Instagram
3   154
1   523
6   319
10   570
5   561

Why Costa Dorada should be your next destination!!

Costa Dorada is a beautiful 216 km long stretch of coastal beach on the Mediterranean Sea in Spain. On the north of it you have the magnificent city of Barcelona and the south you have magnificent beaches. Costa Dorada means ‘Golden coast’, it is lined with beautiful crystal blue beaches.

For the last two years all of my holiday destinations have been places I can explore for days. I have not had a proper beach holiday where all I do is lounge at the beach with a good book. Whilst thinking of a place I could get the full beach experience, Costa Dorada Spain came to me. There is so much to love about this coastal city to make it the best beach holiday ever.

Costa-Dorada

Why Costa Dorada should be your next destination!!

One of the most popular towns on this strip of the Mediterranean sea is Salou – a popular destination for Brits. Though Salou is most popular for families because of the shallow waters and the perfect temperatures. What has made Costa Dorada most attractive for it is not only the amazing golden beaches. But the fact that due to its micro-climates it has made it suitable for many wine productions. Who wouldn’t love to sit on the beach with your favourite glass of Merlot staring into the sea?

But if you’re traveling as a family and a glass of Merlot on the beach is not insight you can enjoy other activities. An example would be PortAventura World an entertainment resort or Aquopolis – amusement park. For the history buffs out there the national archaeological museum of Tarragona might be of interest. And for those of us who want to enjoy history and explore at the same time then Torre dels Escipion calls.

tarragona

Another town that has me excited is Torredembarra, not only because of the beautiful sandy beaches but culture. What’s exciting is it offers you not only medieval sights but is mixed with modern-day enjoyments. If you’re looking for a place that offers both culture and modern things like shopping then this is it.

So it’s easy to see why Costa Dorada should be your next destination. It has everything for everyone, including the explorer and the beach lounger. With summer in the UK leaving nothing to be desired, Costa Dorada can give you the summer experience. Yesterday it rained so much I thought it was already November, I guess summer 2017 is truly over.

It’s not too late

Though for some back to school is around the corner, you still have two weeks to go. If budget allows you can squeeze in a nice summer break before the hectic school run starts. Or for those of us without kids, this would be the perfect time to get away and catch some sun.

If you’re an adventurer like me then after a few days on the beach, you could venture out to Barcelona. The city calls to be explored all year round, even with recent events one can not miss it. I am looking forward to one day venturing out to this glorious coastal city for some much need break.

*This is a collaborative post*

1. Rebecca Swenor
    August 30, 2017 / 9:21 am

Costa Dorada Spain sounds like an amazing place to visit. I would love to travel here some day. It looks so gorgeous and it would indeed be amazing to explore. Thanks for sharing the information.

2. August 28, 2017 / 10:26 pm

Looks like a beautiful destination. Maybe when I can travel again I’ll check it out!

3. fashion-mommy
    August 26, 2017 / 1:05 am

I’ve been to Barcelona on a couple of occasions, but never think of a beach holiday nearby. It looks beautiful.

4. Jessica Lynn Martin
    August 24, 2017 / 11:58 pm

Sounds and looks like a very beautiful place to vacation. Sadly we don’t have a budget that allows us to travel. If we ever do travel, I will add Costa Dorada to my list.

5. Adriana
    August 24, 2017 / 4:03 pm

Such a beautiful destination location! I need to check it out when I book my next trip!

6. Cindy Nicoletti
    August 24, 2017 / 3:25 pm

Looks like a beautiful place for vacation ! The beaches are so nice.

7. David Elliott
    August 24, 2017 / 9:08 am

It’s just crazy to hear what happened in Barcelona. I definitely am thinking good thoughts for the people of the city. It does look like such an amazing beach and a place to just relax and unwind for a few days.

8. August 24, 2017 / 12:23 am

Those beaches are just breathtaking to behold. Sadly, my husband would spend most of his time in Barcelona in hopes of seeing Leo Messi or one of the other football stars, lol

9. Maro Akamatra
    August 23, 2017 / 8:56 pm

I have to admit that I think the coasts and beaches here in Greece are the best in the world. Spain is a close second and this place seems nice!

10. Lena B
    August 23, 2017 / 8:43 pm

This place looks magical and living in Midwest of course I would love to have a beach vacation that won’t break the bank. By the look of it is a great and budget friendly place to visit

11. Shannon Graham
    August 23, 2017 / 6:37 pm

Wow this place sounds and looks amazing! I haven’t planned my next vacation yet, so this is on the list for sure!

12. Jessica Taylor
    August 23, 2017 / 2:45 pm

Why have I never heard of Costa Dorada before?!? It looks amazing! I would love to go next time we take a trip !

