Back to uni essentials lists, all the important items
college university students should take with them on their new adventure. Starting university can be such an exciting time, meeting new people and studying your chosen degree. They say you make
In the UK, most university students start this week also known as freshers week. Most will be moving from home and moving into either campus accommodation or off campus. Regardless of which accommodation you will move into, these back to uni essentials will be useful.
Back to Uni essentials
Most dorms in the UK already provide kitchen essentials like microwave, stoves and fridges. The following is not provided but some can be purchased at the university/college.
- Bedding – duvet set, pillows and covers and fitted sheets.
- Bed comforter – dorms can be quite chilling during the winter months
- Laundry basket and detergent – if you’re lucky your dorm will have laundrette.
- Desk lamp and alarm clock
- Cleaning products and toiletries
- Cushion for your chair
- Plastic storage or shelving units
- Water bottle, utensils, rice cooker and coffee maker
- Clothing and hangers
- Bathroom essentials – things like soap, towels, shower gel
Other Uni Essentials
The list above lists just the basics but there are other equally uni essentials. I definitely needed these when classes started and found great deals online. Some things are best bought later than earlier to grab some good deals.
- Computer – I bought mine via my university who had some deals with the local computer company
- Printer, ink cartridge and paper – even though the uni libraries offered these at a fee, it was cheaper having my own
- Binders and dividers – I love to make my own notes and print slides, binders became essential
- Pens, pencils, markers and highlighters.
- Backpack or laptop bag – I prefer to backpacks as I can carry a lot more
- Flash drive, notebooks, post-it and calculator – must-have items
- Headphones and game boards – I am a strong believer in working hard and playing hard too.
Over the last couple of years, I have been doing my postgrad master’s degree and have loved it. It’s a little different as I don’t live on campus nor do I go to classes regularly. Though these essentials are great, the Back to School Essentials has been handier.