{Travel} Weekend Getaway to Paris

So I got to tick this one off my bucketlist – Travel Edit. I made it to Paris and had so much fun, I don’t know why I was waiting to go with someone when I could do it all by myself and glad I have done it. If there is one piece of advice I would give my readers is do not wait on something or someone to accomplish your goals. Don’t wait for good luck and fortunate to come find you, instead go chase it. It is such a great feeling to accomplish something by yourself without depending on anyone.

I took the Eurostar from London Pancras to Paris, I arrived in Paris on Friday evening and had no time to do anything except travel to my hotel which was located in Torcy (Zone 5 of Paris). Eurostar was running a deal a few weeks back to travel to Paris for £29.99 (single) which was a huge bargain since normally there prices start from £69.99 (single). I jumped on the opportunity and there I went, I have read books about Paris and I have seen the movies but I can not even being to describe the feeling of when I actually arrived in Paris and started to explore on my own.

Weekend Getaway to Paris

As I mentioned, I had no time to explore the night that I arrived and on Saturday I had a date with Disneyland Paris which left me with only Sunday to explore and take in everything that is Paris. I did not want to rush the few hours I had left in Paris before returning back to London so I decided to see what I see and not have any sort of plan except I definitely had to see the Louvre museum and the Eiffel tower.

Sunday morning came, I left Torcy and googled my way to Auber station using the RER A train line where I was greeted by the Academie Nationale De Musique building. Founded in 1996, the Paris Academy of Music offers young universities, colleges and conservatories practice together classical music.

Academie Nationale De Musique

Academie Nationale De Musique view from Auber station

After admiring the Academie Nationale De Musique building and the weather taking a turn I felt it was best to take the tour bus instead of walking to the Lourve Museum which was not too far but with my backpack it looked a bit grim. I had dreamed of this moment when I was visit the Lourve and what feelings I would have. I had to stop for a minute and just take it all in, there were a lot of people outside and many queueing to enter the museum. As I am mostly a spectator of the architect than a museum lover I took to the sights and that was enough for me for this occasion.

Lourve Museum

Lourve Museum

After enjoying the Lourve Musuem surroundings, I knew it was time to explore further afield otherwise I would have been there all day (happily at that). So I took a walk from the Museum all the way to the Arc De Triomphe, which for those who’ve been to Paris before know it’s quite a walk but one that I enjoyed as I managed to take in more of Paris that on the bus and tasted some vendor foods which was delicious. It was quite interesting trying to take a picture of Arc De Triomphe because of where it’s located.

Arc De Triomphe

Arc De Triomphe

From the Arc De Triomphe I got back on the tour bus and headed for the Eiffel Tower, I this point I was giggling like a kid. I couldn’t quite believe that I was in Paris and now heading to the Eiffel Tower. I often dreamed that the first time I would head to the Eiffel Tower would be when a boy friend who would be secretly planning on proposing (well a girl can dream). So instead of only dreaming about the Eiffel Tower, I decided to go and see it for myself. The beauty and the magnitude of the tower was too incredible. So many people had gathered (most for the football), the lovers, the dreamers (aka me). It is an incredible sight, I was definitely reminded of how small I am.

Eiffel Tower

Eiffel Tower, Paris

Eiffel Tower

Eiffel Tower

I was able to see a few more places in Paris like the Eglise De La Madeleine, Place de ClichyCathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris and Place de la concorde just to mention a few. I had the best time exploring Paris, I can not wait to go back again and this time take time with each of the places I visited and maybe see more of Paris.

Eglise De La Madeleine

Eglise De La Madeleine

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris

Have you ever been to Paris? What did you think of it (outside what we’ve seen in movies)?

1. July 13, 2016 / 1:07 am

Love love LOVE that you took yourself on this amazing adventure! And at such a bargain price. Paris is one of my favourite cities to wander around as it really feels like magic is around every corner. So glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for sharing!

Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN HQ

• July 13, 2016 / 10:00 am

Thanks so much Leigh, I am glad I took myself too as waiting on people I would get wrinkles lol

2. July 10, 2016 / 2:59 pm

I am desperate to go to Paris but hubby just isn’t getting my hints! Looks like a beautiful city

• July 10, 2016 / 3:07 pm

Hahaha, I think a mini treat for you in is order then. Lol

3. July 10, 2016 / 12:33 pm

I’d love to go to Paris and have a proper look around.
    I’ve been through but not stopped properly (oh and I’ve been to Disney but I’m not sure I can say that’s really Paris!)

• July 10, 2016 / 12:38 pm

You should definitely give it a good visit. I hope you enjoyed Disney though and it’s a touch of Paris lol

4. July 8, 2016 / 10:27 pm

I’ve been there when I was younger. Went with my family and had a lovely time. So true what you said, you better take advantage of those opportunities instead of waiting for the right “train”. Now that I have my own family it would be a good excuse to visit it again! 🙂 xx

• July 10, 2016 / 7:34 am

Thanks Eliana, it’s always important to take hold of the opportunities as they present themselves

5. July 8, 2016 / 9:27 pm

I went to Paris with my daughter a while back and all these photos reminded me of our own adventure! 🙂 Angela from Daysinbed

• July 10, 2016 / 7:34 am

Awww it must have been lovely to go with your daughter

6. July 8, 2016 / 8:18 pm

Looks like you had a great time in Paris (beautiful photos) I also love to travel by Eurostar!

• July 10, 2016 / 7:33 am

I did and thanks Mel

7. July 8, 2016 / 5:07 pm

Lovely advice, and so true – the best bit is you get to do what you want to do all weekend x

• July 8, 2016 / 5:08 pm

Thanks Gillian so much

8. July 8, 2016 / 4:35 pm

I have never been to Paris. I am sure that this will change one day, but I would love to go without the kids. A romantic get away with the hubby! x

• July 8, 2016 / 4:36 pm

I think it will happen and such a lovely thought

9. July 8, 2016 / 1:47 pm

I’m determind to be able to go to Paris for the weekend one day its a place ive always wanted to go.

• July 8, 2016 / 4:27 pm

And I hope your determination pays off as its such a lovely city

10. July 8, 2016 / 12:47 pm

I have always wanted to go a trip by myself and I am so impressed that you did this! Will you consider doing a post on disneyland paris? I would love to hear about it from a solo traveller point of view 🙂

• July 8, 2016 / 4:27 pm

Yes I am actually drafting the post and should be live this weekend or early next week

11. July 8, 2016 / 12:16 pm

Sounds like you had a thoroughly enjoyable visit. I love Paris, I haven’t been for a few years and long overdue a return visit. I agree with you re: your first experience of the Eiffel Tower, it is breathtaking:)

• July 8, 2016 / 4:26 pm

Thanks Lisa, it was remarkable and I can’t wait to go back

12. July 7, 2016 / 10:42 am

Paris has never really been somewhere I have felt I need to visit, but given it is so close to the UK, it feels as though I should x

• July 7, 2016 / 11:13 am