{5} Five Reasons why Bucharest should be your next getaway

Like many Eastern European cities, Bucharest is an unsung city that has plenty to offer. Whether you spend a weekend (like I did) or a week, you will enjoy your visit. If the top 10 places to visit in Bucharest was not convincing enough here are five reasons why Bucharest should be your next getaway.

Why Bucharest should be your next getaway

It’s Cheap, like many Eastern European cities Bucharest is cheap like really cheap. I was able to purchase so many items that I wouldn’t otherwise have bothered with in oxford. The food is just as cheap too which was a highlight for me because I love to eat.

Amazing weather, whilst it rained for an hour during my visit it was still amazingly warm. Summer is around the corner but the temperatures are already high enough for sunbathers to be out.

It’s really Beautiful, honestly I wasn’t sure what to expect when it came to this city. I am glad to have been pleasantly surprised and totally impressed by the city, the culture and the people. It did take a moment for the older generation to stop staring at this black young man strolling alone.

History on communism in Bucharest this is not something hidden but well covered. There are many communist buildings around and tours offering you the chance to learn about communism. This does not define the city today but gives you a perspective on what it was like back then. Romania like many Eastern European cities and countries was wealthy long before communism arrived.

It’s a green city, I say green as it has so many beautiful parks (gardens) throughout the city. I was happy to spend an afternoon in one and can not recommend it enough. Gardens/Parks are another area where Bucharest has truly invested in. They are family friendly with so much available for everyone.

There are many many reasons why Bucharest should be your next getaway but these 5 are some of my favourite.

Next I will share about Transylvania in the next couple of days. Have you ever been to Bucharest?

1. Marceline Dementori
    June 28, 2017 / 4:54 am

It’s amazing! I don’t really need reasons but I’ll take these! Bucharest is such a beautiful place and it would be nice to go there and visit. I love that it’s affordable compared to the other cities/countries in Europe.

2. June 27, 2017 / 9:10 am

Omg wow budarest looks absolutely stunning! I love architecture and so I definitely can appreciate some amazing buildings and landmarks in this place.

3. June 26, 2017 / 1:55 pm

You had me at cheap and amazing weather. Your photos are just stunning, the food is making me drool. I’d really enjoy seeing the Cismigiu Gardens in Bucharest.

4. Coral Ariel Seabrook
    June 26, 2017 / 8:08 am

Wow! Gorgeous, the food looks sooo good!

5. Robert Stukowski
    June 26, 2017 / 7:07 am

I have never been to Europe, but Budapest looks like a nice place to visit. Thanks for the report and pictures.

6. Vanessa Palma
    June 26, 2017 / 2:03 am

The gardens are gorgeous. You’ve definitely made this a place I want to look into.

7. Healing Tomato
    June 25, 2017 / 10:57 pm

Bucharest is definitely on my bucket list!

8. June 25, 2017 / 5:24 pm

Bucharest is amazing! A lovely city with so much to see and do. Of course, I am partial to Vienna but Bucharest has lots to offer in terms of sights and things to do.

9. Olujorby Chemqueen
    June 25, 2017 / 4:41 pm

I can see it is a lovely place to be. Looking forward to visit Bucharest there someday.

10. June 25, 2017 / 2:40 pm

I have not been to Bucharest or Europe at all. However, I would like to travel through Europe someday!

11. Crystal Carder
    June 25, 2017 / 2:29 pm

Looks like a gorgeous place to visit! I love that beautiful gardens, looks so relaxing.

12. kerry norris
    June 25, 2017 / 7:32 am

gosh it looks stunning. I’ve heard great things from people who have visited. I really should add it to my bucket list x

13. Vishal
    June 25, 2017 / 4:58 am

I’ve never been to Bucharest before, however, I have heard numerous times that Bucharest is one of the beautiful places in Eastern Europe. And because of your post, I learned it is cheap and the 10 top places to visit.

14. Alison Rost
    June 25, 2017 / 4:46 am

Before reading your post, I haven’t thought about Bucharest as a travel destination. I had no idea how inexpensive it is, and also that there is such wonderful weather. Those two things along make a destination a win/win in my book!

15. Jayne
    June 24, 2017 / 3:14 pm

I have never been to Bucharest but it looks like a lovely place to visit. The gardens look stunning 🙂 x

16. Meera
    June 24, 2017 / 12:20 pm

Sounds like a great place to travel. I love these five points you have chosen to highlight for the city’s tourism. Pictures are nice. Thanks for sharing 🙂

17. Talya Stone
    June 24, 2017 / 12:17 pm

It looks like a lovely place for a city getaway and I’m really intrigued to learn more about its history of communism..

18. Battlemum
    June 24, 2017 / 12:01 pm

I’ve never had the chance to go to Bucharest and will be honest and say it wasn’t on my to-do list until I read your post. Sounds like a wonderful city for a weekend away!

19. Ania Ewelina
    June 24, 2017 / 11:16 am

I would love to go to Bucharest. I have a few traveller friends that I’ve met along the way from there, and they’re always trying to convince me to go (haven’t had time yet). I’ll probbaly up this on my travel bucket list

20. Clint
    June 24, 2017 / 8:34 am

This looks like another incredible destination that I need to visit with my family. I am also looking forward to hearing about Transylvania.

21. Mike Marie Barber
    June 24, 2017 / 7:47 am

I’ve never been and wouldn’t of thought to either, there are so many beautiful places i just dont know about i would love to visit here thanks for sharing.

22. Coralie
    June 24, 2017 / 6:39 am

I actually never thought to travel here, but it looks like an amazing place to visit and the food looks delicious! I am adding it to our travel plans in the near future.

23. June 24, 2017 / 4:43 am

You sold me on it! Looks like a wonderful place to visit!! Maybe I will try to get there next summer!

24. June 24, 2017 / 2:55 am

Bucharest looks and sounds like a fabulous place to visit. I personally have never been out of the US.

25. LC @ A Life of Authenticity
    June 24, 2017 / 2:49 am

Thanks for sharing. I would not have considered visiting Bucharest but this was very helpful information.

26. tara pittman
    June 23, 2017 / 10:59 pm

I like green and frugal. This sounds like a lovely place.

27. jennifuchs
    June 23, 2017 / 10:01 pm

Sounds like an ideal holiday destination. Will definitely consider it in future holiday planning.

28. June 23, 2017 / 7:34 pm

You’ve totally convinced me to add Bucharest to my travel wish list with this blog post. I really enjoyed your photos – especially the food pic. Yummy.

-Alethea

29. Jhilmil Mommyinme
    June 23, 2017 / 6:41 pm

The gardens look so beautiful! Though I never had a thought to visit Bucharest, I guess your images are tempting me right away to do it:)

30. Mamabops
    June 23, 2017 / 4:42 pm

It sounds like a great destination! To be honest, I’d never thought of traveling to Bucharest. I’ll have to add it to my list now!

31. Carla
    June 23, 2017 / 4:24 pm

I have never visited before but it looks like a beautiful city to go to. Good to know that it is warm just before summer too!

32. June 23, 2017 / 3:38 pm

I would love to go! I admit, I don’t know much about Bucharest which is why I’d be eager to explore it.

33. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    June 23, 2017 / 2:28 pm

I never would have thought of here before. Thanks for making me discover somewhere new

34. June 23, 2017 / 1:43 pm

These sound like the most amazing reasons to visit, I am absolutely going to add Bucharest to my travel bucket list! I would love to go.

35. June 23, 2017 / 1:36 pm

Wow! That looks like an amazing place to visit and before reading your post about it, no a place I would have considered visiting. And the pictures you took of it are absolutely gorgeous!