Things to do in Bath

Bath is quaint little town in the southwest of England famous for the natural hot springs. A city designated the UNESCO World Heritage site with the grandest 18th century Georgian architectural buildings. It is a city bursting with so much history which dates back to the Roman times. The city of bath offers the visitor a unique and stylish weekend getaway destination. From a romantic walk across the city to a relaxing evening at the Thermae Bath Spa.

The city is built from the same material, the honey coloured bath stone which is mined locally. Many tourists flock the city of Bath for two things; Roman Bath Spa and its Abbey. But it has more to offer with its cobblestone lined streets and beautiful architecture. We had such a lovely time exploring the city that I had to share with you all. Check out some of the things to do in Bath and please share some of yours.

Bath city

Things to do in Bath

The city of Bath has so much to offer but if you’re pressed for time taking a sightseeing bus might be a solution. There are many ways one could get to Bath from anywhere in the UK, we drove from Bristol. Knowing Bath is a small city with not much parking we opted to use one of the park and ride outside the city. The park and ride bus dropped us right into the centre of the city with a couple of seconds walk to the Roman Baths.

Roman Baths

The Roman Baths

First discovered in the 19th century by the Romans is a well-preserved historical site once part of Aqua Sulis town. The Roman Baths are located in the centre of town, a complex that offers an insight into the ancient Romans. During our visit we knew we had to enter and see the natural hot springs ourselves. For £15 entrance fee you were given an audio guide which was easy to use and make the tour more interesting.

Bath Abbey

Located next to the Roman Baths is the beautiful Bath Abbey an Anglican parish of saint Peter and Paul. During our visit the church was still in session so we couldn’t enter the premises. It was built in the 10th century with a lot of restoration work done in 186os.

The Jane Austen centre

I think almost everyone has heard of Jane Austen or even read her books, Pride and Prejudice anyone!! For Austen hardcore fans will know that her books; Northanger Abbey and Persuasion the setting was Bath city. Though we didn’t get to enter the Austen museum, the outside was just as lovely.

The Royal Crescent

The greatest example of Georgian architecture at its best with these 30 houses set against the green lawn. The Royal Crescent is the most prestigious address in Bath built over 230 years ago. It is totally mesmerizing and felt one could enjoy a lovely picnic on the green lawn facing the houses.

Bath is a city with so much to offer from your Gregorian houses to magnificent parks. I would definitely recommend a visit if you’re ever in Bristol or London.

1. stephanie
    September 29, 2017 / 9:21 pm

Bath is on my list of places to visit. Looks like such a beautiful place x

2. Super Busy Mum
    September 26, 2017 / 10:52 am

Bath looks like such a beautiful City – I’ll have to add it to my places to visit.

3. September 25, 2017 / 11:16 am

I’ve wanted to go to Bath for so long. Thanks for the lovely tips. I’m bookmarking this post.

4. September 24, 2017 / 9:17 pm

I have always wanted to go to Bath, especially as I am a big history fan so this would be right up my street. Of course the Roman baths would be first point of call x

5. September 23, 2017 / 5:30 pm

What a beautiful place, you can clearly see works of art everywhere. I’d definitely want to go to the Jane Austen Centre for sure first.

6. Blair Villanueva
    September 23, 2017 / 3:45 pm

Its gorgeous place! But why is that pool color green?
    If only it is still functional, or the pool is just for sight seeing only.

7. September 23, 2017 / 6:20 am

Bath is such a beautiful place, I have been meaning to go back for ages. I’ve never visited the baths before so I think that’s definitely going to be on the list for next time x

8. September 22, 2017 / 8:51 pm

Oh my my! I had no idea such beauty exist! This is straight going in my bucket list in a top priority 🙌

9. christopher mitchell
    September 22, 2017 / 6:15 pm

Those Roman Baths are just nuts! You’ve convinced me to add this to my list of places that I’ll need to visit! Thanks!

10. Rani bruyns
    September 22, 2017 / 4:57 pm

This is a must have when visiting the city! Good job on capturing the best spots!

11. September 22, 2017 / 12:59 pm

Wow never even considered Bath city as a potential place to visit. Great recap and wonderful travel guide.

12. David Jack Taylor
    September 22, 2017 / 11:18 am

I really am going to make an effort to take some time off at the weekend to go on some day trips. I’ve wanted to visit Bath for a while, seems like a good place to start. Great photos too!

13. September 22, 2017 / 7:57 am

Bath is a lovely city! I haven’t been there for years, but the history and architecture is amazing!

14. September 22, 2017 / 2:59 am

OMgoodness what an amazing city!! This is one of those places I would absolutely love to visit one day. That bath is awesome!!

15. Melanie
    September 21, 2017 / 10:38 pm

Never been to Bath but this guide is deffo tempting me to visit.

16. Zena's Suitcase
    September 21, 2017 / 10:03 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit to Bath. It’s such a beautiful city isn’t it

17. Lucy Cotterill
    September 21, 2017 / 9:07 pm

I don’t think you can visit baths without going to the Roman baths can you! They are fab x

18. September 21, 2017 / 7:44 pm

Bath is on our wish list . Have heard all good things about this place. Your pictures are doing justice to this beautiful town.
    Namrata