How to get rid of scars

Scars are normally as a result of damaged or injury to the skin beyond the first layer. When skin gets damaged the protective mechanism within the body airs to repair the damage. How the skin repairs itself depends on the injury or damage the skin has endured. There are many articles on the web that give excellent tips on how to get rid of scars. Personally I feel if the scar doesn’t interfere with your daily life or confidence then let it be. But that’s not always the case for other people, for some visiting a plastic surgery clinic can be the answer.

When I was young I had this thought that every person had to have a scar since I had one on my knee. To be honest I never thought about it and always considered it to be part of me. Soon I realize that not everyone has a scar on their knees something happened to me. It’s a long and personal story so I wont bore you with the details of how I got it. But I am told I have had it since I was 3-months old, I am pained for my baby self.

Scars

Being Insecure

Having the scar on my knee had never bothered me until someone pointed it out to me. I became self-conscious and somehow found myself Being Insecure. Don’t get me wrong I have not taken any drastic decisions to have the scar removed. But there are days where I think I wonder how I would look without a scar on my knee. Sure it’s not easily visible unless you’re looking for it but someone noticed it and that changed me.

Lately I have been thinking, we come a long way in the medical community with so many technological advances. I am sure there is a surgery free treatment for scars out there I just need to find it. After reading up on the subject I thought I share how to get rid of scars treatment options.

How to get rid of scars

Scars come in different sizes and types, those who’ve had severe acne sometimes this leaves scars. A burn scar is contracture, these are tight scars which can be nerve deep. Other types can be hypertrophic or Keloid kind of scars which are as a result of aggressive healing. To get rid of scars you could use;

• Natural remedies; use lemon to remove dead skin. Aloe Vera is also good for removing dead skin and reducing skin irritations.
  • Consider surgery; grafts, excision or laser surgery
  • Use OTC medications like ointments and gels
  • Use steroid {or even collage} injections; especially popular with Keloid and Hypertrophic scars.

Some of the research {googling} I did even suggest coconut Shea butter can help too with scars. I am all open to trying these different tips on how to get rid of scars but I am not naive either. Some of them might work and some might not, I need to understand the type of scar I have first. After that I can then review what would work for me or not.

*Collaborative

1. May 26, 2017 / 3:58 am

I’m proud of my scars and wouldn’t remove them. I’d understand if I had them in more noticeable places though.

2. May 24, 2017 / 4:24 pm

I can totally get where you’re coming from. I also feel conscious on my scar when I was in High School but after a while I realized it doesn’t matter anymore.

3. Deborah Nicholas
    May 24, 2017 / 8:21 am

Having just had surgery to remove my gall bladder this is a great post as I have 3 incision marks to try and hide.

4. christopher mitchell
    May 23, 2017 / 7:21 am

Everyone has a few of them, thanks for bringing this to my attention!

5. Blair Villanueva
    May 22, 2017 / 8:20 am

I have a scar in my right foot. Got it when I had my vehicular accident when I was 5years old. Now it is a clear reminder to me to always observe my surroundings while crossing the road.

6. May 21, 2017 / 4:36 pm

I have a scar that’s shaped like a satellite on my knee. I used to avoid wearing shorts and skirts because I don’t like it when people see my scar and ask about it. Lol. I eventually got over it and started wearing whatever it is that I was in the mood for the day.

7. Louise Smith
    May 20, 2017 / 2:59 am

This was a really interesting read. I’ve got a fair few scars, but they don’t annoy me too much at the moment, so I’m happy to live with them 🙂

Louise x

8. May 19, 2017 / 10:57 pm

I never really thought about getting rid of my scars. They don’t bother me whatsoever. I see them more as a story to tell.

9. Ickle Pickle
    May 19, 2017 / 9:00 pm

Luckily I only have my appendix and a caesarean scar which no one sees! Great post 🙂 Kaz x

10. Anamika Ojha
    May 19, 2017 / 8:08 pm

Great tips! I’ve also heard that coconut Shea butter works best for the scars and aloe vera helps in rejuvenating skin!

11. May 19, 2017 / 5:22 pm

I have a few scars from my younger days but I never really cared when someone points them out to me. Every scar I have has a story on their own and it reminded me of my adventures and misadventures as a child. So, I’m fine with my scars. 🙂

• May 19, 2017 / 7:58 pm

Glad to hear that but when you have one the size that I have a location it can sometimes get you down

12. David Elliott
    May 19, 2017 / 4:41 pm

Scars are difficult things. Whatever type of scars you may have. I know that sometimes we don’t notice things until someone else points them out to us. It’s kind of a sad truth.

• May 19, 2017 / 7:58 pm

That’s exactly what happened to me, it never bothered both someone pointed it out to me