{Fashion Monday} Styling a frill trim long sleeved shirt

long sleeve shirt

Last week whilst I was enjoying some retail therapy when I stumbled upon a lovely long sleeved frill trim shirt in yellow. Not sure why but somehow I fell in love with the shirt and thought it would be perfect for work. I have preached many times about how I am loving adding colour to my wardrobe. This yellow grill trim shirt is the second shirt in its colour on my wardrobe (the third is being donated). And whilst I had no clue how I was gonna style the shirt I knew I would love it either way.

Spring has sprung but there are days when it feels like winter is still lurking but it’s to be expected with British weather. So I figured wearing long sleeved shirts is still in fashion and one can do damage with them. The menopausal British weather is one to watch with a pinch of salt regardless of what the Met office says. One minute you could be enjoying the sunshine and next you’re running for cover or even need to cover up. Hence why this yellow frill trim long sleeved shirt from New Look is exactly what is required.

What I love about the shirt is it’s light in texture and very fitting depending on your size. I choose 14 due to my bust area and love how it doesn’t tug in my armpits nor crease on the front. The product description from New look is;

• Rounded neckline
  • Frill trim
  • Simple long sleeves
  • Button back fastening
  • Crepe texture
  • Casual fit that is true to size

Styling a yellow frill trim long sleeved shirt

For me styling this shirt was a no brainer and decided it would look real good on something black. When most of us dare to try colours, we don’t go all out instead we calm it down and black does that. Yes this shirt pops on its own but the black helps it to be more digestible for many to dare. I thought of two outfits I could try with this top and already tested one out. And that is pairing with a skirt for a date or pairing with black denim for work or running errands. However you choose to style this frill trimmed shirt, remember that your entire outfits focal point is the shirt itself. Not wanting to take too much attention away from the shirt, with the skirt I paired with half boots. And for the denim jeans I paired with ankle boots because it’s spring with a chance of rain in my neck of the woods.

How would you style a yellow frill trim long sleeved shirt? Is yellow a staple in your closet?

1. Gábor Van Tolna
    April 25, 2017 / 3:21 am

It looks like a very cool outfit/style for spring. I will suggest it to my girlfriend…

2. Aareeba Mohammed
    April 22, 2017 / 9:17 pm

loved all your picks, this would definitely make a perfect out fit

3. Nichole Freeman
    April 22, 2017 / 11:05 am

I love the yellow and black. It makes a great look with the different pieces displayed

4. lexhan
    April 22, 2017 / 12:32 am

good picks and concept, always good to try new things and style up your way.

5. April 21, 2017 / 11:11 am

Lovely combination with just a dash of colour and easy to wear in multiple ways basics.

6. Frosted Events
    April 20, 2017 / 9:17 pm

Such a good tips and ideas these are all looks great and a perfect outfit!

7. April 20, 2017 / 8:52 pm

Love the colour of the blouse – adds a bit of colour to the day!

8. April 20, 2017 / 6:51 am

Great ideas dear! I love where the mules with the entire look – so so cute!

9. Angela Milnes
    April 20, 2017 / 3:48 am

What a good tips and such a great selection of outfits and perfect for this season, Glad you share this

10. April 20, 2017 / 3:13 am

The black boot is right up my alley in the style department. And, I like that it has a bit of a heel. I used to have a yellow shirt a long time ago that I really liked. But now that I think of it, I don’t think yellow is really in my closet much.

11. April 19, 2017 / 11:18 pm

Ahhh retail therapy. The term my wife uses about once a week when she comes home with a crapload of bags in her hands.. lol

12. April 19, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Such a lovely outfit you’ve got here. I always have a hard time putting together ruffles and other pieces from my closet.

13. Kelly Hutchinson
    April 19, 2017 / 9:10 pm

Yellow is such a hard color to pull together in an outfit. You did it beautifully!

14. Wendy Lee
    April 19, 2017 / 6:45 pm

What a great outfit! Having that dash of yellow to offset, perfect! Great for anywhere you want!

15. April 19, 2017 / 6:23 pm

I’ve always love a little pop of color. Perfect for the season!

16. Leigh Anne Borders
    April 19, 2017 / 6:14 pm

Love the color of yellow. It adds such a fun pop of color and is so spring summer. Love the idea of the ruffles too.

17. Manouk van Zwam
    April 19, 2017 / 4:53 pm

Yellow is such a nice color! It certainly gives a spring/summer feeling although it might not always feel that way!

18. FussFreeJen
    April 19, 2017 / 7:59 am

I am liking the frills of ruffles of the season very much. That said, some are a little much, and not too flattering. But this one is fab, casual enough for everyday wear. Great outfit.

19. Homemade for Elle
    April 19, 2017 / 4:12 am

Thanks for the tips! The whole outfit put together is perfect!

20. Lorraine
    April 19, 2017 / 4:07 am

Cute shirt! It’s definitely spring and we are all bringing out very bright and vibrant colors. As the temperature increases our clothes will become even bolder and brighter.

21. April 19, 2017 / 2:49 am

I’m so bad about adding color to my wardrobe! I love the yellow top though and would love to try to add that color to my wardrobe.