5 Accessories every woman should have in their closet

Fashion fits all, it is all down to how confident you’re in the outfits you’re putting together and wearing. And we all know, no outfit is completed without accessories which I personally think are the finishing touches. When it comes to accessories your outfits, simple is not always better but every situation differs. I am someone who loves wearing it simple outfit but maximise it with statement necklace.

We all have a personal preference and items that flatter us and those that don’t, working out which is which is important. It took me forever to work out what items worked well with my body type and which didn’t. Once I mastered that, I started focusing no adding accessories to my closet that would complete an outfit. The aim of this article is to share what items every woman should have in their wardrobe.

accessories

5 Accessories every woman should have in their closet

Every 6 weeks or so I declutter my wardrobe in hopes of giving away things I no longer need or use. Also trying to repurpose some items or replace those that I need more than the other items. Often I ask myself if I have enough accessories to pair with various outfits and in all honesty I do. But who wants to admit that when there is an opportunity to purchase new items? Regardless of my disposition, I think the following items should be in every woman’s wardrobe.

A ladies Watch

Though I am not much of a watch wearer, I do own a couple that I use to compliment outfits. One particular watch is a JORD watch which I was sent last year and have loved since forever. It is a nice statement piece that can really bring an outfit together or can be he main focus. If you already own a watch you can always update your watch by purchasing Luxury watch straps.

Gorgeous Jewellery

Ever since I was young I have had a thing for gorgeous jewellery especially statement necklaces. There is something about wearing a simple outfit but paired with a statement necklace to compliment. I often say to my friends, chose the focus location of your outfit. What I mean by that is, where do you want people to focus their eyes when admiring your outfit? Often for me it’s easier the neckline or the feet as I feel these are my best features.

A Cute Bag

Every time I check my closet I am amazed at how many handbags I have and somehow still feel I need more. All the cute hand bags have a purchase, some I only use during my travels and others for work. The ones I use for running errands are mostly crossover bags and totes which are cute to be honest. For me a good bag is one that I can use for more than two seasons.

Content not available.
Please allow cookies by clicking Accept on the banner

Nice pair of Sunnies

I have more pairs of sunglasses than I care to count and each one is used all the time. I don’t own any sunnies that stay home to gather dust, I alternate which I carry in my bag. As we rarely get any sunshine in the UK, whenever sun is mentioned on the weather forecast we pull out all the stops. Sunnies are an essential Spring and summer item that every woman should have.

A scarf

Scarves come in all shapes and sizes and for me are a year round essential piece in my closet. I used scarves for all sorts of things but mostly to keep warm and wear as head scarf to protect my hair. I like to wear the smaller and lighter ones during Spring and Summer and blanket style during Winter. Often for Autumn I opt for light but warm scarves which can be paired with pretty much anything.

When it comes to choosing accessories, for me the aforementioned are essential ones in my closet. These are the most utilised accessories and often help to make or break an outfit.

What are some of your must have accessories

1. October 8, 2018 / 2:37 pm

Yes, I agree with all of these and you should have scarves and sunglasses and bags in all kinds of designs!

2. October 8, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I confess I don’t really have any of these .. well, I have a bag, but most of them are my sisters’ and I just borrow them whenever I need one. I would not buy a bag myself though, they have never been my favourites :D.

3. Ingrid
    October 8, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I think I am developing a for fine jewelery. Though expensive quality jewellery does add a touch of class to one’s look. They definitely help you to make a statement

4. October 8, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I always rely on sunnies! For my eyes and to keep my hair out of my face lol!

5. October 8, 2018 / 2:37 pm

For me a nice pair of sunnies can liven up even the most basic of sunnies and it really does depend on the colour, shape and design of the sunglasses. I love a good pair of cat eye sunglasses myself!

6. October 8, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I’m terrible I only have 1 on this list and that’s a scarf. I really need to buy some new sun glasses so I’ll be sure to have a look around a find a pair although I think we’ve experienced summer already

7. October 8, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I have so many pairs of sunglasses, I am obsessed and can’t help buying them. Unfortunately I can’t wear a watch as they irritate my skin but I wish I could as there’s so many lovely ones out there

8. October 8, 2018 / 1:50 pm

I think the only one I have is jewelry but I admit it – I have a LOT because I just adore wearing the different pieces. It’s the one thing that can just top off an outfit to look just right.

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:50 pm

I can definitely vouch for all of these accessories! I have quite of few of each in my bedroom haha! x

10. October 8, 2018 / 1:50 pm

I am a massive scarf girl – they can really change an outfit and also scarves are great for greasy hair days too lol!

11. October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Love these, I always make sure I have sunglasses and a beaut scarf, they are my must haves for sure. I’m not a huge jewellery fan and I can’t wear wear watches so for me I would have bags and purses, I love having them to mix and match with for outfits.

12. May 20, 2018 / 7:21 pm

I always rely on sunnies! For my eyes and to keep my hair out of my face lol!

13. Ingrid
    May 14, 2018 / 7:58 pm

14. May 13, 2018 / 9:19 pm

15. May 13, 2018 / 6:23 pm

16. May 12, 2018 / 9:23 am

17. May 11, 2018 / 3:09 pm

I am a huge fan of sunglasses and love carrying them around in my bag as you never know when you might need them, oh and they can save those tired eyes 🙂

18. May 10, 2018 / 3:11 pm

19. May 10, 2018 / 1:47 pm

I would be lost without my watch – I wear it all of the time, so that is a no-brainer for me. Fab list, completely agree x

20. October 8, 2018 / 2:37 pm