• Budget Friendly Kitchen Renovations Ideas

When it comes to home renovations, kitchen renovations can be one of the most expensive renovations ever. Not only can it be costly, but it can also be time-consuming and an inconvenience to daily life. In this article, we aim to share some of our tops tips which are quick, easy and budget friendly.

As I mentioned recently, Home Renovations, we’ve been wanting to update our family home. The idea is to tackle one room at a time, we started off with the living and stripped the walls. Next update is the kitchen because we are trying to keep costs down, these are some ideas we’ve come up with.

Budget Friendly Kitchen Renovations Ideas

When it comes to renovating the kitchen, there is so much to take into account. The kitchen is the heart of every home, and unless you’re hiring contractors and designers, it’s a massive job to take. It’s a job that will disrupt routine and can be a major pain. The following ideas are those that will work around your daily routine and guaranteed to be budget friendly.

Give Your Kitchen a Face Lift

It is amazing what a lick of paint can do to a room, there are so many sins that can be covered up. Not everyone can afford to buy brand new kitchen units, painting and upcycling is the next best thing.

Repair and Replace

Even with a small budget, there are some things that can be repaired or replaced. If the countertops are looking worse for wear, give them a little love. Either paint them over, repurpose or replace them instead of the entire kitchen. If you were however looking to replace the entire kitchen unit, Kitchen Warehouse has some affordable choices.

Light Up the Place

Changing lighting in your kitchen is another way to spruce up the place. These days more shops like Ikea have some creating lighting styles which can add some excitement to your kitchen.

The ideas are just a few that we have decided to use in hopes of keeping the kitchen renovations costs down. One thing that is very important to us is to ensure we keep the theme of our home throughout the renovations. Nothing worse than over improving the kitchen and it doesn’t match the theme of your home.

The final thing we’ve considered doing is updating our kitchen floor. But the current tiles and match the theme of our home. These days, laminate floorings are very affordable, if we did want to update our kitchen floor, they are our first choice.

1. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

These are lovely ideas and suggestions for people who would like to update their kitchen but are limited to a strict budget. You really do not have to spend too much to achieve that dream kitchen you’ve always wanted.

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Our kitchen is only 5 years old but it could already do with a new lick of paint etc. I definitely think so more lighting would help.

3. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

While kitchen renovations can be costly, it’s fun how small changes can make such a big difference. A friend of mine recently changed all the hardware on her kitchen cabinets and drawers and it changed the look of the whole kitchen!

4. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

We are updating our kitchen too starting with our kitchen floor. We’ve had a test patch done – having the varnish stripped and then whitewashed – and that little test patch shows that it is going to be transformational!

5. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

We are in the process of giving our kitchen a face lift on a budget starting with the floors which are a great way of making it seem new on a budget!

6. Jeanine
      October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

So many great ideas. We are painting our kitchen tonight to hopefully give it a little facelift. We want to update it a bit and will be trying whatever we can to save a bit while doing so!

7. Katrina Ellen
      October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

We spend so much time in our kitchen preparing meals and also getting ready for the day. I love that these are some easy things to do to make the space that much more inviting.

8. Pam
      October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

Changing lighting can change a whole room. These are great tips for budget friendly home renovations.

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

It is amazing what we can do to our kitchens these days. These are some amazing ideas!

10. Jenn Mitchell
      October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

My kitchen could definitely use a lift. I love all of these ideas that won’t break my bank account to give it a little bit of help.

11. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

What great ideas! I would love to renovate our kitchen as, although it is well done, it isnt to our taste!

12. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I like the fact that these ideas are all cost-effective and still can give a good makeover to the kitchen. I really like the bit about the lighting of the kitchen, this is something we too would be trying out.

13. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

These are some great ideas for renovating your kitchen on a budget! I love light so for me that is a big thing, I’ve lived in dull and dark homes and making sure it is light around you is a big thing.

14. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

These are great ideas to renovate a kitchen without spending a lot. I can’t believe it when I hear my friends and family tell me what they pay a contractor to come in and do a full kitchen remodel.

15. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I am working on kitchen renovations. Our kitchen is rather blah at the moment. Eventually we’ll get new cabinets and flooring. Plus appliances. But we need to win the lottery first.

16. candy
      October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

Lighting is so important in every room of the home and most people don’t put in enough lighting. A new back splash, hardware or even a paint job does wonders.

17. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

We’ve been in the throes of home renovations as well. Our kitchen was one of the first projects we tackled and I’m SO glad we did!! We LOVE our open kitchen space. 🙂 You can see all the updates on our blog and we even have a YouTube episode featuring the kitchen makeover!

🙂
      Tabitha Blue

18. Wend
      October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I would love to own a house to be able to renovate it! I love the idea of making a house just as you want it. Painting and upcycling the worktops is a fab idea to save some money and you’re right, painting the walls can make loads of difference xz

• October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

I know what you mean, I am hoping to get a place of my own once we’ve done the family home

19. Wensgy
      October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

• October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Thank you, Wendy, upcycling can dave some money indeed

20. SHELLEY KING
      October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

We just bought an older home and the kitchen is driving me crazy. It needs updated big time. You have great tips. I think I will work with the lighting and painting first.

21. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I’m hoping to buy our first home within the next 30 days and I know I’ll probably need to renovate some part of it. I’m not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to the final result.

22. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

We did our kitchen on a budget and it’s so surprising how much you can save, fab tips

• October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Thanks, once you think about it, you can really save

23. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

The kitchen is the last room in our house we want to do up. This is very helpful I’m definitely going to try to add more light and look at up cycling!

• October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Oh good luck lovely and hope these tips come in handy when you do start your kitchen up do

24. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

Kitchen renovations are expensive. We have learned to look carefully at what we can live with. We might save the cabinets but change the countertops. Or, save the countertops and paint the cabinets. Lighting can be expensive but it does add a lot of drama!

25. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I love finding low cost ways to renovate my house! We did a few of these lower cost ideas a few years ago and it made a big difference with our kitchen. Painting the cabinets, changing out the hardware and adding a back splash made a huge impact on the kitchen.

26. October 8, 2018 / 1:13 pm

Really great tips. We’re gong to be moving house soon and need to do some minor renovations. I’ll keep some of these in mind.

• October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Good luck with the move and hope you find some useful and affordable ways to renovate your new home

27. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

These are such a good idea and the perfect way to make changes at home without spending a lot of money. When we moved into our house we contemplated refurbishing the kitchen cupboards, instead of replacing it 🙂

28. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Painting and refreshing counter tops would be my first port of call if doing up the kitchen. It’d be great to get a whole new kitchen but as pointed out that can start to get costly!

29. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Great ideas! Definitely painting and brightening everything up can help so much. I agree that kitchens can be mega expensive if fitting out brand new x

30. October 2, 2018 / 6:29 pm