The best waterpark hotels in Europe

They say that you can’t please all of the people, all of the time, but if there’s one thing I’ve found, it’s that a waterpark hotel will keep even the pickiest and divided families smiling.

Tour operators and hotels have clearly cottoned onto the winning formula of fun + water = happy families. Which is why chains such as SplashWorld hotels have aimed to corner the market by springing up in some of the most popular holiday destinations. This is great for parents who want to take the hassle out of summer-holiday planning, but by digging a little deeper, there are even more treasures to be found to suit a wide variety of budgets.

It’s no secret that travelling with young ones can be fraught with worry and expense, but a European waterpark hotel can if booked at the right time, offer the perfect combination of value, peace of mind and fun, which is why I’ve done some research.

Ready to dip your toe in and get inspired? Let’s dive in and take a look at my top picks, listed in no particular order.

The Aquashow Park Hotel, Portugal

Known for its gorgeous weather, mouthwatering food and family-friendly atmosphere, Portugal is an ideal holiday destination and has sought to confirm its reputation as being great for all ages, with an exciting water-based hotel complex. Essentially, you never need to leave the site, as everything is provided, but that might be a shame, given the natural beauty of Portugal itself.

Key Selling Points

• State-of-the-art water attractions, all located within the private complex
  • Multiple themed attractions for kids, including roller coasters and animal shows
  • A clean, modern four-star hotel building that can cater to any and all needs
  • A free-to-use fun kids’ club, when adults need some alone time

Sidari Waterpark Hotel, Greece

Recognised as a family-first hotel, Sidari has a lot to offer kids and adults, thanks to beautifully maintained gardens, safe waterslides and tranquil pools. The hotel itself has just 20 rooms, making it a suitably relaxing and quiet, but that won’t mean boredom for little ones, I promise! As for the food on offer, let’s just say that the finest Greek cuisine is available day and night, as well as some favourites from back home, for those picky eaters!

Key Selling Points

• A small complex that will never feel too overcrowded
  • It’s within walking distance of a beautiful stretch of beach and the main road
  • Children can use two special swimming pools and enjoy six large waterslides, all free of charge
  • Evening entertainment is put on every night, including barbecues, karaoke and even magic shows

Hotel Europa Splash & Spa, Spain

Now here’s a hotel that has given equal priority to both the needs of adults and children! While little ones frolic and have fun in a safe shallow pool, filled with slides and other fun structures, teens can venture into the deeper pool to test their mettle on steeper, faster-moving slides. But what about us weary parents, you ask? Well, that’s where the luxurious spa facilities come in! There’s nothing like some relaxing treatments to do you the world of good, so hop in and find out for yourself, just why spas come so highly recommended for optimum health.

Key Selling Points

• The facilities are all-inclusive, meaning that you have nothing to worry about at all, once you’ve arrived
  • As well as a waterpark, there are numerous activities for children to try
  • The complex is just a stone’s throw from a gorgeous beach
  • Parents can enjoy some much-needed ‘me time’

Villages Nature, France

A thoroughly recommended hotel for those of you looking to visit Disneyland Paris, Villages Nature is an enclosed complex with a difference and seeks to bring the outside in, thanks to its housing one of the biggest waterparks in Europe that is reliant on geothermal energy, called the Aqualagon. Ahhh, you say… a waterpark with an eco conscience? That’s niche, but also fabulous!

Key Selling Points

• Located within minutes of Disneyland Paris
  • Offers a variety of accommodation options, including individual cottages
  • There is far more on offer than just water slides, including tubing, white-water rivers, shallow pools for youngsters and even an aquatic climbing wall
  • Outdoor lagoons are kept at a balmy 30°C all year

As you can see, it doesn’t matter where you and your family are keen to visit, as there will no doubt be a waterpark hotel just waiting for you. From gorgeous Greece through to sunny Spain, European hotspots have picked up on the need for all-around family fun and you know what that means…your next holiday is guaranteed to be wet and wild!

1. September 8, 2018 / 10:36 am

This looks amazing, my boy would certainly love it. If we go to Disney Land this would be good to visit.

