Take Twelve Trips – June 2018 Lake District Highlight

Take Twelve Trips challenges everyone to make use of the 12 months and travel to 12 new places. The places you choose to travel to should be new to you and can be local or abroad. I remember when I first joined the travel challenge back in December 2015, it was absolutely exhilarating. Don’t get me wrong, I was scared shitless but my will to explore new places was stronger than fear.

Glamping in the Lake District

I am sure this is very callous of me to say but solo travel is not for everyone nor should it be. When I started solo travelling, I did not know how long I was going to stick with it. Of late I have found myself wanting to continue solo travelling but also wanting some company too. One thing that most solo travellers don’t share is the lonely side of being along on your travels.

Again don’t get me wrong, it’s nice being able to do what you want in a manner that you want. But there are times when some company with someone you know and trust is very much welcome. This is why on my recent adventures I chose to book a mini family break to the Lake District.

Take Twelve Trips – June 2018 Lake District Highlight

The Lake District has been on my bucketlist for the longest time ever, I couldn’t wait to visit. As a family we rarely go on vacations together, I take my parents abroad with me but not the whole family. I felt this year we needed to go on a mini break as a family. Thanks to Groupon who had awesome glamping deals, I was able to purchase two glamping pods for 7 people.

Glamping in the Lake District

As a family we are all scattered across the UK, the Lake District is in the Northern region of England. We all had a minimum of 3 hours drive to Cumbria where Wild Rose Holiday Park is located. As the Lake District is on the highlands we had a lot of uphill driving going on. Not only that but the roads were curvy plus loads of animals walking along the roads. It was an interesting drive for sure.

We arrived at the holiday park around mid-day, check in was super easy and easy hive has parking spots. Each hive is allowed 1 car but we have enough space between the hives to park our 3 cars. One thing we noticed on arriving at the holiday park was the variety of glamping modes. They have hives (4 persons), ponds (4 persons)  and caravans (6 persons) which is very impressive.

Glamping in the Lake District

There were 7 of us and it made sense to book 2 hives as it was the most cost-effective for our family. The hives had more space than we had originally anticipated. Each hive has two double sized sofa beds, a kitchen unit with modern units, bathroom and linen cupboard. The hives are definitely big enough for a family of four and there is enough room for a cot.

We definitely enjoyed our visit the Lake District and made sure to go for a walk in the town of Appleford. The holiday park is nice and has some things to do as a family but taking a walk to the closest village is better. We definitely made new memories and had such a relaxing time away as a family, I can not wait to create more memories.

Glamping in the Lake District

1. Pam Wattenbarger
    October 8, 2018 / 1:58 pm

What a fun challenge! I need to start doing this one myself. It’s good to get out of your comfort zone and the lake district looks like a great place to camp.

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:06 pm

The Lake District looks like a wonderful place for an adventure. Glamping is a fun way to get out there and see new places!

3. robin rue
    October 8, 2018 / 1:06 pm

The Lake District sure seems like a great vacation destination. I would love to visit that area someday!

4. July 19, 2018 / 6:39 pm

You know it looks like you actually enjoyed yourself! This is something I ought to try out one of these days.

5. October 8, 2018 / 3:56 pm

6. July 19, 2018 / 1:56 pm

7. July 19, 2018 / 10:57 am

So far, road tripping is our favorite thing to do as a family. We don’t plan very much because we love the surprise that comes with discovering something new.

8. July 19, 2018 / 9:35 am

I’ve never been glamping before, this looks like a wonderful opportunity. Especially long with the family.

9. October 8, 2018 / 3:57 pm

10. October 8, 2018 / 3:57 pm

11. July 19, 2018 / 4:41 am

I can’t get past the little house. I want to live in one. It’s so awesome!

12. July 19, 2018 / 2:40 am

I love the idea of 12 trips in 12 months. Such an awesome thing to look forward to. And the Lake District seems wonderful!

13. Pam Wattenbarger