in awe there was so much to see.

Charles bridge  – in 1357 King Charles IV commissioned the Charles Bridge, originally it was called the stone bridge or Prague Bridge. It is a bit out from the centre of Prague but very easy to get to via tram, taxis etc and it’s breath taking. We had a lovely time and in our 45 minutes there we did not even manage to go to both ends but it was lovely.

Prague Castle  – It is thought to be the largest castle in the world, from the castles that I have seen so far in England, Slovenia and Lithuania I feel the Prague Castle is large but not sure about the largest. It is easy to travel to the castle via, tram, buses, taxis or even tour guide bus which is what we took.

Kampa Island – thought to be the second most beautiful city island in the world, unfortunately did not get a chance to see it during the day but it was really beautiful at night and silly me forgot to take pictures because I was take back. You definitely need to either see it first then head to Charles bridge or see Charles bridge which seats at its tip first then visit Kampa Island.

Wenceslas square – Another part of the city that caught me off guard and made me forget to take pictures but it’s so lovely. It is a very popular square for tourists and many people book apartments and hotels here which are really pretty. Our hotel was only 5 minutes away from the square and easy to access so definitely.

• February 11, 2016 / 10:17 am

It’s so beautiful and a definite must see place

1. February 3, 2016 / 8:15 am

How amazing that old town square has been virtually untouched for so long. That is such a difference from our ‘market everything’ culture, especially when everything is geared towards how much money can be made from tourists. I love that there is this space in Prague that is just all culture.

• February 3, 2016 / 9:48 am

It truly is amazing, so many places in Prague have been mostly untouched and the history on them is amazing

2. Janine BakeGlueandTrend
    February 2, 2016 / 1:29 pm

It’s a shame you didn’t get to see the clock as in one of your photos you are about a one minute walk away from it hehe. But to be honest it’s not that amazing (it is good to look at but nothing to kick yourself over if you didn’t see it), also just gives you an excuse to visit again. It looks beautiful in the snow. We went once in the snow and another time in Spring. Both trips showed us different things. In the Spring we sat outside in the restaurant at the castle drinking wine and eating risotto, it was gorgeous. We also did the city bus tour (it is done is a 12 seater mini bus and you have headsets – it shows you the best places to go and then you can go on foot after). Definitely one to visit again if you ever get another chance., Great post!!

• February 2, 2016 / 1:31 pm

Thanks so much Janine I definitely planning on going again, maybe Spring next time or summer which ever I can get to go. I was sad but not too sad that I didn’t see the clock like you said an excuse to go back and finish

3. Amy Jones
    January 30, 2016 / 11:17 pm

Prague looks like a beautiful city. Thanks for sharing the highlights and beautiful pictures with us!

• January 31, 2016 / 6:51 am

It is and thanks for stopping by

4. January 30, 2016 / 1:13 am

what a beautiful place, would love to visit that someday, i guess in my sleep.

• January 30, 2016 / 5:01 am

Hahahaha lol I am sure you will one day you never know

• January 30, 2016 / 5:01 am

It is that and more, you should if you have a chance

• January 29, 2016 / 9:31 pm

Thanks we had an amazing time and hope you get a chance to go

5. Rosey
    January 29, 2016 / 10:57 am

Prague was a last minute trip for us. It turned out to be so lovely!

• January 29, 2016 / 3:16 pm

Similar to us, it’s so beautiful

6. January 29, 2016 / 5:15 am

Prague is really high up on my travel bucket list. Your trip looks amazing!

• January 29, 2016 / 6:55 am

It was thanks and hope you get a chance to go