Slow Holidays with Inntravel

Slow holidays are holidays that help you discover the lesser-taken paths and Inntravel are specialists in providing a tailored guide to your individual specification. For the last 34 years, Inntravel has been planning slow holidays for people from all over the world including; USA and South Africa. Since their inception in 1984, they have built strong relationships with various hoteliers across Europe and other regions like Morocco. In the process they have acquired extensive knowledge on the many destinations and takes pride in planning your individualized itinerary.

inntravel - slow holidays

This post is in collaboration with Inntravel who invited me to attend the Inntravel Master Class.

The first question my mother asks me when she calls over the weekend is, which country? Because she knows are daughter is a wanderlust and is often abroad exploring some unknown city somewhere in Europe. I am fortunate to live in England where the rest of Europe is at my finger tip to wander and explore at will. It is easy for me to enjoy holidays in Europe because it is close and affordable compared to other places. For me it’s a true privilege to be able to travel as often as I do but I can’t say all my travels are ‘slow holidays’.

What is are Slow Holidays?

In this day and age, we all seem to be in a hurry in all aspects and sadly holidays too. I am totally guilty of this because in my many weekenders I am often looking to explore as much as possible. The only issue with that is I end up missing out on some ‘lesser-taken’ paths on a destination. Slow Holidays are those where you take the time to enjoy the local life as well as the cuisine. Inntravel is an expert at self-guided holidays; be it a walking holiday or cycling.

inntravel - slow holidays

At the end of the month I am taking my parents to Tuscany for a much-needed Slow and Relaxed holiday. If there is one thing I love doing whilst on holiday is taking pictures of the destinations and sharing on Instagram. Unfortunately for me my pictures are not the best quality so I invested in a proper camera. The issue with that was now I needed to learn how to operate the camera in more than the automatic mode. When the opportunity arose to attend the Inntravel Master Class run by Steve Davey I was thrilled and quickly applied. I can confidently say I picked up a lot of tips especially when he started giving pointers on our pictures. For the Tuscany holiday I am hoping to apply some the tips I picked up from the master class.

A post shared by Miranda-Anosa #UKTravelblogger (@ajulydreamer) on

So why inntravel for Slow Holidays

• Over 30 years’ experience in meticulous planning of individualised trips
  • Are a great advocates of sustainable tourism – social, economic and environmental responsibilities!
  • Bookings are ATOL protected
  • Experts in self-guided holidays to Europe
  • Based in North of England {great support of UK businesses}

Looking through my pictures and thinking of the best travel photo in Europe that I have, is Kutna Hora. On my recent trip to Prague I took a day trip to Kutna Hora where I captured St. Barbara’s church. This trip is memorable to me because it was absolutely freezing and we walked all around Kutna Hora. It was a trip I feel that encapsulated the spirit of slow holidays exploring the city like a local.

Next time you’re looking to plan a slow holiday to Europe, consider Inntravel for tailored guides.

1. February 19, 2018 / 9:53 pm

I’ve not really thought about slow holidays before, but it’s something I would consider 🙂

2. February 16, 2018 / 1:39 pm

I would love a slow holiday but most of the time we only have so many days because my husband has to get back to work. And the kids have school. One day, years from now, we’ll have to do a slow holiday!

3. Sarah Ann
    February 15, 2018 / 9:19 pm

I love the idea of a slow holiday because I’m exactly the same, I’m so keen to cram in as much as possible I miss out on hidden gems and actually just properly enjoying myself and taking in my surroundings.

4. February 16, 2018 / 10:12 am

Hon wow this sounds amazing, even better it’s UK based so easier to get to and stuff like that, i need to read up more on it to understand it better I think.

5. Bryanna M
    February 15, 2018 / 1:52 pm

this is my idea of a holiday — I love taking it slow and while I like seeing the ‘main’ attractions, I like just sitting at a cafe and taking it all in, and finding the lesser known places -bryanna skye

6. February 15, 2018 / 7:14 am

Sounds like a great company to go with when booking a holiday. I’m also a guilty of rushing through holidays too so when you get back it doesn’t even feel like you’ve had a break!

7. February 14, 2018 / 2:13 pm

I love the idea of a slow holiday. We always try and cram so much into time spent elsewhere, instead of just savouring the bits we experience. InnTravel sound great – I’ll definitely check them out!

8. beautykinguk
    February 14, 2018 / 2:06 pm

I have never come across InnTravel before but I do like the idea of a slow holiday!

9. FussFreeJen
    February 14, 2018 / 1:30 pm

I think the idea of a slow holiday is ideal. Whereas you can have a fully planned stay, with everything you want to see, allowing yourself the time to do it all without being rushed is a much better option. Tuscany will be lovely, such a beautiful region with amazing scenery and food. You’ll get some fab photos.

10. Melanie
    February 14, 2018 / 11:32 am

Looks like a fab masterclass – my hols are always fast paced so it would be great to go slow for a change x

11. February 14, 2018 / 10:41 am

I do love a slow and relaxing holiday. Sometimes we try to pack so much in that they can become stressful.

12. February 14, 2018 / 10:36 am

Kutna Hora is a stunning place you’re right there, and I am trying to not be as active on holiday sometimes just so I can spend time exploring as opposed to always being on the go and missing out on things x

13. February 14, 2018 / 10:14 am

I have never heard of inntravel before, but love the sound of slow holidays, I am going to look at where they travel too as might be the perfect holiday we are looking for x

14. shoshana sue
    February 14, 2018 / 8:38 am

Never heard of Inn travel before but if its cheaper then I would love to try it out

15. February 13, 2018 / 10:29 pm

This is my first time hearing of inntravel but I like the concept of going on a ‘slow holiday’ as like you said we often don’t take time to enjoy ourselves in the moment. Have a lovely time in Tuscany!

16. Laura Dove
    February 13, 2018 / 10:09 pm

I haven’t heard of InnTravel before but they sound great! It definitely sounds like one to consider, I would love to attend that event!

17. February 13, 2018 / 8:44 pm

InnTravel sound like the people to check out if you are looking to take a more leasurly holiday – I love they are UK based, always nice to support home business.

18. Lily Greenslade-Davey
    February 13, 2018 / 7:54 pm

This sounds like such an exceptional experience! I don’t think I’ve heard of events like this near me, but I’d definitely be interested if something like this popped up locally!