2. September 7, 2018 / 2:04 pm

My kids would never want to come home! I swear I have 2 fish!

3. September 7, 2018 / 2:02 pm

If I ever get over to Europe I am staying at one of these! That would be such a blast!

4. September 7, 2018 / 1:56 pm

Oh my goodness these hotels look like a LOT of fun! My girls would be thrilled to visit.

5. September 7, 2018 / 4:04 am

Waterparks are so much fun plus it’s nice to include this in your trip if you’re planning to take the kids to Europe. All that walking and going on tours can be tiring and this is a nice break for them!

6. Wendy
    September 6, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Wow!! These all look and sound fabulous! I like the idea of doing a bumper holiday to France, Disneyland followed by the eco conscious water park!xx

7. September 6, 2018 / 5:48 am

I’ve never stayed at a waterpark hotel. It sounds like it would be a great place for a family that really enjoys water to stay.

8. Cathy Mini
    September 6, 2018 / 5:44 am

What a very beautiful place to visit with my husband. I would love to go there soon!

9. September 6, 2018 / 4:39 am

Oh gosh I love a good waterpark! I would love to chance to visit these hotels and waterparks one day!!

10. September 6, 2018 / 1:22 am

Post about all these water parks want me to planning to make a trip to Europe. Looks like so much fun and great place for family to enjoy the vacation.

11. Pam
    September 6, 2018 / 12:47 am

Hotel Europa looks awesome. I love that it is an all inclusive resort. It’s nice not having to worry about what to eat and how to get around.

12. September 5, 2018 / 9:56 pm

Oooh, I don’t usually think of waterparks and Europe together, but that would be fun! Especially in Greece – it’s at the top of my bucket list!

13. Joline
    September 5, 2018 / 9:54 pm

When we think Europe we don’t necessarily think waterparks but you’ve completely changed our minds about that. These places look so much fun for the whole family.

14. September 5, 2018 / 8:57 pm

Oh I used to love a water park! I broke my back a few years ago and cant do them these days!

15. September 5, 2018 / 7:19 pm

My kids love waterparks. I can’t believe how many great locations there are in Europe. My kids would have a blast at any of these locations!

16. September 5, 2018 / 6:33 pm

So fun! My family always enjoys waterparks. These look great. We’d probably go to the one by Disneyland Paris and then head to Disneyland Paris the next day!

17. Melanie
    September 5, 2018 / 3:57 pm

This looks like a fantastic place to go on a holiday. I know that kids would definitely like it a lot!

18. September 5, 2018 / 3:54 pm

I never knew Europe had waterparks and these look amazing. The water looks so refreshing and the weather is still quite warm.

19. Candy
    September 5, 2018 / 3:36 pm

Going to a water park while in Europe isn’t something we would have thought of. Now we know where the best ones are located to visit

20. September 5, 2018 / 3:13 pm

This hotel looks like so much fun and a place that my family would love to stay at. I have to look into staying here for our next trip to Europe.

21. robin rue
    September 5, 2018 / 2:15 pm

We LOVE going to water park hotels. In fact, we have planned at least one weekend getaway around them. I would love to check these ones out someday.

22. September 5, 2018 / 11:04 am

Wow these look incredible, that first picture is like a kids (and an adults) dream!! Saving this for holiday inspo.

23. September 4, 2018 / 10:25 pm

I’ve never been to a waterpark hotel before. I didn’t even know they existed. Sounds like a great idea!

24. September 4, 2018 / 3:39 pm

These look like some really amazing places to take the kids. I love water parks and so does my teenager 🙂

25. September 4, 2018 / 7:52 am

Mine LOVES swimming so anything with a child friendly pool has our vote. I was just looking at the hotel near Disneyland, Paris the other day. I hadn’t realised that the pool would be heated all year round! Going to have a closer look 😊

26. September 3, 2018 / 9:02 pm

Thank you for this post, waterparks is my nightmare as i hate water, however my hubby and daughters love the water so we always need to look for local waterparks when we are on holiday.

27. September 3, 2018 / 6:36 pm

those are fantastic suggestions , we are planning to go somwhere fun next year and i will be definitely looking into your suggestions