Beauty Tips To Consider When You Go To A Job Interview

As most people know, first impressions are really important when it comes to a job interview. You need proper gesture, clothing and even the makeup you choose is going to have an impact. It is really important that you prepare yourself for the interview. The editors at CT offer some really useful beauty tips that you can definitely take into account. They will make you feel better and the first impression you make will definitely be better.

Get A Good Sleep

Getting enough sleep is always going to be important. If you do not sleep enough you will be faced with the appearance of red eyes and puffy eyes. These, together with dark eyes become completely unavoidable. A good idea if you have them is to use ice cubes.

Natural Makeup

When you apply makeup and go to a job interview the really important thing to remember is that you have to keep everything as natural as you can. Tone foundation so that it perfectly fits your skin type! It needs to be really similar to natural skin tone so that mask effects are avoided. Foundation is going to help cover up all the imperfections you may have so consider that to feel even better.

Beauty tips
Eyeshadow

Choosing eyeshadow is a good idea but you have to be a little careful. Neutral options are better and you have to always avoid glitter since it is way too much for a job interview. Eyeliners should be added together with mascara but everything should be light.

Lipstick

Obviously for women lipstick is really important. It brightens up appearance. The problem is that you want to be sure that you do not use bright contrasting colors like orange, purple or bright red. Nude lipstick tones and light pink can be pretty interesting and will make you look more professional.

Hair Style

Hair style will always play a pretty important role in the overall appearance you have. It is a good idea to avoid the fancy styles and you want to be sure hair will be smooth. If the hair looks really bad, like a mess, and you go to a job interview, the impression you make will definitely not be great. Hair should be smooth and you can use essential oils to obtain this in a truly natural way.

Wearing Perfume

It is definitely something you will want to wear. It is a good idea to opt for something that will smell sweet as opposed to perfume that is too strong.

beauty tips

Getting Ready For The Interview

All the tips offered above are going to help in making you feel better and look better before the job interview. Do not dismiss the tips since they are much more effective than what people think. We all need to feel great in order to make a very good impression. You will be much more confident when you look great, which is definitely what you want. The job interview is not at all difficult to handle when you have the confidence to have normal conversations.

1. February 11, 2017 / 4:29 pm

Thanks for these beauty tips. I work from home for now but I can definitely use these tips in the future when I decide to get a job outside.

2. Lexi Jackson
    February 11, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Great beauty tips. Not really related to this particular article, but I really like your instagram photos!

3. February 10, 2017 / 11:14 pm

Yes to all of this, as a person involved in the interview process I appreciate this post. I’m always surprised at how man people don’t know this information.

4. Beautyqueenuk
    February 10, 2017 / 7:33 pm

Some really good tips and I would always say sensible shoes, you don’t want to be waddling into a room x

5. Clairejustineo
    February 10, 2017 / 12:50 pm

Great tips. I got dressed up and I though I looked perfect for an interview last year. My mum said don’t wear your favourite red lipstick and nail varnish, but I did as it gives me confidence. I never got the job, maybe this is where I went wrong, I will wear not as bright next time!! Thanks for the tips.

6. fashion-mommy
    February 10, 2017 / 10:42 am

I think natural make up but still looking groomed and confident is the way to go.

7. Gym Bunny Mummy
    February 10, 2017 / 9:03 am

How you look definitely helps with the confidence, although I keep my make up as I would be my every day style. Although I wouldn’t go for a bright red lipstick for an interview I’d still go for my style with a darker shade rather than keeping everything too basic

8. February 10, 2017 / 8:32 am

I agree with all these tips. Simple natural makeup is the best for interviews.

9. OhNikka
    February 10, 2017 / 4:46 am

Always get your questions in order and look the part’ I love your tips!!

10. Eloise Maoudj Riley
    February 10, 2017 / 4:27 am

love the tips… I do believe that you feel how you look, so if you’re going to an interview and want the job as well as to come across as strong, capable and respectful then you should look the part. your tips are definitely on point!

