Brighten up your home this winter

Brighten up your home this winter with changes that not only make your home more beautiful but improve your health. It’s no secret that in the UK we could do with more Vitamin D but it’s hard to achieve without the sun. Yes we can take supplements but that’s not nearly enough so why not try these home improvements ideas. Some of the ideas shared might cause a dent in your wallet but would be so worth it for your overall health. Though as a renter I am limited to changes that I can make, that has now stopped me from trying. So how can you brighten up your home this winter?

brighten up your home

How to Brighten up your home this winter #Renters

As mentioned already, I am a renter and that comes with limitations on what I can do to my apartment. But do not fret fellow renters I am sharing two ideas that can help you brighten your home this winter.

• Add some colour

Bright colours have always been associated with summer and that makes most of us happy. Just by such simple acts we can make ourselves happier and healthier. You can add some colourful cushions either in your bedroom or living room. I love having colourful piece in my office space as well which always improves my mood when I am feeling stressed.

• Bring your garden indoors

Though I have no green fingers and always kill my plans, I always love the idea of bringing your garden inside. At the moment I have a couple of orchids which have not died but then again orchids are low maintainance.

How to Brighten up your home this winter #Homeowners

Homeowners have more options available to be able to do some home improvements. Though money might be an issue for some, I think an investment in your home can only be a good thing. Since we moved into our family home over 10 years ago, my parents have made some worth while improvements. Improvements that have helped increase the value of our home, the ideas below would help do just that.

A Roof Latern is a sure way of getting natural light into any space, improves your chances of getting a daily dose of vitamin D. Roof lanterns dramatically enhance the appearance of any room they are installed in and lights every corner of that room. Roof Lanterns make it easier to brighten up your home this winter both during the day and night-time. The glow of the moon would definitely enhance the features of any room.

• Add a conservatory

Weather a semi-detached or detached house, most of us have space for a conservatory which would add more space to your home. For most of us outside our bedrooms we don’t have ‘relaxing rooms’ and a conservatory can be exactly just that. If you’re looking to have more space in your home, you could add bifolding doors between livingroom and conservatory.

*Collaborative

1. February 24, 2017 / 2:56 am

What a beautiful room! I love a bright decor. So comforting to me!

2. February 16, 2017 / 12:45 am

Great ideas of bringing bright colors to Winter! I really love pastel colors any season so this works well for me 🙂

3. Valerie CottageMakingMommy
    February 14, 2017 / 9:40 pm

I love light, especially during Winter time. I use pillows and any type of seasonal decor I can to brighten up my space. Inexpensive tablecloths help too.

4. Nisha Syam
    February 14, 2017 / 3:51 pm

I am fond of changing my interiors. Thanks for the tips to brighten up the interior.

5. Deimarys
    February 14, 2017 / 3:25 pm

I really love your ideas. I am currently looking to decorate my living room and need some inspiration.

6. February 14, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Love your space. I love when it’s nice and bright in the home from natural light. Love your ideas.

7. sauumye
    February 13, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Love this post! I’m a renter myself & always find myself at a dilemma esp at IKEA because I can’t use a lot of things there to make the loft look like my personal space

8. Felicia
    February 13, 2017 / 5:36 pm

I love this post! These are some really great tips to make your house brighter and filled with light. I think I’ll use the tip to bring the garden inside.

9. Ance
    February 13, 2017 / 4:34 pm

I love this space in the first picture also i liked Bring your garden indoors, great tips. I love bright colors at my home, it looks more clean and more positive !

10. Ola Broom
    February 12, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Being a small space home décor blogger, OF COURSE this article caught my attention. I live the idea of starting a small conservatory in your home. I’ve been anticipating doing that myself.

11. February 12, 2017 / 1:45 am

I love these ideas! I am a HUGE fan of a bright house, so I need to do this. Dark houses make me tired.

12. Deimarys
    February 11, 2017 / 9:10 pm

I am always looking for ideas to decorate my apartment. Thanks

13. Nikki L