Are you ready for summer 2018, Summer Essentials

Are you ready for summer 2018? British weather is very unpredictable at best but of late, we’ve been enjoying summer. The weather has been amazing and it’s forecasted to continue for another few weeks. Not knowing when we might enjoy such glorious weather again, we definitely need to make use of it.

Whenever summer comes around, there are always summer essentials that I make sure I have. Whether I will be off to the local beach of to a neighbours pool, these are my summer essentials. These are items I make sure I have with me always or make sure to replace them.

SUMMER ESSENTIALS

Summer Essentials – #beachready

This year I am hoping I will make it to a UK beach and just bask in the incredible weather. I don’t have any specific plans yet but I know one of these weekends I need to venture off to the beach. But before that happens, here are some items I encourage everyone to make sure they have handy.

Skincare – SPF50

If there is one piece of advice I can give to my readers is the important of protecting your skin. People often rush to enjoy the summer but often forget they need to stay protected in the summer heat. The UK might not bask often in the heat but it regards it is important to have sunscreen. Even during the winter months, the heat waves as strong enough, sunscreen is paramount.

Beachwear – *Simply beach or *UK Swimwear

I have a few pair of beachwear items that I often fall back on and have worn out. Thankfully, Simply Beach and UK Swimwear sent me some lovely swimwear that I can’t wait to show off. When the opportunity arose to collaborate with these two brands I jumped at it. Having previously worked with both and loved their items, I couldn’t accept fast enough. Whether you’re a one piece person (like me) or prefer bikinis, you won’t be disappointed. If you are struggling to choose between a bikini or swimsuit this summer, UK Swimwear can help you decide.

SUMMER ESSENTIALS

Hydration

If there is one thing I am often guilty of day in and out is forgetting to stay hydrated throughout my day. But of late, the heat has been unbearable it has been easier to always have a bottle of water with me. During the summer months we lose more water than other seasons, hence why it is important to stay hydrated.

Outfit Essentials

When it comes to items that I often take with me to the beach, apart from swimwear its a few essentials. At the beach you will often find me wearing one of two favourite items; maxi-dress or denim shorts. It is more convenient having these two items as I can wear my swimwear underneath.

Aftersun care

I wasn’t always too keen on having aftersun care until I tried the Hawaiian aftersun cream. Its been a few years now and I always make sure I have my aftersun care to protect my skin. I don’t often wear SPF so I make sure when I come back in I apply some aftersun cream.

Apart from ensuring my pack my beach bag full of snacks and beach towel, I rarely take anything else. I might pack a book or magazine but to be honest, after splashing I enjoy a long snooze. And there you have it, my summer essentials, what is on your list? Are you ready for summer 2018?

*Asterisked links are collaborative

1. July 17, 2018 / 2:30 pm

Protective cream with SPF is the first thing I buy when warm days come. For me, this is the most important thing.

2. July 7, 2018 / 10:45 pm

Sunscreen is my number one product to have on hand during the summer!!! Skin protection is a big concern for me.

3. July 7, 2018 / 10:35 pm

Summer is such an amazing time, so sad that it’s passing by so fast. These are definitely summer essentials that every lady should have.

4. Gen
    July 6, 2018 / 10:55 pm

Yes to sunscreen! People always neglect using one but I hope we tske good care of our skin and use sunscreen everyday even if its not summer, your skin will thank you later.

5. July 6, 2018 / 6:21 pm

Great list! Hydration is super super important during the summer months right now as we explore the rocky mountains we can’t seem to get enough water it is so dry here in the mountains!

6. July 6, 2018 / 1:39 pm

I love aloe vera, also keeping hydrated is so essential 🙂 thank you for these reminders

7. July 6, 2018 / 12:46 am

All of these are essentials for summer at our house. The sunscreen is definitely important here because we don’t want to burn. We use spf 50 as well.

8. July 5, 2018 / 9:02 pm

Agree with after sun care. It is so much needed. Great post!

9. Rosey
    July 5, 2018 / 5:20 pm

I need to get some new beachwear. I got some for my son recently because he outgrew last year’s but I’m ready for a change in style too!

10. July 5, 2018 / 2:34 pm

Thanks for the reminder, I really need to get all of the above as mine are either out of dated or finished last year. Agreed that we need to take care of our skin.

11. Sudipta Dev Chakraborti
    July 5, 2018 / 12:15 pm

Thanks for the interesting post on summer essentials. We’ve just faced a tough summer in Mumbai, before the onset of monsoons.

12. July 4, 2018 / 10:38 pm

Skincare is so important in the heat! I always have different lotions with me. I also try to always have a water bottle.

13. July 4, 2018 / 8:08 pm

Sun protection, hydration, and aloe for after! We always pack a portable speaker with us too, because music is life 🙂 And don’t forget sunglasses. I hardly ever wear mine but at the beach, they are a must!

14. July 4, 2018 / 2:57 pm

I do agree with your points but in India the city where I stay doesnt have beach. It is way too hot and humid. Moreover No sunscreen suits me as my skin as it is way too sensitive. Please suggest something for me.