• Autumn Fashion Essentials 2018

Autumn has officially arrived, the weather is cooler most days than it is sunny. The change in weather has called for a change in wardrobe hence the autumn fashion essentials. The autumn fashion essentials are items that we recommend but are not the law.

Even though I am a summer baby, this year I have been looking forward to autumn more than ever. Summer was incredibly hot which is not something we are used to in the UK. The arrival of autumn is definitely a welcomed change and I couldn’t be more excited.

Autumn Fashion Essentials 2018

When it comes to autumn, its all about knowing how to layer your clothes and still look cute. I am a jeans kind of girl because I am not much of a wearing tights fan. But autumn definitely brings out the best in me because I am willing to try it all.

I probably should provide a disclaimer and say, what I consider to be autumn fashion essentials may differ from yourselves. The aim of this article is to give an idea of what to items to have for autumn.

Knee High vs Ankle Boots

I am a girl who loves both knee high and ankle boots but prefer to wear ankle during autumn. Rarely do I wear short dresses, shorts or mini skirts which wearing knee boots would work best for. I also don’t like wearing tights so ankle boots are my favourite choice of jeans.

Skinny vs Mum Jeans

In my closet, you will find more skinny jeans than mum jeans as I wear them year round. Skinny jeans can be dressed up or down depending on the look you’re after. I have one pair of mum jeans which I love to wear when I am after something look and comfortable.Ā

Jumpers vs Cardigans

I am a cardigan girl through and through, and jumpers only wore when I have no cardigans. Autumn is still warm enough to survive wearing a thick cardigan and jumpers are too warm.

Accessories

When it comes to autumn fashion, the few accessories you have the better for the outfit. One statement necklace is great for summer but for autumn, I prefer something simple. Another accessory I recommend highly is a scarf, I wear them year round but more in autumn and winter. Definitely started working on thick tights and socks which are essentials as well.

Other accessories that should be included are beanie hats which I just love to wear. The weather has turned and more of us with afro hair we’ve done protective hairstyles. Wearing a beanie can keep your head and hair warmer and protect from the cold air.

Drop Shoulder Chunky Knit Jumper
    Ankle Booties
    Ankle Boots
    Skinny Jeans
    Off shoulder jumpsuit
    Scallop Shorts
    Floral Print Dress

And there you have it, my autumn fashion essentials for 2018. I am sure you have other items that you consider to be essentials during autumn. With this post, I am hoping it gives even one person an idea of items to have in the closet.

Autumn fashion

1. October 8, 2018 / 3:24 pm

You gotta have sweaters, scarves and boots. Oh yeah and a little bit of flannel too!

2. October 8, 2018 / 3:24 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever worn knee-high boots. However, like you, I love to wear ankle boots in Autumn!

3. October 8, 2018 / 3:24 pm

Autumn is my FAVE season fashion-wise!!!! It’s hard in Florida though, because it’s still so hot! I just love the boots and sweaters though.

4. October 8, 2018 / 3:23 pm

I live in FL so basically, our Fall fashion essentials are the same as our Summer fashion essentials. I wish it wasn’t that way though!

5. October 8, 2018 / 3:23 pm

I never could stand long boots on myself-although they look great on some people. I also love a great sweater in cool weather!

6. October 8, 2018 / 3:23 pm

Great list of essentials! I’m all for boots for the fall months, especially knee boots. Looking forward to going shopping and adding to my fall wardrobe.

7. October 8, 2018 / 3:23 pm

OH I love gettting my autumn jumpers out for this season. I found some boots I got last winter in the bottom of my wardrobe. Was such a treat that I’d forgotten all about them!

8. October 8, 2018 / 3:23 pm

I basically just wear the same jeans all year long but switch from t-shirts to sweatshirts when it gets chilly out! I don’t own many boots since I’m most comfortable in sneakers.

9. October 8, 2018 / 3:23 pm

I love jeans and ankle boots too for Autumn. Actually- mid calf boots are my favs. So comfy! 😊

10. October 8, 2018 / 3:23 pm

Summer is hanging on here in Missouri. Today it was 97 and blistering hot. I know autumn will show its face soon and I am ready. I love my ankle boots, and wear them almost daily.

11. October 8, 2018 / 3:17 pm

I am so ready for fall weather. Yesterday it was 86 degrees here in Wisconsin. I love cardigans, my comfy jeans and boots.

12. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

I really love everything that you have picked out here. These are absolutely perfect for the fall. The suggestions you have here I would use each one of them.

13. Wendy
      October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

Hello my fellow cardigan lover!! I have so many cardis and always get excited when autumn arrives because it means I can buy more! I love ankle boots too but I actually think I might buy some knee high ones this year xx

14. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

I love the Fall fashion too and wear leggings and skinny jeans with my sweaters. I can&#8217t wait for Fall weather now!

15. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

It’s been unusually hot and sticky here in New Jersey. It’s not usually this bad in September!

16. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

I love Autumn as I love wearing jeans, woolly jumpers and boots. This reminds me I really need to invest in some new jumpers and boots when I get paid x

17. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

I am definitely an ankle boot and cardigan girl when it comes to Autumn….the weather has been too warm to wear them yet here…crazy!

18. October 8, 2018 / 1:20 pm

I am a skinny jean person as I love dressing them up with a chunky sweater and long boots

19. October 8, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Some fantastic items here! The weather is well and truly turning at the moment so the more Autumn fashion you can buy the better!

20. Candy
      October 8, 2018 / 1:20 pm

I love big bulky comfortable sweaters. A pair of tall boots and pair of short boots are a must.

21. October 8, 2018 / 1:20 pm

I’m an ankle boots lover – they are just so comfortable and warm during those cooler months šŸ™‚

22. October 8, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Autumn is definitely here. Getting colder everyday. I will be cracking my knee high boots and thick jumpers out the wardrobe soon.

23. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

These are great fall pieces. Fall is rapidly approaching here and I could use some cozy clothes. I love the colors and how cozy these look.

24. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

I’m a mum jeans, ankle boots and cardi-wearing lady. I’m all about the comfort in autumn, although it’ll be a while before I have to pack my summer wardrobe away as we still have hot weather where we are x

25. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Ha! I have none of these essentials. I am still rocking the booty shorts and tank tops because it’s still 90 degrees in LA!

26. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

I need to update my Autumn wardrobe. Any excuse to buy more cardigans!

27. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Oh my I LOVE autumn!! I need to the weather to cool down just a touch more and then I will break out all my fall booties, jeans and floppy hats!!

28. Melanie
      October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

I am still waiting on cooler weather to arrive. It is still very hot here. Fall is always my favorite time because I enjoy layering with sweaters!

29. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

30. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

I prefer cardigans over jumpers as well. I’ve never owned knee-high booths, need to look into getting a pair!

31. Pam
      October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

If it ever cools down here, I will need this post. My fall wardrobe could definitely use a refresh.

32. September 21, 2018 / 12:28 am

I love the Fall fashion too and wear leggings and skinny jeans with my sweaters. I can’t wait for Fall weather now!

33. Wendy
      September 20, 2018 / 8:55 pm

34. September 20, 2018 / 10:37 am

35. September 20, 2018 / 8:52 am

36. September 20, 2018 / 1:00 am

37. September 19, 2018 / 4:58 pm

OH I love gettting my autumn jumpers out for this season. I found some boots I got last winter in the bottom of my wardrobe. Was such a treat that Iā€™d forgotten all about them!

38. September 19, 2018 / 5:00 am

39. September 19, 2018 / 3:08 am

Great list of essentials! Iā€™m all for boots for the fall months, especially knee boots. Looking forward to going shopping and adding to my fall wardrobe.

40. September 19, 2018 / 1:55 am

41. September 19, 2018 / 1:13 am

42. September 19, 2018 / 12:21 am

43. September 18, 2018 / 9:25 pm

44. September 18, 2018 / 9:24 pm

45. Pam
      September 18, 2018 / 9:16 pm

46. September 18, 2018 / 6:56 pm

I need to update my Autumn wardrobe. Any excuse to buy more cardigans!

47. September 18, 2018 / 6:54 pm

48. September 18, 2018 / 5:58 pm

49. Melanie
      September 18, 2018 / 5:39 pm

50. September 18, 2018 / 4:55 pm

51. September 18, 2018 / 4:28 pm

I love jeans and ankle boots too for Autumn. Actually- mid calf boots are my favs. So comfy! šŸ˜Š

52. September 18, 2018 / 4:25 pm