Valentine’s Day wish list

Valentine’s Day has come about because of the legend about Saint Valentine of Rome, where he was imprisoned for marrying soldiers that were forbidden to marry. Whilst in prison it is said that he healed the daughter of his jailer and as a final goodbye before he was executed he sent her a love letter signed “Your Valentine”. It has since been recognised as a day to express love to one another.

So what are you doing this Valentine’s? Do you have a special someone to spend it with or will you perhaps be treating yourself this year? Because we all deserve a bit of love so why not pick yourself up something nice and treat yourself. Or even spend it with another loved one, a sister or friend to show them that you love them and are grateful to have them in your life.

Valentine's Day Backdrops for photography

As a #RakutensBlogger♥ I was gifted £50’s worth of points to spend on the website and a Valentine’s Day surprise gift.

I have been looking up some Valentines gifts and have listed my wish list; hopefully this will give you some ideas on what’s around for all budgets.

So firstly I have found a website called Lavish Lockets, they make the memory charm lockets that we have all been hearing about lately. You can choose the locket you like, choose a back plate and all the charms you want to put in it. This would make a lovely personalised gift for your loved one this year and they also do cufflinks!

Whether you have been recently married or are looking forward to a big anniversary, your wedding day is something that you will never forget and is usually one of the best memories in your life. So with this next gift i found it could make a lovely surprise for your spouse this Valentine’s. It is a personalised wedding venue portrait and is truly beautiful! They are hand drawn by artists working in Devon and you can add whatever details you want on it such as the date of your wedding day.

Now I don’t know about you but in my eyes you can never go wrong with some chocolate any time of the year but Valentines is just the perfect excuse! I found this cute heart shaped tin filled with Maxim’s milk chocolate & nougat, for would definitely be on my wish list this year!

valentines wish list

How many people do you know that don’t like pampering from time to time? So I give you the G Spa Foot Spa gift set. It includes; a Cool Foot spa gel, a Refresh foot spa gel, a Soothe foot spa gel and a G-Spa inflatable foot bath all for just £19.95! The best thing is that it is inflatable so when you are finished it is so easy to store, perfect!

Now everyone is different and may not be bothered about fancy gifts, some people would rather spend some quality time together and what better way to do this than on a mini break for 2?! you can choose from loads of different places to go and it is valid for up to 10 months, plenty of time to find a gap in your busy schedule!

So that concludes my list of Valentine’s goodies, I hope you all have a brilliant Valentine’s Day! Feel free to share your Valentine’s wishes or your most cherished memory of Valentine’s Day below.

1. February 5, 2016 / 1:38 pm

Some lovely ideas – locket like that are a gorgeous gift. I am single, so will treat myself to something! Kaz x

• February 5, 2016 / 1:49 pm

You always have to treat yourself always

• February 5, 2016 / 10:36 am

Nope you can’t lol

2. February 4, 2016 / 2:14 pm

this is such a great list quite helpful …. i am having my eyes on charm locket 🙂 thanks for sharing

• February 4, 2016 / 2:41 pm

You welcome I would love to own a charm locket

3. February 3, 2016 / 3:36 pm

Some lovely ideas. We’ve been married for 12 years and I’ve got to say, Valentine’s Day does start to become a bit less important although it’s never bad to have a reason for romance! Or a mini break 🙂

• February 3, 2016 / 4:25 pm

12 years congratulations on that and yes V-Day doesn’t seem that important

4. January 31, 2016 / 10:06 pm

we are going away this year for a long weekend without our little one so it will be nice to have some time to ourselves. I am not sure about gifts as we don’t really do them but I know football tickets always go down well with my hubby!!

• January 31, 2016 / 10:27 pm

Aww that sounds awesome some time alone just the two of you.

• January 31, 2016 / 8:39 pm

I know what you mean I would love that too

5. January 31, 2016 / 2:24 pm

I would love a screen free evening (ie no phones and laptops) and sitting on the sofa with my husband with too many chocolates and a movie for Valentine’s day… oh how things have changed. And if I am really really pushing the boat out a lie in too! I am not sure what to get my husband for Valentine’s Day though!

• January 31, 2016 / 2:48 pm

I would love a lot of things for Valentine’s Day but most just to spend the day with boo

6. January 31, 2016 / 12:56 am

I have been looking in to some valentines gifts for the wife. I see you have more items to contemplate. The sweets are maybe not a good idea for her diet.

Thanks for Sharing

John M

• January 31, 2016 / 6:53 am

Thanks John, maybe flowers and cooked meal at home would do the trick??

7. January 30, 2016 / 10:11 pm

You already come prepared with the Valentines day wishlist. I haven’t even started mine yet. or even think about what am going to do. But those ideas sounds lovely. What I wish for Valentines day is get to see my boyfriend again cause of distance..

• January 31, 2016 / 6:51 am

Awww bless I know how hard it can be when you live apart especially in another country. MOH lives in another town so it’s not too bad and thanks

8. January 30, 2016 / 9:07 pm

oh my dream valentines gift would be a min break or a spa day! It would be fantastic You have some nice items there too! Im gonna miss not being able to have chocolate this year!

• January 31, 2016 / 6:49 am

Awww bless what a shame but then again I should be cutting chocolate out of my diet but not done it yet

9. January 30, 2016 / 8:56 pm

I have no idea what I am doing valentines day but I know I will be on my own lol. I used to love them sour hearts with inscriptions I have not had one in a while perhaps I should gift myself a ‘will you be my valentine’ heart haha!

• January 31, 2016 / 6:48 am

Hahahaha, you should and I think it is important to do it for you instead of waiting for someone to do it

10. January 30, 2016 / 8:14 pm

We don’t do much for valentines either, cooking at home usually because the restaurants near us are usually jam-packed with people. Some lovely ideas there, I like the sound of the locket. I might try dropping some hints…

• January 31, 2016 / 6:47 am

And I hope the hints work lol, I think whatever works for you both is what should be done

11. January 30, 2016 / 2:39 pm

We don’t do Valentines, we never have. However I love the sound of a picture of our wedding venue for our wedding anniversary!

• January 30, 2016 / 6:45 pm

Yea pictures are the best gifts

12. January 30, 2016 / 1:27 pm

I haven’t given Valentines much thought yet but would love to be on the receiving end of a locket. I suspect I’ll be getting my usual chocolates though and some flowers if I’m lucky!

• January 30, 2016 / 6:44 pm

Hahaha, sounds awesome

13. January 30, 2016 / 12:51 pm

We have decided this year not to buy gifts, it just feels like it so close to Christmas and we really don’t need anything. Whilst I love to receive chocolate and flowers, I would rather spend the money having a family day out. Oh, how my life as changed ha ha

• January 30, 2016 / 6:44 pm

Hahahaha, life changes indeed and sometimes it’s surprises us. We might go for a meal if we don’t cook