Best Autumn Accessories

When it comes to finding the best autumn accessories, I always consult Pinterest for ideas. This time was no different, I have compiled my favourite autumn accessories poised to compliment most outfits.

What I love about accessorising is that you can add whatever pieces you want to compliment an outfit. If I wanted to add top designer handbags or my favourite purse to an outfit, I would add it. It is all about how you feel it complements the overall outfit. In this article, I will share my favourite autumn accessories around this time of year.

Autumn Accessories; Style & Comfort

Those who know me know I love nothing more than being comfortable in what I wear. I am the comfort over style type of girl but that doesn’t mean I don’t try to be stylish. In autumn it is all about layering and staying warm as they weather throws a tantrum.

To those lucky enough to be enjoying the summer heat still, you lot can hold off on these. But if you’re unlucky like me, then these autumn accessories should be in your wardrobe.

Sheepskin gloves

Gloves should be a staple around this time especially sheepskin types.  These gloves offer both style and warmth which is essential at this time of year. Without even trying, these type of gloves exude style and provides warmth. In autumn you’re looking for gloves that are warm enough but not too bulky.

Scarf

There are so many scarves out there and it’s all about finding the best style for you. Are you more of a snood, faux fur or like me a nice British tartan scarf. God save the Queen, tartan goes with everything, and it never goes out of style.

Every autumn and (mostly) winter, I find myself buying more and more scarves. What can I say, I am a girl who loves being warm and scarves protect my neck.

Studs

As the months get colder, wearing big loppy earrings is a no-no fashion-wise. Not only that but they just make you feel cold behind the ears. Obviously, a simple cure is to a scarf and maybe a coat too.

But the downside to that is my studs always get stuck in my scarves and before I know it, its ouch! These are why I prefer to are studs as they always look cute and are super versatile.

Other Essential Autumn Accessories

Though I wouldn’t necessarily consider these items to be accessories, they are essential. I am including them as they are must-have items, the weather is cooler, muddy and rainy.

Umbrella

I don’t think you would be considered a true Brit if you didn’t have brolly stashed somewhere. It doesn’t matter the season, umbrellas are essential items, of late its, been raining so adding it to the list.

A nice leopard print brolly to capture my spirit animal, I’m a sucker for a good animal print. I am a woman of style and detail, animal print, like tartan is a wardrobe staple.

Wellies or Boots

I love my wellies as it seems to always been raining in the UK but I love my boots too. When it comes to shopping for autumn, you need at least two types; knee length or ankle boots.

For knee-high boots, I would recommend them in a nice burgundy or graphite grey. These will be perfect for those cold, or wet days, whereas a nice ankle boot is perfect for the first days of autumn.  In terms of style for ankle boots are, I recommend suede and leather. Such a great combination of style plus ankle boots can be worn during weather transition.

Trench Coat

Trench coats always look chic and are proven to be wardrobe staple items. They help complete and create a look making any and every outfit look fashionable.

During autumn, you don’t need really thick coats until winter time. Trench coats can be light and be worn throughout Autumn.

What other items would you add to your autumn essentials list?

This is a collaborative post

1. October 8, 2018 / 3:29 pm

I love a new scarf. Studs are my go to on the daily. I change them out on special occasions.

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:24 pm

This is the perfect list! I would seriously be down with getting some new fall wears and items.

3. October 8, 2018 / 1:24 pm

I agree with you these are beautiful as well as comfortable autumn accessories. I need to find good jacket this time, as all my other ones are gone bad.

4. bryanna
    October 8, 2018 / 1:24 pm

I love a good scarf! probably the accessory I have the most of to be honest! 🙂

5. October 8, 2018 / 1:24 pm

Loving this list, and that you added studs. I wear them throughout the year, but I’ve always found that they match my fall outfits best.

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:24 pm

Yep. Pretty much all of these are top of my lists too!!

7. October 8, 2018 / 1:24 pm

When I think about autumn, trench coat and boots always comes to mind. Though I am thinking of adding scarves to my look if it fits nicely with my outfit.

8. October 8, 2018 / 1:23 pm

Ooo the winter weather has deffo hit us. A good brolly is essential along with a pair of boots and welliebobs x

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:23 pm

I just bought new autumn boots today, Im all set for the cold weather!

10. October 8, 2018 / 1:23 pm

You cannot beat a comfortable pair of cute boots, a fluffy scarf and a hot chocolate in your hand during Autumn! It’s the best season!

11. October 8, 2018 / 1:23 pm

Autumn for me is jeans, jumper and boots with a nice scarf. I bought one of those enormous scarves but found it too hot even though it looked good x

12. October 8, 2018 / 1:22 pm

I have the coolest Wellies. They are yellow and white striped and so comfy! Cant wait to use them this season!

13. Pam
    October 8, 2018 / 1:22 pm

Scarves are definitely my must have fall accessory. My neck and ears get cold so easily, and scarves are the perfect solution.

14. October 8, 2018 / 1:22 pm

I love wearing studs!! Big earrings get in my way and I don’t like heavy earrings so studs work for me!!

15. October 8, 2018 / 1:22 pm

I need to buy a new warm winter coat as I think it’s going to get cold quite quickly but I definitely have enough pairs of boots now x

16. October 8, 2018 / 1:22 pm

Oh yes comfy over style! I am out walking my dog every day and I have to wear comfy clothes but I don’t want to look rubbish either. I think adding the bits you’ve mentioned would keep me looking stylish!

17. October 8, 2018 / 1:22 pm

I’ll bet this is great fall wardrobe inspiration! I’ll pass this on to my wife and she if she wants to add anything to hers. Thanks for this.

18. October 8, 2018 / 1:22 pm

Autumn is coming quick here in Maine. I am going to need to take this advice sooner than I want to admit. Especially with regard to Wellies….

19. October 8, 2018 / 1:22 pm

I have to have plaid. Plaid scarves, shoes, sweaters… A good trench coat is a must as it rains here in the fall.

20. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

I am such a fan of Autumn, I think my fave accessories for the season are ankle boots!