13. chubskulit
    August 23, 2017 / 2:19 pm

I would definitely enjoy a glass of wine enjoying the seashore scenery, that would be awesome. Shallow water will be a great plus for us since we have kids.

14. Jaime Nicole
    August 23, 2017 / 12:12 pm

Wow, that looks absolutely beautiful! My daughter is going to Spain in the spring so I am waiting for her to go and give me tips, but this is definitely on my list!

15. Annemarie LeBlanc
    August 23, 2017 / 11:25 am

Awww, shucks. We missed out on this. We were in Spain two years ago and we did not explore this beautiful stretch of beaches. It must be so lovely to watch sunsets there. I hope we get a chance to have another vacation in Spain so we can include Costa Dorada in our list of places to visit!

16. Our Family World
    August 23, 2017 / 11:23 am

What a beautiful beach! I need to add Costa Dorada to our Travel Bucket list. We’ve been thinking of visiting Spain next summer. If we do that, I have to make sure we spend a day or two at Costa Dorada.

17. August 23, 2017 / 10:53 am

I’ve never been to Costa Dorada. This is even my first time reading about it, but it looks like a perfect family getaway! Maybe someday….

18. Blair Villanueva
    August 23, 2017 / 10:31 am

If the waters are shallow then this place is perfect for family getaway especially with kids. 🙂 The beach stretch seems so huge and beautiful. How’s the sunset here?

19. August 23, 2017 / 10:05 am

I’ve read about Costa Dorada before.Here you are making me excited to visit.:) I like to stay in a beautiful villa and spend the evening in the beach…
    – Amila

20. Mayuri Saxena
    August 23, 2017 / 7:05 am

Wow! This looks awesome. I need some Vitamin Sea after looking at these pics. It looks like a perfect getaway destination. 🙂

21. August 23, 2017 / 3:50 am

Omg that looks wonderful… May be someday with my baby and hubby 😀

22. August 23, 2017 / 3:37 am

This looks and sounds beautiful. I wish my budget would allow for a quick getaway. My son starts school on Monday.

23. August 23, 2017 / 2:20 am

This sounds like a beautiful destination. I would love to visit this place with my family one day.

24. August 22, 2017 / 10:24 pm

I had never heard of this place before but it’s definitely somewhere I’m willing to travel! I always say yes to a good trip!

25. August 22, 2017 / 8:41 pm

I’ve never heard of this place before, but now I want to go. Look at that water! At some point I would love to go.

26. August 22, 2017 / 8:09 pm

Wow what an absolutely stunning looking place Costa Dorada looks to be, I would love to just curl up on the beach with a good book.

27. August 22, 2017 / 6:57 pm

I can see this being a lovely place for a relaxing getaway and a little bit of exploration. I’d definitely have to spend some time at the beach with a glass of wine.

28. Rose Mont
    August 22, 2017 / 6:45 pm

Haha I would be happy to visit any part of Spain. With school starting so soon I might go and just not want to come back to deal with school drama.

29. Jen Sky Walker
    August 22, 2017 / 6:16 pm

This sounds like a fabulous vacation destination I would enjoy! I love the beach, and I’d love to explore Barcelona!

30. August 22, 2017 / 5:35 pm

I always appreciate coastal areas like Costa Dorada. The 216 km stretch of beach looks impressive and also a really scenic and refreshing spot.

31. Jen At Dapperhouse
    August 22, 2017 / 5:18 pm

How fun to have a beach and wineries!! I would LOVE to go there and will start looking into it for my husband and I.

32. Rachel Akers
    August 22, 2017 / 4:33 pm

This looks like a picturesque vacation spot. My idea of a great day is laying on a beautiful beach with a good book.

33. Alicia Trautwein
    August 22, 2017 / 3:51 pm

Costa Dorada looks simply stunning! I am such a nerd though, so I would be spending my time at museums more than the beach!

34. Jeanette
    August 22, 2017 / 2:40 pm

I would love to explore the beaches of Spain. Spain is definitely on my bucket list to do. Now I have a focus on where I would like to explore.

35. August 22, 2017 / 2:32 pm

It is actually my first time hearing of Costa Dorada but I love that there is so much to do for history lovers, beach lovers and those with families. It is beautiful x

36. Candy Kage
    August 22, 2017 / 2:18 pm

Wish I was sitting on this beach right now enjoy the water, view and Spain instead of recovering from knee surgery.

37. Louise Oliver
    August 22, 2017 / 2:06 pm

I totally agree, the Costa Dorado is indeed beautiful! As you say, there is indeed still time to squeeze a break in!

38. Jenny Austin Finney
    August 22, 2017 / 1:01 pm

This place looks amazingly beautiful and I would love to explore Torredembarra and experience the Medieval times. Maybe one day, I will have the chance to visit Spain.