Fitness Goals 2018 – Why I won’t be setting any!

Fitness goals 2018 anyone? Yep I won’t be setting any such goals or make resolutions that I will just drop. Don’t get me wrong, I am not anti goals but I am anti resolutions even though I set yearly goals. I rather much prefer to take a different approach to being more healthier in 2018 without restrictive timelines. Being healthier for me in 2018 is making wiser decisions firstly on the food I feed my body. Here is a back story to why I won’t be setting fitness goals 2018;

Mid 2016 I manage a conscious decision to start going to the gym 3-4 times a week. This wasn’t always easy for me but I found classes that worked around my schedule. Before I knew it, I had a routine that worked wonders for me, I motivated myself to go work out. One thing I never changed is what kind of food I consumed, this made my fitness goals tough. Those who know me know how much I love sugar in practically everything, sometimes I just lick it. Yes I know its gross but its been a habit of mine since I was 7. As a realistic person, I know this is not something I will give up anytime fast. I know, if I make tiny adjustments here and there I can definitely wean myself off the hard core.

Fitness goals 2018

Now you have the back story, here is what I will be doing instead of setting fitness goals 2018. And this is all about working on my body from the inside but also working outside. The women’s sportswear market has me wanting to ensure I have some cute gear. Whilst I won’t be hitting the gym any time soon, even working out at home I can look cute. I have so much gym gear that is no longer fit for purpose so I need some ladies sportswear inspiration.

Fitness Goals 2018 Ideas

Since I won’t be setting myself fitness goals 2018 I figured I share some ideas I have instead. The ideas are those that will blend into my current routine without forcing change. Whilst change is good, it is not always welcome especially if it involves change in my routine. You see, I am a creature of habit and it takes me some time before I can embrace change. Obviously not in ALL situations but I don’t believe in disrupting a system that works perfectly already.

With that being said, here are some of the ways I will be blending fitness into my current routine;

• I do these 10 things before 10 am, before I wake up I can blend in some stretches. During breakfast I can blend in healthier food choices.
  • Speaking of healthier choices, I love to cook but eating for me is a social thing. I find it harder to cook and eat alone. But it is not impossible and lately I have been eating a lot more at home.
  • Healthier social choices, when I eat out I always indulge in something sweet. I have to make a conscious decision to opt for healthier version.
  • Reducing sugar consumption, as I mentioned its a habit that won’t be easy to break. Instead of giving up sugar completely, I have minimized my consumption of it.
  • Stay hydrated, drinking water is hard for me except when I am home where sugar is next to me. I am used to drinking flavoured water as somehow British water tastes everything weird.

Whilst I am not about to set fitness goals 2018, I feel this smaller changes will be more beneficial. And maybe since I am not calling them fitness goals, its much easier for me to absorb. I am more willing to work on them because they are not disruptive to my current routine but support it.

Have you set in Fitness Goals for 2018?

*Collaborative

1. January 22, 2018 / 7:12 am

I’m down on this one, especially the “healthier social choices”. I need to be concern with what I am ordering whenever I eat outside.

2. Mommysup
    January 19, 2018 / 11:53 am

These are all great ideas and they are so true! But the first thing you said “10 before 10” – so cool!

3. January 17, 2018 / 9:22 pm

No, I have not set any major goals for 2018. Yes, I would like to lose some excess fat, improve my eating habits, and look good while in a swimming suit, I don’t need a resolution either to achieve that. It starts with good habits that become a lifestyle.

Good luck to you this year.

• January 17, 2018 / 11:30 pm

Thank you so much and I agree it starts with good habits becoming lifestyle choices

4. mail4rosey
    January 17, 2018 / 9:24 am

Water is my favorite drink, so that part’s easy for me. Blending is a good idea for integrating a healthier you.

5. January 17, 2018 / 8:15 am

It’s great that you have plan to make changes a little by little. I believe you will hit your goal without you realize at the end – A fitter and a healthier you. 🙂

6. Adrianne Betz
    January 16, 2018 / 11:53 pm

That is a really great attitude to have towards it. You do your thing girl!

7. January 16, 2018 / 10:03 pm

I really need to drink more than I actually do! Water is so important but my intake is near zero! I need to do some changes fitness wise!

8. January 16, 2018 / 7:05 pm

This is so much a better idea than doing it the usual way.. Going to get some ideas from this! 🙂

9. Dee Jaye
    January 16, 2018 / 10:58 am

This is great. I’m not big on setting fitness goals persay but I do tweak things to make them better for a healthier life.

10. Anshul Kumar Akhoury
    January 16, 2018 / 9:43 am

This is the first time someone has recommended not setting fitness goals. I think it is a nice approach because it results in less guilt factors it you miss something someday.

11. Cassie Stokes
    January 16, 2018 / 4:15 am

I love the idea of not setting fitness goals! I have a hard time keeping up with them and just feel discouraged when I don’t reach them. I like your goals better! I need to work on staying hydrated

12. Cris F
    January 16, 2018 / 2:11 am

I’m not a resolution person either. Nor do I set many fitness goals. These are good things to blend into your normal routine, and I think with little changes you’ll find in no time that you’ve made big changes.

13. January 15, 2018 / 11:45 pm

I have to admit I don’t set fitness goals, especially with my health being the way it is, though I would love to be able to be more active.

14. January 15, 2018 / 9:21 pm

I don’t really set fitness goals either. I’m like you, I just try to drink more water and make some healthy choices. But I know I won’t ever completely give up my junk food.

15. Patricia-Ann Que
    January 15, 2018 / 9:08 pm

i like that 10 things before 10am! im also into fitness and it is life changing! they say that it takes 21 days to form a habit so keep it on!

16. January 15, 2018 / 4:35 pm

Every year I’ve set goals. Every year they fail. I love your idea of having ideas! I may have to change my goals to ideas.

17. January 15, 2018 / 3:27 pm

I love that you’ve made ideas instead of goals. Your ideas are great and I might have to adopt them for my fitness routine, or lack of one.

18. January 15, 2018 / 2:39 pm

Small changes are the way to go, I don’t think I’ve ever achieved any of my fitness goats I set before so I gave up on that a long time, all we need to do is apply some changes here and there and we’re good.

19. Megan Tan
    January 15, 2018 / 12:17 pm

I am never good at keeping my fitness resolutions but I like your ideas, baby steps to change. Thanks.