Weddings in Autumn: What to wear

Weddings in autumn must be one of the most gorgeous ever, you get to play around with an array of colours. Of course I would much rather have a summer wedding but to be honest weddings in autumn are a close second. I have not blogged about weddings in forever, this year I attended to weddings and loved each. One was in April of my best friend in Zambia and the next was in France I attended as a plus one. I can not choose which I preferred because both had awesome weather and were unique and on different continents.

Regardless of the season, I think weddings are just so magical {and can be expensive but that’s a topic for another day}. The idea for today’s post is to give you an idea of what you can wear to weddings in autumn and look lash. With that, my little sister and I have some tips for those attending autumn weddings.

weddings in autumn

Weddings in Autumn: What to wear

I am at that awkward age where some of my closest friends are getting married. Whist there are some like myself are focusing purely on developing our careers. There is nothing wrong with either, each makes life choices based on where they at in life. But every time I’m invited to a wedding or engagement dinner, I tend to panic. I always think dressers will do, but I can’t bring myself to wear them. So I have compiled a list of fail-safe options which have never let me down.

{Lucy} Plazzo pants with a floral tops and a small heel

There’s still some flowers about so you can get away with this blouse. It has a cute knot at the back, its warm enough, looks fabulous and not have shivering to death. The Bee Blouse retails for £195, it is expensive but can be worn for any occasion and still looks stylish.

weddings in autumn

Wide leg trousers {£24.99} are so flattering on all body types. They are comfortable and give you that extra “She understands fashion edge”.

weddings in autumn

{Miranda} Colorful dresses over heels and bright earrings

I am a huge sucker for a beautiful dress when it comes to weddings regardless of season. For me it’s the traditional wear that I take full pride in but traditional doesn’t mean boring. Though I am not good with colour play, I do enjoy pairing bright colours with subtle yet provoking colours.

Pairing a pleat shift dress with some ankle boots and finish with long drop earrings. With this outfit you have people looking you over {in a good way} by attraction different areas. The pleat dress sways them at first glance and the drop earrings brings them for the second look.

A cross knot back dress is your atypical wedding dress for either bridesmaids or guests. This dress captures both the top half and bottom half in equal measure but is finished off by the knot back. Complete the look with gorgeous tie back heels to make for a gorgeous outfit.

As you can see both my sister and I have very different fashion sense but we love the colour play. She is working the floral and bright colours and I stick to bold and bright colours. But we both stick to minimal accessorizing in our outfits ideas.

When it comes to weddings in autumn, what is your go to outfit idea?

1. Our Family World
    December 3, 2017 / 11:23 am

I like the emerald green dress! That would be a nice one to wear to a wedding. Sometimes I pick a dress in the color of the wedding motif too. Thanks for sharing your suggestions on what would be nice to wear for an autumn wedding.

2. Amy Hawkins
    December 3, 2017 / 4:05 am

I typically wear a longer length dress for weddings. You have some great ideas in your post! I love the trousers though

3. December 3, 2017 / 2:49 am

Love the tips of what to wear to weddings this time of the year. I have such a hard time with the transition from Summer!

4. chubskulit
    December 3, 2017 / 1:20 am

I love that red wide trousers. That is something I would like to wear on a wedding.

5. Shannon Graham
    December 2, 2017 / 7:25 pm

I always go for the classic wedding garb. However, I am loving the burst of colors you’re suggesting!

6. December 2, 2017 / 1:49 pm

LOVE that green dress and those black booties. I just ordered a pair of black booties online that look like those! So stylish!

7. BohemianBabushka
    December 2, 2017 / 6:19 am

If Babushka had the age/bod to wear those items she certainly would! Living in Florida, some of the cold weather items would unfortunately not be used too often, but they are lovely nonetheless. BB2U

8. Pam
    December 2, 2017 / 12:44 am

Those palazzo pants are really pretty. I usually wear a nice, solid color dress to weddings.

9. reddel
    December 2, 2017 / 12:25 am

Those palazzo pants are really stunning. I don’t have a wedding this fall but they’d be great for a holiday party too.

10. Candy Kage
    December 1, 2017 / 6:09 pm

Red is my favorite color so those red pant are awesome. I do love great looking floral and this top is beautiful.

11. December 1, 2017 / 4:58 pm

What great clothes! I love those red pants, although I am not sure I could pull them off!

12. Heather @ Kraus House Mom
    December 1, 2017 / 3:58 pm

I am loving the camel coat and the black booties. They can go with just about everything in the fall.

13. Tomi_C
    December 1, 2017 / 3:45 pm

First of all let’s talk about those booties! HUNTY Yaaaaaaaasssss… loving those booties! I have a go to dress in plum I picked up from Maurice’s a couple of years ago and I have definitely gotten my money’s worth out of it. It’s my Fall and Winter go to wedding attire. Paired with some black pumps and it’s a good look.

14. Cheryl
    December 1, 2017 / 2:55 pm

How timely! I’m gearing up for a wedding in Autumn and this is perfect for trying to find the right outfit. Thanks

15. December 1, 2017 / 1:16 pm

These are some lovely choices. I’d probably wear a dress with long sleeves to an autumn wedding. Plus flats, because I can’t do heels.

16. Alli Smith
    December 1, 2017 / 10:37 am

I love that floral top! I usually wear a dress to weddings and the style depends on whether it is an afternoon or evening wedding. Love all the options you’ve showcased here!