2018 Winter Adventures: Tuscany

Tuscany is an Italian city centrally located with Florence as its capital, stretching from Apennines to the Tyrrhenian Sea. It is a diverse city ranging from countryside to artistic places like Pisa, Siena and Florence. Tuscany is thought to be the very definition of what Italy is all about in its diversity. Though I am not much of lover for Winter Travel, I am excited for my upcoming 2018 holiday destinations.

A group of us girls are currently planning our getaway to Tuscany for February of 2018. Part of the planning process is searching for Villas which will cater to our needs. There are lots of places to consider but for now, the Cappella Villa located in Florence Province looks promising. After all we are not exactly going for the sun and therefore might need a pool, so this villa is perfect.

Tuscany Villa - Cappella

2018 Winter Adventures: Tuscany

Those who know me know I am too much of a spontaneous person especially where travel is concerned. I am someone who doesn’t like to waste days doing nothing when I am on vacation. Yes it is nice to just sit and relax but to be honest, I rather spend the day exploring and resting at night.

With that in mind, I have been scouring the world of Pinterest for inspiration. We are spending 4 days in Tuscany, having an itinerary will definitely be an advantage for us. Our current itinerary is consisting of touring three places; Pisa, Siena and Florence in no particular order.

Pisa - Tuscany Italy

Things to do in Pisa

If you’ve heard of Pisa then you must have heard of the Leaning Tower – a 14 century tower. Personally I want to very much visit this place more than Pisa Cathedral and the Piazza dei Miracoli. But obviously as I am not traveling alone, I will need to consider other people’s points of interests. Santa Maria della Spina and Museo delle sinopie are high on the list for my travel companions.

Siena - Tuscany Italy

Places to visit in Siena

Siena is a city I definitely was not aware of but we have decided to include in our itinerary for Tuscany. High on my list is the Siena Cathedral which is 13th century church famous for it’s facade and marble strips. As a sucker for medieval towers, Torre del Mangia is another place I would very much love to visit. There are many more places we want to visit but yet to agree on common five places.

Florence - Italy - Tuscany

Must see places in Florence

Florence is a city I have a separate itinerary for on my bucketlist more especially visiting the Duomo Cathedral. A world famous cathedral due to the terracotta-tiled dome engineered by Brunelleschi and a bell tower by Giotto. After all Florence is considered ‘home to many masterpieces of Renaissance art and architecture’. I know for sure that we will spend more time exploring Florence than other places in Tuscany.

Whilst I enjoy having a fully packed Itinerary I know not many people do. Therefore we’ve decided in the four days we are spending in Tuscany a day will be allocated for ‘chilling’. I know one thing for sure, this will be a winter adventure not to be missed and we can not wait.

Pin for later!

Tuscany

1. David E
    December 22, 2017 / 9:36 pm

It does look like you have some amazing places to go when you are in Tuscany. It is such a beautiful city. And if you are going off season, then a great pool isn’t all that important, I agree. It definitely looks like an amazing adventure.

2. Deb
    December 21, 2017 / 10:38 pm

Ah I LOVEEEEE Tuscany!! Such a lovely narrative!!

3. mail4rosey
    December 21, 2017 / 8:41 am

I have been to Rome. I’d love to see so many other cities is Italy.

4. Mummy Gummie
    December 21, 2017 / 8:06 am

Only been to Rome before, but would love to visit other places in Italy too. Hope you have great time

5. Blair Villanueva
    December 21, 2017 / 7:20 am

Oh Itaky, one of my dream place to visit. Reading your post reminds me of the movie Letters to Juliet. Will you be visiting Verona as well?

6. Jen Sky Walker
    December 21, 2017 / 4:16 am

I’m not familiar with Siena, but it looks like a great addition to your trip! I’d love to visit Tuscany, but I’m not really sure when the best time of year might be for a visit. Four days just doesn’t seem to be enough!

7. Brandi Crawford
    December 20, 2017 / 11:12 pm

Your photos are gorgeous. I haven’t heard of going in the winter. I’ve done Europe in very early fall. I’m also all about itineraries.

8. Brandi Crawford
    December 20, 2017 / 11:09 pm

This is so awesome! I really would love to plan a trip to Tuscany….and to Italy.

9. Nikki
    December 20, 2017 / 1:21 pm

Of all the places I want to see in Italy, Tuscany is at the top of my list. It just seems like such a charming place to visit. I think it would be incredible to see the Tower of Pisa up close. When I travel, I like to visit historical and architectural wonders more than just hang at the beach.

