{Travel} #Take12Trips Travel challenge ~ month two

#Take12trips is a travel challenge started by a fellow blogger challenging each one of us to take 12 trips in 12 months, that’s 1 trip a month. This travel challenge is not asking you to travel abroad but to travel somewhere outside your home. It can be to your local zoo, museum etc the idea is to get you out there at least one weekend or whatever day out of your home.

When I shared my month one, December 2015 I shared with you that I had booked two holidays abroad! My spontaneous weekend getaway to Ljubljana, Slovenia and my week-long pre-Christmas trip to Kaunas and Vilnius in Lithuania.

I had so much fun planning both of these trips, the Slovenia trip was really spontaneous as I booked 5 days before the trip to a country I have never been a city I have never heard of and a language I can not even begin to pronounce the basic words. It’s was scary, exhilarating but most of all much fun.

Lithuania is a country I have visited a few times before so I knew what to expect and how to get around. Since MIL lives there makes it even that much more fun visiting as I do not have to worry about accommodation nor transport.

Month Two

Prague weekend getaway

For month two, January 2016 I decided to book a trip to a city I have only seen in pictures, a city which is on my bucketlist to see before I am 30 (next year eek). That city is Prague in Czech Republic, though it was forecasted to be absolutely freezing this did not dampen our excitement. A friend and I decided we needed to make haste and visit this glorious city come what may. I have shared all about my weekend getaway so take a look.

Prague

prague castle

prague

prague

When booked a late Friday night flight so we didn’t have to take a day off from work, Flight was delayed by 2 hours so instead of arriving before midnight we arrived just after 2am, I had reserved airport transfer which turned out to be great thinking on my part.

We spent all day exploring Prague city since we only had Saturday. We went to the usual tourist places: Prague castle, Charles bridge, old square town and some not so tourist places.

weekend getaway abroad

I am so happy to be doing this self  travel challenge as it has really opened my eyes to what is available to me, what’s out there and how much I love to travel.

1. February 4, 2016 / 8:10 pm

I would love to visit Prague – it looks so beautiful. I hope to do a fair bit of travelling this year too. Kaz x

• February 4, 2016 / 8:21 pm

It’s so beautiful and definitely go when you get a chance

• February 3, 2016 / 10:39 pm

It is so pretty and a must see destination

2. February 3, 2016 / 9:25 am

I think this is a great idea for a challenge. I’ve not been abroad in 7 years! My passport’s now out of date so must renew it and book a holiday somewhere. I’d love to visit Prague and a colleague went to Lithuania for Christmas markets and had a great time. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trips.

• February 3, 2016 / 9:51 am

Thanks Emma, get on that passport renewal and jump on the many deals across Europe. Even though I go to Lithuania most times I am yet to go during the Christmas market

3. February 3, 2016 / 8:56 am

Oh gosh, it’s too bad your flight was delayed, you girls got in really late. It’s great you had the transfer booked in advance though! Must have been a life saver. Prague city looks beautiful in the snow! What a fun time of year to visit x

• February 3, 2016 / 9:50 am

It was great thinking on my part to have airport transfer and so far on all my trips I am doing just that. It was an awesome time

4. February 2, 2016 / 9:36 pm

I would really love to visit Prague – it just looks like such an amazing place – I want to travel move when my daughter is a little bit older, we have family in Denmark and Holland.

• February 2, 2016 / 11:01 pm

Oooh Denmark and Holland would be awesome well I am heading to Holland soon and need to add Denmark too

5. February 2, 2016 / 9:28 pm

It looks like you are having a great time! I’d love to do something like this when my kids are older. It would be such a great experience for them.

Looking forward to reading more!

• February 2, 2016 / 11:00 pm

It’s been an amazing adventure one I intend to live up to fully (God willing)

6. February 2, 2016 / 8:13 pm

You lucky, lucky thing! Prague Is on my mummy’s bucket list! X

• February 2, 2016 / 10:58 pm

Thanks so much, I hope your mummy gets to go one day soon

7. February 2, 2016 / 7:10 pm

Looks like you’re having an amazing time. I would love to go to Prague.

• February 2, 2016 / 7:15 pm

I am thanks Eve, it was nice seeing Prague

8. February 2, 2016 / 7:04 pm

What a great idea to do, although not sure I would be able to do it with kids. I would so love t visit Prague, I have heard it is a beautiful city

• February 2, 2016 / 7:14 pm

It’s so beautiful and you can take it as a family getaway there are some amazing deals at the moment

9. February 2, 2016 / 7:02 pm

I would love to go to Prague one day and sample the cuisine and explore the culture. How cold is it out there at the moment do you know?

• February 2, 2016 / 7:14 pm

It was -18 when we were there but it was lovely and snowy. You should definitely give it a visit

10. February 2, 2016 / 6:53 pm

I am super jealous as always! It looks like you have had some great times already and you still have loads more trips left to take!

• February 2, 2016 / 7:13 pm

One of these days I will take you with me SIL

11. Janine BakeGlueandTrend
    February 2, 2016 / 1:22 pm

What a great p;an, you have inspired me to do something similar!! I have been to Prague a couple of times now and absolutely love it, off to read your post about it now. I also have been to Kaunas too and love that place, I had a really fun weekend there a couple of years ago.

• February 2, 2016 / 1:23 pm

Glad to hear that, I love Kaunas big time and loved Prague too

12. February 2, 2016 / 12:04 pm

Prague sounds really fantastic and this is how i planned my holidays. i had a fab time when i visited different places in europe! Your post reminds me of my travels. Angela x

• February 2, 2016 / 12:17 pm

Thanks Angela, Prague was awesome and I can not wait to explore more of Europe

13. February 2, 2016 / 11:46 am

this is such a great idea …. i would like to follow this tag session too … I love exploring things

• February 2, 2016 / 12:16 pm

I thought the same too and thought I try it out myself

14. February 2, 2016 / 8:00 am

This sounds like my kind of planning, it is lovely to visit different places. There are so many places I want to see. Have fun exploring x

• February 2, 2016 / 8:14 am

Thanks Cathy, I didn’t know how much I loved traveling until I started

15. February 2, 2016 / 7:54 am

Such an absolutely fantastic thing to do! It must be handy living on the mainland and having access to affordable flights. Where I live it adds an extra few hundred pounds just to get to the mainland, if the flight goes at all!

• February 2, 2016 / 8:13 am

Oh dear, hope things change in the future and yes it is thanks