{Travel} Three countries In Three Days

When I booked my mini holiday to Brno the only thing I was thinking about was having enough time to explore it all or maybe some surrounding towns within Czech Republic. I did not once consider using this time to explore 2 more other countries until I sat down one day to plan how to explore towns surrounding Brno, how to get there and how far they were but also I wanted to find out how far Brno and Praha (Prague) were/are from each other as two weekends before I was in Praha for a girls weekend getaway.

Three countries in three days

Brno

Brno, Czech Republic

When I pulled up google maps and saw that Vienna (Austria) and Bratislava (Slovakia) were so close by I had to pinch myself and figure out how I could spread my 3 days to ensure I spent at least 1 day in each of these cities. Vienna was an easy one to plan and I booked my ticket for the day after I arrive in Brno with no regrets but Bratislava I was not entirely convinced. I had a discussion with MOH who mentioned how awesome it would be for me to be able to see all these places, if I am honest I did want to visit Vienna big time but more than that I wanted to visit Budapest too as its only 4 hours away a from Brno. But to get there I would have to pass through Vienna then Bratislava anyway so I decided maybe next time.

Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Using Czech Transport I booked my bus from Brno to Vienna, this cost me 16 euros return ticket. Eastern Europe transport system is quite cheap with the exception of a few countries, the bus service I used is provided by a company called Student Agency and they run have buses in almost all European cities. Eurolines is another company which provides buses around Europe. My trip from Brno to Vienna was less than 2 hours but could be up to 2.30hrs if there is traffic. What I loved about Student Agency is you get a free drink (I got hot chocolate) and have an option to buy snacks on the bus. The bus also had free wi-fi but only in Czech Republic.

Bratislava

Bratislava, Slovakia

To travel to Bratislava I booked a train ticket (CD) which cost me 16 euros just like the bus would have but I wanted the train as I did not have much time. The train took less than 2 hours to get from Brno to Bratislava, I had a lovely time traveling in ‘old style’ coach trains – you know the ones you see on TV sectioned compartments etc.

I really enjoyed visiting three countries in three days and hoping to repeat this year too.

Would you do it?

• February 19, 2016 / 7:03 pm

The natives are awesome and was humbled to visit the town. What was your most favourite place?

1. February 18, 2016 / 9:53 pm

Wow, that is some travelling! How amazing – I have never visited this area. Your photos are beautiful. Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…Mother’s Day LunchMy Profile

• February 19, 2016 / 8:46 am

Thanks Kaz

2. February 18, 2016 / 7:07 pm

That’s really good value, never considered going by coach or bus – we normally hire a car but that gets expensive

• February 18, 2016 / 7:12 pm

I don’t drive yet so for me that’s a waste and also it’s expensive

• February 18, 2016 / 6:29 am

Thanks so much Stephanie, I try hehehe

• February 18, 2016 / 12:13 am

It was such an experience and one that I need to repeat very soon

3. February 17, 2016 / 10:48 pm

I think I could manage three countries in two weeks, but not three days. I’m too lazy, plus I get really neurotic about packing and travelling. I’m jealous that you can do it because I’d be in a panic the whole time worrying about missing planes and trains! And from your pictures, I can see that I’m missing out on some truly amazing things.
    Grant R recently posted…The 5 Reasons I Hate Soft Play CentresMy Profile

• February 17, 2016 / 11:09 pm

Awww bless, I try to be efficient and only bring what I need and do things in the allocated time so I don’t miss anything

• February 17, 2016 / 10:39 pm

How awesome, I want to do something similar when I go back.

• February 17, 2016 / 9:19 pm

Thanks Ali and hope you get to see Vienna soon

• February 17, 2016 / 9:18 pm

They were truly fabulous and I am glad to have seen them and can not wait to try it again

4. February 17, 2016 / 3:57 pm

That is amazing and YES, I would totally visit all three countries in the same way you did if I had the time to. Why not, right? What beautiful places you visit, Miranda! It’s always a joy to come see where you’ve been lately! x
    Nadia Marie recently posted…Inside the #Portland #Bill #Lighthouse and other views…My Profile

• February 17, 2016 / 4:20 pm

Thanks so much Nadia, it’s been an exciting 6 weeks so far in 2016 I am loving all my travels and glad you’re enjoying them as much as I am

5. February 17, 2016 / 3:39 pm

You are incredible do you know that? I am lost how you can travel so much and run two blogs well done!
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…Throwback WednesdayMy Profile

• February 17, 2016 / 4:18 pm

Thanks so much Ana I am humbled to hear that

• February 17, 2016 / 3:04 pm

Thanks so much Emma, it was an amazing experience

6. Georgina prince
    February 17, 2016 / 11:12 am

Wow that sounds like an amazing trip! I have always wanted to visit Prague and and Vienna. Looks like you had a wonderful time, it’s a part of the world I have never visited. x

• February 17, 2016 / 11:14 am

Thanks Georgina, it was truly wonderful and happy to have done it