3 Items I bought and regretted that I did

Recently I shared my latest fashion purchases in the New-in my wardrobe post. What the article did not cover was the items that I bought and regretted it afterwards. Often when I shop, I rarely try clothes on because well I don’t care much for changing rooms. But on this occasion I would have been better off trying the items before buying them. But, I did not and here we are with me sharing the 3 items I bought and regretted buying.

We all have moments when it feels like life is an episode and it can decide to teach us a lesson. The lesson for me it was I should start trying on clothes before I buy. This not only allows me to avoid disappointment when I get home but allows me to pick something else. There are times we buy items that we hope will fit on us as it does on the model and it rarely happens.

Bought and Regretted

3 Items I bought and regretted that I did

There are times when I see an outfit and think that looks awesome I should buy it, when I do it doesn’t fit the same. And that’s fine because we are all different and unique in our own way which shouldn’t be a bad thing. But we all know our confidence can take a slight tumble for a moment before we knock ourselves back into our senses. There are times when things including fashion causes us to lose confidence in ourselves, it is normal. How we handle it afterwards is what matters, that is the defining moment for most of us.

Sometimes us ladies often put ourselves in uncomfortable situations when it comes to being fashionable. We often get these *ideas that its ok to be like this or that in the name of fashion. Like not wearing enough during winter because we want to stay fashionable, don’t do it. Best be warm and stylish than almost frozen to dead for fashion. With that being said, here are the items I bought and regretted it afterwards.

Bought and Regretted

Non-stretchy Skinny Jeans

When it comes to skinny jeans in H&M, your size is not the same e.g. I am size 12 but I wear 16 in H&M. Most of us ladies know that one size does not fit all nor do all the shops have same sizing. I was disappointed to get home and find the one pair of jeans I loved did not fit me. Yes! I know it is my own damn fault for not trying the item on before I bought it. But to be honest, how many times have you shopped with just your eyes? You know certain shops which size you have and it has always worked, that was me. Well next time I know I will be trying things on before I leave the store with any new shopping.

Crop tops

I don’t even know why I let my sister convince me the crop top would look good on me. I knew it wouldn’t but wanted so bad to believe it would, having a chunky mid section doesn’t always bode well with crop tops. For the longest time I have avoided crop tops because they don’t suit my body type. But alas it took my sister to change my views but even then that did not work out well.

I have always been a firm believer that crop tops look better on a flat tummy than a padded one. As someone with a padded mid-section, I avoid crop tops as I don’t think they look good on me. Well with this recent plunder of a purchase, I have reconfirmed my initial thinking and won’t be purchasing crops tops again. Though I am not say I will NEVER, just saying not any time in the foreseeable future. Lesson learnt here is to trust my instincts as there are often always right.

Bought and Regretted

Jumpsuit

The final item that I bought and regretted buying is a jumpsuit, I have always had a love/hate relationship with them. The biggest annoyance is toilet time and my latest purchase took it to a while new level. Every time I see a really cute jumpsuit I aways debate whether it’s a sound choice or not. Often I say it is not because my first thoughts are how hard is it to manage come toilet time.

Anyone whose ever worn jumpsuits knows there is nothing worse than wearing a jumpsuit out and about. I hate having to be butt naked in public toilets or even slightly peeing myself because it took forever to remove. Don’t get me wrong, some jumpsuits are too cute to avoid purchasing them but they are last choice.

When was the last time you went out shopping and regretted some if not all your purchases? Especially with clothing which instinctively you knew it wouldn’t be fine but you bought it anyway?

Bought and Regretted

*Asterisked link is collaborative

1. October 8, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Yes to all of these! I just don’t have the body for crop tops, rompers, nor non-stretchy jeans! lol

2. October 8, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Since fashion is ever changing and there’s no such thing one size or style fits all, some trends or looks don’t look good for us even if in the media or ads it seemed amazing. I tend to have regrets on impulsive purchases.

3. October 8, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Very nice. While crop tops have never been a good choice for me, they look great in your photos. I do love m some stretching jeans. Those will forever be my go- to.

4. Reesa Lewandowski
    October 8, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Oh man yes, I have bought so many things I have regretted. Usually from shopping online!

5. October 8, 2018 / 2:22 pm

I love H&M but only for the kids – the sizes are too way out for me

6. October 8, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Ooh the things I’ve bought and didn’t like as much as I thought I would. Take for instance that romper. OMG! Worst purchase ever. Never again… okay maybe just a different romper next time.

7. October 8, 2018 / 2:22 pm

I have never shopped with just my eyes for pants, the difference in sizing between brands and even styles within one brand is too great for me to waste my time and money. I hate returns so if I am not sure it fits I don’t buy it.

8. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I agree with the first two, crop tops aren’t my thing anyway, neither are non stretchy jeans (they’re a killer), but I’ve never tried on a jumpsuit and would be up to it tbh

9. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I can relate to this post on so many different levels. I love jumpsuits, hate them during bathroom time. I also purchased a crock top that I have yet to wear. Don’t get me started on one non-stretchy jeans….Such an epic fail for me.

10. Melanie
    October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I’ve never worn a jumpsuit or a crop top. Thankfully, my husband thinks jumpsuits are silly, so I have his support on that one!

11. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

Ah man, and I’ve been wanting a jumpsuit this summer! I know, I have to re-think it but some of them are so cute. I agree though: non-stretch skinny jeans are just a huge no-no for me!

12. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I hate it when I buy something without trying it on – knowing it will fit – and then getting home and finding out it doesn’t fit. I had a jumpsuit once that I really loved. Haven’t tried one lately.

13. sara
    October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I am right there with you when it comes to a jumper! I think jumpers only look good on little babies. I try not to regret buying anything or else I will have to return it.

14. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

The bathroom part of jumpsuits is the reason I still do not own one. I feel you on all three items though. I don’t own any non-elasticated skinny nor a crop top. The worst regret is stuff I have ordered online which turned out to not be the same as advertised.

15. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

You got me with the jumpsuit! I am short so I have always thought that it’s not gonna look good on me but then I saw one on sale online so I got it, thinking I could alter it but now it sits in my closet and will probably go in the donation box, ugh.

16. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I have regretted so many purchases! Usually the items are always impulse, or I only need the item for a special occasion. I try not to do that any more!

17. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I let my daughter talk me into buying a crop top once because she told me it looked good. And guess what? I’ve never worn it! They’re definitely not for women with mum tums! LOL

Louise x

18. October 8, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I agree with the first two although I have to say I do love a jumpsuit, although like you said a real inconvenience if you need to go to the toilet

Laura x

19. October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

I’ve been so tempted to buy a jumpsuit because they are comfy around the middle. Since I mostly purchase on-line I’m thinking it might be a regret though.

20. Reesa Lewandowski