{Fashion Monday} Embrace the season

Embrace the season was the heading for one of the emails I received. Now currently it’s winter and it can be real hard to try to embrace the season when you’re constantly freezing. I have spoken many times on the blog, I am not a fun of winter. Being a summer baby has that effect on me, I prefer to dress less than in layers. Prefer slippers, sandals to boots though I do love my recent additions of boots too much. It did take me a while to think of Fashionable ways I could embrace the season {winter} without complaining.

Ways to embrace the season this winter

• Drinking lots of hot chocolate
  • Sleeping with my electric blanket on
  • Snuggling up on the sofa watching movies
  • Exercising at home or at the gym
  • Dressing up in snuggling and warm boots
  • Layering* (though I am not a fun of layering I am embracing it)
Embrace the season

There are so many ways one can embrace the season this winter. As a self-proclaimed fashion blogger, it calls to my inner fashionista to create outfits that embrace winter. Obviously my New Beginnings outfit left something to be desired (open toes), this week I am thinking warmth.

I finally decided what to use my £100’s worth of points at work, I got £25 new look card, M&S, Amazon and Argos. All cards that I need for something specific and for the New Look card, I purchased this Grey Belted Longline Coat. I have a blue one from Anastasia so made sense to add this to my collection, besides grey is awesome in winter. What I love about this coat is that it’s a perfect length, very warm and had deep pockets which is perfect in winter.

To embrace the season and keep the outfit simple was an easy feat for me, I am all about comfortable and simple outfits. Because I work 9-5, I am always in doors 90% of the time during the week and only get to dress chilled over the weekend. Though rare, when I am out and about or traveling over the weekend you will certainly find me in jeans. Jeans are so easy to wear, can be styled up or down and can be worn practically anywhere. That’s why I chose them and my new coat as the way I was going to embrace the season.

How are you going to embrace the season this winter?

1. Mrs.AOK
    January 15, 2017 / 6:23 pm

I love this look! Thank you for sharing with us at #MMBH, pinning this to our board. 🙂
    XO

2. TColeman
    January 13, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Winter is one of my favorite seasons to put together outfits. Everything is so cozy and warm!

3. Robin Rue
    January 13, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Winter here is definitely chilly. I love to keep my boots stylish though and so those are perfect.

4. Krystle Cook
    January 13, 2017 / 2:52 pm

I am in love with this whole look! I really need a jacket like that to complete my winter wardrobe.

5. January 12, 2017 / 11:22 pm

Wow that coat is so gorgeous. I love the jeans and boots too. I’m embracing the season by spending a lot more time reading in front of the fire. I do miss summer so much though. x

6. January 12, 2017 / 12:18 pm

That jumper is just amazing and I live in my ripped jeans at the moment a great outfit that I would certainly wear myself

7. January 12, 2017 / 5:15 am

These are all looks beautiful and I love the winter coat perfect for our place. I love your suggestions

8. January 11, 2017 / 8:07 pm

I really do not like winter at all but these are some ways to make it more enjoyable. I love making different variations of hot chocolate.

9. January 11, 2017 / 11:40 am

I like winter fashion, although with all the layering it costs twice as much as my summer wardrobe. I’m starting to regret all the hot chocolate I have been drinking throughout autumn and winter now, a few of my clothes are getting a bit snug! I love the shoes in you’ve picked out in your post.

10. January 11, 2017 / 9:54 am

I am a big fan of hot chocolate and big heavy coats. I love being able to snuggle on the sofa with my hot water bottle and watch a movie

11. January 11, 2017 / 8:42 am

I kinda like layering, I love winter fashion. The outfit you’ve put together is gorgeous, that jumper with the bow… wow!

12. CourtneyLynne Storms
    January 11, 2017 / 4:39 am

Ooooo loving you suggestions!!! I’ve been all about long coats this winter

13. January 11, 2017 / 4:34 am

It’s great to maximize what fun you can do while the winter is here! I think these are lovely ideas and who doesn’t want to be stylish as well, right!

14. January 10, 2017 / 7:31 pm

We’ve been lighting the fireplace on the cold nights but I can’t believe we’ve been forgetting about hot chocolate. This is going to be a priority now.

15. C. Poly
    January 10, 2017 / 5:14 pm

I’m not crazy about the shirt, but the rest of this outfit is drool worthy!

16. Chi
    January 10, 2017 / 2:27 pm

Definitely have to embrace the season! Hot chocolate is perfect for winter, isn’t it? Happy winter!

