Why Costa Dorada should be your next destination!!

Costa Dorada is a beautiful 216 km long stretch of coastal beach on the Mediterranean Sea in Spain. On the north of it you have the magnificent city of Barcelona and the south you have magnificent beaches. Costa Dorada means ‘Golden coast’, it is lined with beautiful crystal blue beaches.

For the last two years all of my holiday destinations have been places I can explore for days. I have not had a proper beach holiday where all I do is lounge at the beach with a good book. Whilst thinking of a place I could get the full beach experience, Costa Dorada Spain came to me. There is so much to love about this coastal city to make it the best beach holiday ever.

Costa-Dorada

Why Costa Dorada should be your next destination!!

One of the most popular towns on this strip of the Mediterranean sea is Salou – a popular destination for Brits. Though Salou is most popular for families because of the shallow waters and the perfect temperatures. What has made Costa Dorada most attractive for it is not only the amazing golden beaches. But the fact that due to its micro-climates it has made it suitable for many wine productions. Who wouldn’t love to sit on the beach with your favourite glass of Merlot staring into the sea?

But if you’re traveling as a family and a glass of Merlot on the beach is not insight you can enjoy other activities. An example would be PortAventura World an entertainment resort or Aquopolis – amusement park. For the history buffs out there the national archaeological museum of Tarragona might be of interest. And for those of us who want to enjoy history and explore at the same time then Torre dels Escipion calls.

tarragona

Another town that has me excited is Torredembarra, not only because of the beautiful sandy beaches but culture. What’s exciting is it offers you not only medieval sights but is mixed with modern-day enjoyments. If you’re looking for a place that offers both culture and modern things like shopping then this is it.

So it’s easy to see why Costa Dorada should be your next destination. It has everything for everyone, including the explorer and the beach lounger. With summer in the UK leaving nothing to be desired, Costa Dorada can give you the summer experience. Yesterday it rained so much I thought it was already November, I guess summer 2017 is truly over.

It’s not too late

Though for some back to school is around the corner, you still have two weeks to go. If budget allows you can squeeze in a nice summer break before the hectic school run starts. Or for those of us without kids, this would be the perfect time to get away and catch some sun.

If you’re an adventurer like me then after a few days on the beach, you could venture out to Barcelona. The city calls to be explored all year round, even with recent events one can not miss it. I am looking forward to one day venturing out to this glorious coastal city for some much need break.

*This is a collaborative post*

1. Rebecca Swenor
    August 30, 2017 / 9:21 am

Costa Dorada Spain sounds like an amazing place to visit. I would love to travel here some day. It looks so gorgeous and it would indeed be amazing to explore. Thanks for sharing the information.

2. August 28, 2017 / 10:26 pm

Looks like a beautiful destination. Maybe when I can travel again I’ll check it out!

3. fashion-mommy
    August 26, 2017 / 1:05 am

I’ve been to Barcelona on a couple of occasions, but never think of a beach holiday nearby. It looks beautiful.

4. Jessica Lynn Martin
    August 24, 2017 / 11:58 pm

Sounds and looks like a very beautiful place to vacation. Sadly we don’t have a budget that allows us to travel. If we ever do travel, I will add Costa Dorada to my list.

5. Adriana
    August 24, 2017 / 4:03 pm

Such a beautiful destination location! I need to check it out when I book my next trip!

6. Cindy Nicoletti
    August 24, 2017 / 3:25 pm

Looks like a beautiful place for vacation ! The beaches are so nice.

7. David Elliott
    August 24, 2017 / 9:08 am

It’s just crazy to hear what happened in Barcelona. I definitely am thinking good thoughts for the people of the city. It does look like such an amazing beach and a place to just relax and unwind for a few days.

8. August 24, 2017 / 12:23 am

Those beaches are just breathtaking to behold. Sadly, my husband would spend most of his time in Barcelona in hopes of seeing Leo Messi or one of the other football stars, lol

9. Maro Akamatra
    August 23, 2017 / 8:56 pm

I have to admit that I think the coasts and beaches here in Greece are the best in the world. Spain is a close second and this place seems nice!

10. Lena B
    August 23, 2017 / 8:43 pm

This place looks magical and living in Midwest of course I would love to have a beach vacation that won’t break the bank. By the look of it is a great and budget friendly place to visit

11. Shannon Graham
    August 23, 2017 / 6:37 pm

Wow this place sounds and looks amazing! I haven’t planned my next vacation yet, so this is on the list for sure!

12. Jessica Taylor
    August 23, 2017 / 2:45 pm

Why have I never heard of Costa Dorada before?!? It looks amazing! I would love to go next time we take a trip !

13. chubskulit
    August 23, 2017 / 2:19 pm

I would definitely enjoy a glass of wine enjoying the seashore scenery, that would be awesome. Shallow water will be a great plus for us since we have kids.