11. February 10, 2017 / 3:17 am

These are all great beauty tips for a job interview!! Great post!!

12. Jennifer Van Huss
    February 10, 2017 / 1:25 am

Great tips! I always get so nervous before a job interview!! I love the idea about wearing a sweet smelling but not over powering perfume. Its like baking cookies to sell a house. You want the buyer or future boss to enjoy!

13. TheNewClassy
    February 10, 2017 / 12:33 am

There was someone I knew that went to a job interview dressed like someone from “Straight Outta Compton.” Needless to say, the interviewers weren’t impressed. He didn’t get the job.

14. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    February 9, 2017 / 8:04 pm

Really great tips for interviews. It’s really important to make a good impression

15. Ickle Pickle
    February 9, 2017 / 7:41 pm

Great tips – I can’t remember the last time I had an interview. Kaz x

16. Shannon Graham
    February 9, 2017 / 7:09 pm

I am the worst about getting good sleep before anything big and important like this. I keep going over everything in my head, haha.

17. February 9, 2017 / 6:52 pm

Less is definitely more when going for a job interview – although a lot depends on your industry. If you’re customer-facing then you won’t be able to get away with as much as a creative office role for example!

18. Rebecca Swenor
    February 9, 2017 / 4:02 pm

These are all great beauty tips to think about before going to a job interview. You want to look your best so a little make-up never hurt anyone and your hair has to fit the profession I believe. If you are wearing perfume make sure it is not to overwhelming. Thanks for sharing the tips.

19. chubskulit
    February 9, 2017 / 2:01 pm

Great tips especially for a person like me who abandoned the corporate world for a dozen of years now. Thank you!

20. Paula Bendfeldt-Diaz
    February 9, 2017 / 11:41 am

Such great tips! For me look good for a job interview is so important not only because it’s important to give a great first impression and look professional but also because looking good makes me feel so much more confident which helps me do better at interviews.

21. Tracy Morgan
    February 9, 2017 / 10:28 am

What great tips! Totally agree that neutral and more subdued tones are the way to success!

22. February 9, 2017 / 10:19 am

Natural look for any job interviews are always better for sure. I love the ice cube tips for your eyes. 😀 Will have to try that one soon.

23. February 9, 2017 / 9:16 am

I totally agree with the natural look, you don’t want to look too over the top so I always tend to stick to neutral eyeshadow and a nude lipstick x

24. Annemarie LeBlanc
    February 9, 2017 / 3:55 am

I agree with the “natural no make up” make up look. Business casual attire is acceptable, but no to strong perfumes. Relax, get a good night’s sleep, and have breakfast! A grumbling tummy won’t help you think straight.

25. February 9, 2017 / 12:52 am

I think less is more. You don’t want to seem overly done. Natural colors, creams, etc are the way to go 🙂

26. Melanie Edjourian
    February 8, 2017 / 9:34 pm

I think the natural look is best. Plastering on make up never looks good. I would always advise an early night before an interview.

27. February 8, 2017 / 2:51 pm

NATURAL is always best. I got my make up done yesterday and I asked the artist “what’s your one tip when it comes to make up” and she said the exact same thing! 🙂

28. Candy Kage
    February 8, 2017 / 1:37 pm

Wonderful ideas. Never go heavy on the makeup or fancy hairstyle. I leave off the perfume never know if the person or persons could be allergic.

29. Robin Rue
    February 8, 2017 / 1:25 pm

I don’t wear makeup, so for me, getting a good nights sleep is super important. I like to look well rested.

30. Alli Smith
    February 8, 2017 / 1:19 pm

I’ve interviewed many applicants in my career and I have to say that there were times when I thought, “What were they thinking” when it came to the way they were dressed. If perfume is overpowering, it’s a definite turnoff. I have a strong sense of smell and I can’t stand it when someone overdoes the perfume.