17. January 10, 2017 / 1:25 pm

I adore that grey longline coat my friend has the same one. Although I don’t like the cold I do love layering in winter x

18. Talya Stone
    January 10, 2017 / 11:52 am

Yes to hot chocolate! And sleeping with an electric blanket has to be the ultimate winter luxury doesn’t it?

19. Karlyn Cruz
    January 10, 2017 / 11:27 am

Yes! We should embrace the season. The coat is really my style, and gray is one of my favorite color, it’s stylish and unique.

20. January 10, 2017 / 11:19 am

I am embracing snuggling up under the covers with candles burning and a hot chocolate. I love layering so this isn’t an issue for me x

21. January 10, 2017 / 9:23 am

Love the ensemble, especially the boots. And I will certainly go with the drinking hot chocolate part as well!

22. Blair Villanueva
    January 10, 2017 / 3:59 am

Am eyeing for your grey belted longline coat! Add a crystal glamorous brooch and it will look different 😊 And the fabric looks amazing.

23. Valerie CottageMakingMommy
    January 10, 2017 / 3:21 am

Yeah I’m going to be needing the coat, the boots, the scarf and the sunglasses. How cute. I so want them.

24. Jennifer Parker-Gilbert
    January 10, 2017 / 3:18 am

That grey belted longline coat is gorgeous! I like to embrace the season with hot chocolate and snuggling under blankets on the couch, as well.

25. Briana Marie
    January 10, 2017 / 12:55 am

I’ve definitely been embracing the winter with lots of hot chocolate and green tea. I would like to do more snuggling under a warm blanket while watching a good movie.And I’m doing my Yoga at home 3 days per week instead of going out to the group classes at my gym. I don’t like having to go out in the cold much. Lol.

26. Rose Mont
    January 10, 2017 / 12:54 am

I sadly do not have a electric blanket but I’m sure if I did I would never leave it. I saw one last year that worked with rechargeable batteries. I’m always cold so I don’t need winter to help me dress in layers or sweaters. I love some hot chocolate. I should go on a mission to find our who has the best cup!

27. T-Nicole Johnson
    January 9, 2017 / 11:08 pm

I will be embracing this winter under my warm blanket. I also plan to drink lots of hot chocolate and chai tea.

28. TheMummyToolbox
    January 9, 2017 / 10:47 pm

I definitely need to embrace this season more! I love the style of the coat and the boots! shoes are always my favorite purchase!

29. January 9, 2017 / 8:48 pm

Yes indeed on the hot cocoa and heating blanket. I love all of your tips and that top is absolutely adorable, loving the coat too.

30. January 9, 2017 / 8:19 pm

I love that coat. So gorgeous! I’ve always liked the long coats.

31. Ola Broom
    January 9, 2017 / 7:42 pm

Ok so I seriously need that sweatshirt with the bow tie. That is So me. I’ll have to do a little digging to find it.

32. Clara Myers
    January 9, 2017 / 7:40 pm

I could definitely embrace that grey coat. It’s amazing and so stylish.

33. January 9, 2017 / 6:15 pm

I am not good with layers either. I should be because it is really cold here in Wisconsin. I am definitely trying to embrace the season by not complaining as much about the weather. I hate the cold but I am trying to appreciate the good things about Winter.

34. tara pittman
    January 9, 2017 / 6:08 pm

I tend to drink more coffee and tea in the winter. I also keep my soft warm robe on all day

35. Maryanne
    January 9, 2017 / 3:51 pm

Love a warm tea in front of the fireplace!

36. January 9, 2017 / 3:45 pm

I used to exercise a lot during the winter because it keeps me hot and thirsty, so I can still drink the right amount of water needed every single day.

37. Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog.
    January 9, 2017 / 2:22 pm

I am definitely embracing the season because we’ve got lots of snow days! Hahaha 🙂 I haven’t left my apartment. I’m just curled up next to my space heater 🙂

38. Amy Shellman
    January 9, 2017 / 1:57 pm

Getting cozy on the couch with my laptop or a good book is how i generally spend my down time in winter.. I do love every item you have pictured too!! They are gorg. Love the coat!

39. January 9, 2017 / 1:39 pm

I am with you on the drinking hot chocolate one. I do that. Panera Bread has an AMAZING one. I also love snuggling on the sofa.

40. Ave T
    January 9, 2017 / 12:08 pm

Drinking lots of hot chocolate is a really good way to embrace the winter for sure! I really love that sweatshirt with a gigant bow! Super cute!