Instagram
3   154
1   523
6   319
10   570
5   561

How to Reduce Non-Medical Fatigue – Tips

Fatigue, also known as tiredness, lack of motivation, mental or physical exhaustion is something every human experience. The cause can either be medical or non-medical, for medical please consult with your physician.

In this article, we will talk about how to reduce non-medical fatigue that everyone experiences at least once. We will briefly talk about the causes of fatigue and ways in which to reduce fatigue.

Fatigue, also known as tiredness, lack of motivation, mental or physical exhaustion is something every human experience. The cause can either be medical or non-medical, for medical please consult with your physician

Causes of Non-Medical Fatigue

Working a long day or even 9-5 at a stressful job can cause anyone non-medical fatigue. There many other factors that have been associated with fatigue most of which are easy to fix. The following causes are some which I have personally experienced and always caused me fatigue.

Lack of Exercise

Like most people, I am not big on exercise and would rather be a couch potato. I noticed that without any exercise I found myself tired even after I had slept.

Lifestyle & Diet

Those who know me know I couldn’t still to a diet to save my life nor do I eat healthily. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t eat junk food all the time, but I don’t make healthier choices often either.

Drinking Excessive Alcohol/Caffeine

Whilst I do not drink daily, I do go overboard when I go out on the town with friends. The result of this next day is almost extra fatigue which sometimes lasts the whole day. I am not big on caffeine either because it does make me feel really tired.

Working Long Hours

Most of us experience this at least once or more in our lifetime, working long hours. I work 9-5 in a corporate office which can be stressful at times but also work on my blog after. A typical working hour day for me is 18 hours and sometimes longer if I have deadlines.

How-to Reduce Non-Medical Fatigue

What I have listed above is only a handful of what can cause fatigue in people. As someone who suffers from insomnia, lack of sleep also adds to my daily feeling of fatigue. For others it could be medication they are on that can cause fatigue. Whichever the cause is, here are some ways to reduce non-medical fatigue.

Drink More Water

There are days when I feel tired and drinking a glass of water relieves that feeling. Cut out on alcohol and caffeinated drinks and keep your body hydrated.

Take Energising Supplements

Most times when drinking water is not helping, taking energising supplements like *Energise Me, can help. The supplements are designed to keep you refreshed, helping to increase endurance and boost vitality.

non-medical fatigue

Exercise Often & Sleep Well

Most of us rarely have time to head to the gym and work out, working out at home becomes essential. I often practice yoga at home to help get my energy levels back and relieve stress.

Stress has been associated with fatigue and practising yoga is known to reduce stress. Yoga is also a simple but great exercise that can help you to fall asleep. Whenever I have insomnia and desperately need sleep, I practice a few yoga moves. I often fall asleep within half an hour after practising few yoga moves.

reduce non-medical fatigue

Other things that you can do to reduce non-medical fatigue is to eat small meals frequently. Obviously making healthier choices like include the ‘good fats – coconut oil, avocado’ into our diets. It is our hope that these tips will help even one person to combat fatigue.

This is a collaborative post

1. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I’m going to save this and come back to it as needed. Thanks for sharing these tips with us!

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

3. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

i always feel better when I get more exercise and I am totally guilty of not drinking enough water too

4. Pam
    October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I notice that when I drink more water, exercise, and eat healthier foods I feel so much better. Those are all good tips.

5. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I definitely would like to be more active. Getting my heart rate up would give me lots of energy.

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I seem to be tired all the time and even if I take a nap I am still tired. So I can’t wait to check out these tips and see if they help me with more energy because it isn’t fair to my family if I am tired all the time and don’t’ want to do anything.

7. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Your “Lifestyle and Diet” section, Babushka is sooo there. Working from home, mainly from bed, this and exercising are definitely things to look out for. Gracias for the reminder.

8. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I believe stress is a big factor that’s why we tried to slow down a little bit esp. when we are off. We spend more time exploring nature close by by hiking. And that helps us to enjoy life more and staying fit.

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I’m constantly tired, it’s ridiculous. I try to follow healthy lifestyle rules, I walk to work, I try not to drink alcohol during the week, I could make better choices with my food though. Maybe I should give those tablets a try, I need a boost most days.

Katie xoxo

10. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I feel way better when I am eating healthy. You would think it would motivate me to stick to it, but it doesn’t.

11. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

These are all great ways at overcoming fatigue!! I have noticed that the more I work out and get active in general that my energy level has slowly gone up! That gives me the motivation to keep on going!!

12. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I need to start making these changes! Thanks so much for this post, it helps! When I drink more water, I feel better.

13. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I have made great progress in going to bed early these days. I just have to adjust to it so I could fall asleep easy.

14. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

One of the major health issues nowadays is fatigue owing to the strenuous lifestyles that we all live nowadays. Hectic schedules, improper diets all contribute. These are some nice and doable tips to help here.

15. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I always find my mood and tiredness levels improve so much after a quick work out! HIIT training is perfect for those who don’t like exercising for long or not a fan of the gym. Hydration and lots of fibre and fresh foods are a great way of boosting energy. Brilliant post and tips.

16. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I suffer from insomnia so anything that will make me sleep longer or deeper I am off for. I do a lot of these things that I can probably do them a little bit better. I would be very happy and trying and just for the sheer fact I would like some more sleep.

17. October 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I enerally don’t get sleepy but I can get the blahs now and again when work gets to me. I think all your tips are smart ones to live by.

18. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I need to keep these in mind. I always try to get plenty of sleep. But I know my diet isn’t always the greatest, so that can make me sleepy. I do try to jog daily at least!

19. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I definitely experience a lot of fatigue just from overdoing things in general. These are good tips, and it is important for us to take care of our health.

20. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

These are great tips. I know that all of these would help me in my fatigue that is generalized to the afternoon. Come about 3:00, I need myself a little power nap.

21. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I made myself start back exercising about 3 months ago. I haven’t missed a day yet and I feel so much better. I’m not as fatigued at the end of the day and I have more energy. Some days, I have to make myself put on my workout clothes and get going, but the end result is so worth the effort. These are all great tips!

22. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I have made some of the same lifestyle changes as you and I can really see and feel the difference! Great post!

23. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

Great tips, these! I find not exercising makes me incredibly tired, so that would be my main focus. That and coffee. 🙂

24. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I definitely need to exercise more to keep my tiredness down as I could always sleep more x

25. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I definitely need to make some changes; I’ve been feeling fatigued a lot lately. Will take these on board for sure.

26. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

These sound like some great hints – sadly I have CFS so I’m always in a fatigued state and would do anything to change that. Perhaps one day – who knows I do hope!

27. October 8, 2018 / 1:11 pm

Water makes such a difference for me, I know hen I am getting dehyfrated as I feel so tired. Mich x

28. October 4, 2018 / 7:47 am

45. October 1, 2018 / 2:11 pm

46. October 1, 2018 / 2:11 pm

47. October 1, 2018 / 1:26 pm

48. October 1, 2018 / 1:08 pm

49. candy
    October 1, 2018 / 12:54 pm

I notice a big difference if I am not getting out and working out. Even taking walks helps me sleep better. Water is very important as well.

50. October 1, 2018 / 12:30 pm