Spring in 2018 has been elusive as quick silver, we are fortunate to be having some sunshine today. Over the last few weeks it’s been rain, snow, gale winds and everything in between but alas it’s here. With that calls for a good Spring cleaning routine in preparation for summer. Last week we shared our Outdoor lighting ideas for Spring, this week we’re sharing our Spring cleaning routine. We’ve also put together some alternative products you might use to spring clean your home.
I am not someone who is often excited about spring cleaning my home hence why I declutter 6-weekly. Once Spring approaches I only have the cleaning to do not the sorting as well which I feel takes up the most time. Decluttering all 6-weeks have became a blessing in disguise, often around this time I don’t do much. But if you don’t declutter throughout the year, this Spring cleaning routine is easily adoptable throughout the year.
Spring Cleaning Routine
Depending on your personality, Spring cleaning can be an enjoyable activity to do either alone or with family. I know I prefer to do most things alone but there are times when help would be appreciated. We all lead such busy lives and often don’t have an entire day to dedicate to Spring cleaning. Our Spring cleaning routine will help you to fit the cleaning alongside your busy schedule.
ONE| Write a to-do list
I am a to-do list orientated person, often you will find multiple lists which get transposed into the daily diary. Not everyone loves to-do lists and often work as they go but this can get tiring. Often it seems like you’ve not even done anything after hours of uncoordinated efforts.
Having a to-do list helps coordinated work and give a glimpse of what needs to be done. Depending on your property, you can split the to-do list into;
- How many rooms does your home have
- What needs to be done in each room
- How much time will you allocate each room
- Which room would be the quickest to do, often its the bathroom
TWO| Create a Schedule
The to-do list will help in trying to create a schedule for your home and what to tackle first. As mentioned for most the quickest and easiest room is the bathroom, then work your way through the house. Next could be the laundry room, the food pantry or even the kitchen. Putting together a schedule makes for great Spring cleaning routine that makes it much simpler.
THREE| Products to use
Over the years we’ve learnt how many of the house hold products we’ve used have toxic chemicals. It is obviously not idea but often people purchase because they do the job and are cheaper. But one click on the world-wide web and several eco-friendly alternative products are found. Vinegar and baking soda are great alternatives for removing that mold in your bathroom. You can also use bicarbonate soda to get rid of carpet odours and vinegar to remove stains.
Spring Cleaning Alternatives
I often wish I could hire someone to do the Spring cleaning for me, I mean wouldn’t that be lovely. Having someone else do all the hard work for you whilst you relax and getting on with your day. We all know for most of us this is not a justifiable expense, but one can always dream. But what if Spring cleaning wont cut it anymore, what do you do then? I have a little ritual that I go through, this ritual has 4Rs which are:
- Repair – first step is to attempt to repair the clothing or house furnishings. The cost of most things seems to be going up everyday, so where possible I try to repair. If I can not then I move to the next step.
- Repurpose – is it possible to find something I can use if for. There are times when I often surprise myself when I repurpose items and wondered why I didn’t do it sooner. I am not that creative so this is a short thinking process as often I advance to.
- Replace – at the moment I am looking to replace my current shower cubicle with one of the *Insignia Shower Enclosures. For me a shower with hydro massage would be a dream come true, I wouldn’t wanna leave. I am often in the shower longer than most people as I often meditate there. If I do manage to replace the items, often I try
- Recycle the old items. Everyday I am conscious of how much damage we are causing to our environment so where I can I recycle. Recycling is not difficult, most local councils in the UK have information about what you can recycle.
About Insignia shower outlet: A brand specializing in steam showers and hydro massage showers. They have showrooms in Birmingham and Milton Keynes and offer finance options to purchase items.
As I mentioned already Spring Cleaning is not for everyone but it must be done. If you’re like me and opt to do small jobs throughout the year, then do that as it helps during this time. What are some of your Spring cleaning tips and tricks. Do you have a routine that you follow for your home or often wing it?