10. Sonia Cave
    December 20, 2017 / 9:28 am

We missed out on a trip here last summer. It was a wedding and no children were allowed (we live in Sweden with no family to look after our children here). I was gutted as it is such a stunning place

11. December 20, 2017 / 8:33 am

Until I read your post, I never knew this place really existed and now I know it does, wow! It looks magical and I’m just like you, I’d rather go somewhere and visit places and explore than sit by the pool and do nothing. Have a wonderful time in February with your girls!

12. Lauren Porter
    December 20, 2017 / 8:30 am

The villa looks incredible & I am just like you – I would much rather have a fully packed itinerary as I hate the thought of missing anything!

13. Helen
    December 20, 2017 / 6:40 am

What a great adventure. The place looks great! Looks like you really had fun! I would love to visit this place one day.

14. Sarah Camille Hipp
    December 20, 2017 / 4:04 am

I went to Tuscany with my family and it was amazing! I’m sure you’ll love Florence (and all of Tuscany really). If you can, trek to the top of the Duomo. It’s amazing to see Florence from above! 🙂

15. Patricia-Ann Que
    December 20, 2017 / 2:09 am

ah Italy! a country that i will never get tired of despite the plenty of tourists! it is truly an amazing place! if u have the chance, going further south and visiting the islands such as amalfi and positano is magical!

16. Claudia Krusch
    December 20, 2017 / 2:05 am

Florence is at the top of my travel wish list. It is so beautiful there. I would love to go see the Duomo Cathedral in person. Tuscany is a great idea for a girls trip.

17. Mary Jingjing Mortos Lopez
    December 20, 2017 / 1:48 am

I just heard these places from friends and as I’m reading this I feel like I’m there experiencing the same.

18. jennifuchs
    December 20, 2017 / 12:25 am

That sounds like a great wee trip! I went on a tour of Tuscany when I was in high school – we saw Sienna and Florence, amongst other things. But I have yet to see Pisa, so would love to return for that.

19. Soon Joo Uh
    December 20, 2017 / 12:07 am

I’ve been to Tuscany like 8 years ago and what a historical and beautiful architecture to see! I know the leaning tower pisa before my travel my parents showed me on picture and I couldn’t believe it but when I went to see with my real eye and I believe it! I would love to visit again!

20. Laura Dove
    December 19, 2017 / 10:00 pm

Oh how lovely!! Tuscany is on our list of places to visit, I am desperate to go to Italy and have promised ourselves we will go next year!

21. Brittany
    December 19, 2017 / 7:21 pm

OMG this looks magical. What great photos!!

22. Vaheh Hartunian
    December 19, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Tuscany is just beautiful. You covered the places to see, so I will just add that the food in Tuscany is as epic as the tourist sites. Even the house wines in cheap little bistros taste amazing! If you like steak…make sure to try bistecca fiorentina.

23. Battle Mum (BattleMum)
    December 19, 2017 / 6:55 pm

I’ve just written a post about our family travel bucket list and Tuscany is on it! What a coincidence. I’d love to visit Florence too as I’ve just read Dan Brown’s Inferno in which the city features. Have fun!

24. Ingrid Rizzolo
    December 19, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Oh wow, an opportunity to see the leaning Tower Pisa!! As a child I learned about this place and even then wistfully longed for a visit. Hopefully I could walk in your footsteps one day visit this historical icon. What sustains it ?

25. Rachel Stone
    December 19, 2017 / 5:32 pm

This sounds like it’s going to be a great girls trip! the villa looks amazing. Ive been to Florence and recommend going into and climbing the Duomo – the view is awesome!

26. December 19, 2017 / 5:09 pm

When I was about 10 I did a geography project on Tuscany and I’ve always been desperate to visit ever since. Husband and I are going away for our 10th anniversary next year and it is top of my list of potential destinations. Fingers crossed!

27. Jamie M. Causer Nicholls
    December 19, 2017 / 2:48 pm

Is the leaning tower of Pisa accessible to tour inside? If so, it is laid out with spiral stairs all the way to the top or?

28. December 19, 2017 / 1:43 pm

I wanted to check out all of these places. One day, I hope. Italy is such a glorious place. Seeing the leaning tower of Pisa is high on my daughter’s list.

29. December 19, 2017 / 12:47 pm

It’s funny how I lived in Croatia for four year yet never got a chance to go to Italy yet it is close enough, I guess I need to plan my vacations better.