Back to school is in full force in England, Scotland and Wales. All my social media timelines are full of pictures of kids first day at school. It is exciting for many parents and kids to be back at school for another academic year. If your kids are not yet back to school and you’re still compiling essentials, we hope this guide will be helpful.
When it comes to buying back to school essentials, it takes a lot of planning. I remember when I was young, my mum always used to look through our previous items. There is no point in wasting money buying new items which won’t get used by the children. Always have a plan before you head out to make purchases for back to school essentials.
Back to School Essentials
Depending on what year your child is going to be in, certain items are essentials. In our back to school essentials guide, we are sharing items that every child above reception will need. These items can be found at your any general store or online shops like office stationery. Regardless of where you make your back to school essentials purchase, it should be items your child needs. Here are some ideas of what essentials should be on your list.
- School uniform – very essential item for all students
- School Shoes and socks – a must have
- Backpacks – these are the best types of school bags and can pack a lot of items
- Pencil case – must have to store all the stationery
- Pencils – depending on what year the child is in
- Pens – these are dependent on what year your child is
- Highlighters – great from highlighting notes
- Notebook – always nice to have a notebook to write reminders in
- School Books – school year dependent
- Sticky notes – very handy when making notes
- Calculate – also dependent on how old your child is
- Water bottle
Back to School
Not So Essential Back to School items
The items we’ve shared above are definite must-have items for back to school. The following items are not essential but are nice to have items that you can essential your child carries. Again, some of these items are age-dependent and might not be applicable to some.
- Deodorant or body spray
- lip gloss or balm
- pads or tampoon
- panty liners
- hair ties and clips
I am excited that school is back and though it can be daunting for some kids. Going to school was one of the best times of my life and miss my friends and the teachers. There are other items that student might need especially the older ones starting university. We will be sharing a separate essentials guide for university student soon.